Viacom 18 Media Pvt. Limited is an Indian joint venture operation between TV18 and ViacomCBS based in Mumbai. It was founded in November 2007 and owns various channels of ViacomCBS, as well as various consumer products in India.
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Rahul Joshi (CEO)|
|Owners||Network18 Group (51%)|
ViacomCBS Networks EMEAA (49%)
The Indian Film Company
In January 2010, Viacom 18 went international with the launch of Colors in United States. The channel is called Aapka Colors. In July 2010, it got into 50/50 distribution joint venture with Sun Network to form Sun 18.
In 2013, TV18 acquired the non-Telugu language TV assets of ETV Network for ₹2,053 Crore, with a permission to use ETV brand name. In 2015, Viacom 18 decided to rebrand all five non-Telugu language ETV regional general entertainment channels. ETV Marathi, ETV Gujarati, ETV Kannada, ETV Bangla and ETV Odia were rebranded into Colors Marathi, Colors Gujarati, Colors Kannada, Colors Bangla and Colors Odia respectively.
In December 2011, Viacom 18 launched Nickelodeon Sonic, targeting young adults. The company also owns Viacom18 Studios. On 31 January 2018, TV18 announced its acquisition of Viacom's majority in the joint venture, taking operational control and leaving Viacom with minority interest. On 1 October 2019, Viacom 18 launched Colors HD in Malaysia on Astro Malaysia; every serial will be served with Malay and English subtitles.
Channels and platformsEdit
Following are the distribution channels available from Viacom18:
|Colors TV||2008||Hindi||General Entertainment||SD+HD|
|Colors Cineplex Bollywood||2021|
|Colors Infinity||2015||English||General Entertainment||SD+HD|
|Colors Bangla||2000||Bengali||General Entertainment||SD+HD||Previously known as ETV Bangla|
|Colors Bangla Cinema||2019||Movies||SD|
|Colors Gujarati||2002||Gujarati||General Entertainment||Previously known as ETV Gujarati|
|Colors Gujarati Cinema||2019||Movies|
|Colors Kannada||2000||Kannada||General Entertainment||SD+HD||Previously known as ETV Kannada|
|Colors Kannada Cinema||2018||Movies|
|Colors Marathi||2000||Marathi||General Entertainment||SD+HD||Previously known as ETV Marathi|
|Colors Odia||2002||Odia||SD||Previously known as ETV Odia|
- "Viacom18 Media Pvt. Ltd". Viacom18.com. Archived from the original on 23 October 2018. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- "TV18 Broadcast Ltd (CRD)" (PDF). BSEIndia. Archived from the original (PDF) on 23 September 2015.
- "Corporate restructure complete for India's Network18". rapidtvnews.com. Retrieved 10 August 2017.
- "Beefing Up The Bouquet". business.outlookindia.com. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- Network18 finishes Rs 2,053-cr deal to acquire ETV stakes
- "ETV re-branding to Colors". Retrieved 4 March 2015.
- "Viacom18 launches its new channel 'Sonic Nickelodeon' in India". India Infoline. 5 December 2018. Retrieved 26 December 2018.
- "TV18 to increase stake to 51% in Viacom18, the JV with Viacom Inc". Viacom18. 31 January 2018. Retrieved 31 January 2018.
- "Our Channels - On Air". viacom18.com.