Wickede (German pronunciation: [ˈvɪkədə]), officially Wickede (Ruhr), is a municipality in the district of Soest, in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. Wickede lists the town of Jemielnica in Poland as its twin city and enjoys the cultural exchange and relationship.
|• Mayor||Hermann Arndt (CDU)|
|• Total||25.2 km2 (9.7 sq mi)|
|Elevation||140 m (460 ft)|
|• Density||500/km2 (1,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
Wickede (Ruhr) is situated on the river Ruhr which runs directly through the town and shapes the townscape. Wickede (Ruhr) is situated approximately 20 km south of Hamm and 20 km south-west of Soest. The town encompasses 25.2 square kilometers and is located on the southern flank of a hill called "Haarstrang".
Division of the townEdit
After the local government reforms of 1969 Wickede consists of 5 districts:
- Echthausen (1.622 inhabitants)
- Schlückingen (218 inhabitants)
- Wiehagen (1.452 inhabitants)
- Wimbern (1.003 inhabitants)
- Wickede (8.564 inhabitants)
- Fritz Steinhoff (1897-1969), German politician (SPD)
- "Bevölkerung der Gemeinden Nordrhein-Westfalens am 31. Dezember 2019" (in German). Landesbetrieb Information und Technik NRW. Retrieved 17 June 2020.
- Official site (in German)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wickede.|