Western Dedicated Freight Corridor
The Western Dedicated Freight Corridor or Western DFC is a broad gauge freight corridor under construction in India by Indian Railways. It will connect India's capital, Delhi, and its economic hub, Mumbai. This corridor will cover a distance of 1483 km and would be electrified with double line operation. A single line branch is proposed from Pirthala Junction to Tughlakabad. This will run parallel to existing Delhi - Mathura main line. Route from Rewari to Dadri will be entirely new line and Dadri will further be connected to Khurja junction which will connect this corridor to Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor.
|Western Dedicated Freight Corridor|
|Locale||Delhi NCT, Haryana, Rajasthan, Gujarat and Maharashtra, India|
|Termini||Dadri, Uttar Pradesh, near Delhi|
JNPT, Navi Mumbai
|Line length||1,483 km (921 mi)|
|Track gauge||5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) Indian broad gauge|
|Western Dedicated Freight corridor|
The Western Dedicated Freight Corridor will begin at Dadri near Delhi in the state of Uttar Pradesh covering a new patch of railway between Dadri - Rewari and then will run parallel to existing line via Narnaul, Ringas. The other important station will be Phulera and Marwar Junction in Rajasthan, Palanpur, Amli Road (Sabarmati), Makarpura (Vadodara), Gothangam / Kosad in Gujarat and Vasai Road in Maharashtra before it terminates at JNPT at Nhava-Sheva near Navi Mumbai in state of Maharashtra.
This corridor is divided into multiple section for contracting purposes.
|Dadri - Rewari||141||Dadri-Rewari||Under Construction||L&T-Sojitz Consortium|
|Rewari - Iqbalgarh (Palanpur)||626||Rewari-Phulera (near Jaipur)-Ajmer-Marwar-Iqbalgarh||Partly Operational. Between Rewari to Ajmer (Madar)||L&T-Sojitz Consortium.|
|Iqbalgarh (Palanpur) - Vadodara||304||Iqbalgarh-Palanpur-Mehsana-Amli Road (near Ahmadabad)-Vadodara||Under Construction||L&T, Sojit & Gayatri Projects Consortium|
|Vadodara - Sachin||163||Vadodara-Sachin||Under Construction||Mitsui-IRCON-TATA Consortium|
|Sachin - JNPT||265||Sachin-Valsad-Vasai Road-Jawaharlal Nehru Port||Under Construction||Mitsui-IRCON-Tata Consortium|
- Aug 2018: DFCCIL successfully conducted inaugural run of Indian Railways freight train on 15 August 2018 between 190 Route km long New Ateli - New Phulera stations of WDFC.
- Dec 2018: DFCCIL successfully tested 306 km stretch between Kishangarh Balawas (Rewari) and Madar(Ajmer). This 306 km includes Ateli to Phulera distance.
- Das, Mamuni (3 April 2013). "Rlys' reluctance to cede control delays $1-billion World Bank loan". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- Tandon, Shubhra (8 August 2016). "Larsen & Toubro set to win Rs 4,000 cr western dedicated freight corridor project". The Financial Express.
- Kumar, V Rishi (5 January 2016). "Mitsui-led consortium starts work on Western Dedicated Freight Corridor Project". The Hindu Business Line.
- Bhargava, Yuthika (4 September 2018). "Ateli enters history on a freight train" – via www.thehindu.com.