Colors Kannada previously known as ETV Kannada (Kannada: Colors ಕನ್ನಡ) is a South Indian general entertainment channel that primarily broadcasts Kannada language entertainment shows. Based in Bangalore, Colors Kannada is one of the most viewed Kannada TV channel in Karnataka. This channel is currently available in India, United States and Malaysia.
|Launched||10 December 2000|
|Owned by||Viacom18 & ETV Network|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV) |
|Slogan||Onde Samband ha Ade Anubandha|
|Sister channel(s)||Colors Super|
|Airtel Digital TV||Channel 842|
|Sun Direct||SD Channel 252|
HD Channel 804
|Dish TV||Channel 881|
(UK & Ireland)
|Tata Sky||Channel 814|
|Reliance Digital TV||Channel 882|
|Videocon d2h||Channel 841|
|DEN Networks||Channel 704|
|SITI Cable||Channel 734|
|Asianet Digital TV||Channel 242 (SD) Channel 873 (HD)|
It was launched on December 10, 2000 and promoted by Hyderabad's Ramoji Rao. Now it is part of Viacom 18 owned by Network 18. In 2013, the channel completed its 13th anniversary. The channel was re-branded under the Colors franchise on 26 April 2015.
- "Watch Anubandha awards on Colors Kannada soon – Times of India". The Times of India. India: The Times of India. Retrieved 2019-04-04.
- Reporter, B. S. (2015-10-17). "Bigg Boss Kannada back on Colors Kannada". business-standard.com. India: Business Standard India. Retrieved 2019-04-04.
- "Viacom18 to launch Colors Kannada Cinema channel". financialexpress.com. India: The Financial Express. 2018-09-11. Retrieved 2019-04-04.
- "Kannada Television to Gain a New Hue". viacom18.com. India: Viacom 18.
- "Kannada Movie/Cinema News – IT IS COLORS KANNADA NOT ETV KANNADA – Chitratara.com". www.chitratara.com. Karnataka, India. Retrieved 2019-04-04.
- DISH NETWORK – SOUTH ASIAN CHANNELS