The Timelines task force works on timelines within railroad articles and maintains the articles within Category:Rail transport timelines. This task force also assists the Portal task force with the "Selected anniversaries" and "Trains news" section content.
- Scan existing Wikipedia articles for events to add to the appropriate timeline and anniversary pages.
- Scan external reference sources for events to add to the appropriate timeline and anniversary pages.
- Research and find references for existing events listed on the timeline and anniversary pages.
- Maintain consistency between the timeline and anniversary pages, ensuring that events and facts are uniformly and correctly listed in all locations.
- Monitor other language wikis to maintain interwiki links on the timeline and anniversary pages.
- Translate events listed on other language wikis into English for use on timeline and anniversary pages here.
Rail transport articlesEdit
- Develop a standard presentation format for timelines within rail transport topic articles.
- Add articles about specific events to the appropriate DECADE in rail transport category (Category:Railway accidents sorted)
- Improve the infobox navigation templates to reduce the number of parameters and simplify their use.
- Find suitable images of specific events listed on the anniversary and timeline pages.
- Rail transport specific categories
- General categories
- Infobox navigation
- Colin Churcher's Railway Pages - several pages listing Canadian events
- Rivanna Chapter National Railway Historical Society - monthly updates listing North American events in "This month in railroad history"