Yanchao District (Chinese: 燕巢區; pinyin: Yàncháo Qū; Wade–Giles: Yen4-ch'ao2 Ch'ü1) is a district of Kaohsiung City, Taiwan.
|Yanchao District |
After the handover of Taiwan from Japan to the Republic of China in 1945, Yanchao was organized as a rural township of Kaohsiung County. On 25 December 2010, Kaohsiung County was merged with Kaohsiung City and Yanchao was upgraded to a district of the city.
The district consists of Jianshan, Qionglin, Anzhao, Jiaoxiu, Fengxiong, Jinshan, Tungyan, Nanyan, Xiyan, Hengshan and Shenshui Village.
Yanchao is served by Freeways 1, 3, and 10, Provincial Highway 22, and City Route 186.
- Wu Rong-i, Vice Premier of the Republic of China (2005-2006)
- Yang Chiu-hsing, Magistrate of Kaohsiung County (2001-2010)
- ^ "Glossary of Names for Admin Divisions" (PDF). placesearch.moi.gov.tw. Ministry of Interior of the ROC. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- ^ https://www.cec.gov.tw/pc/en/TV/nm64000002100000000.html[bare URL]
- ^ http://www.yenchao.gov.tw/En/Tourism.asp