Heronry at Uppalpadu
|• Type||Panchayati raj|
|• Body||Uppalapadu gram panchayat|
|• Total||1,660 ha (4,100 acres)|
|• Density||370/km2 (960/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
The Bird Center is located just after the village entrance. The water tanks in the village are unique as they provide refuge to many species of birds, including endangered spot-billed pelicans and painted storks. The birds migrate here from various places such as Siberia, and use the center for nesting.
Government and politicsEdit
Uppalapadu gram panchayat is the local self-government of the village. It is divided into wards and each ward is represented by a ward member. The ward members are headed by a Sarpanch. The village forms a part of Andhra Pradesh Capital Region and is under the jurisdiction of APCRDA.
- "Gram Panchayat Identification Codes" (PDF). Saakshar Bharat Mission. National Informatics Centre. p. 112. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 August 2017. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
- "District Census Hand Book – Guntur" (PDF). Census of India. Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India. pp. 14, 390. Retrieved 17 May 2019.
- "Population". Census of India. Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 17 May 2019.
- "Location co-ordinates of Uppalapadu". Wikimapia. Retrieved 1 August 2007.
- "Uppalapadu Bird sanctuary". Online edition of The Hindu. Chennai, India. 20 July 2005. Retrieved 1 August 2007.
- Seetharam, Mukkavilli (1 January 1990). Citizen Participation in Rural Development. Mittal Publications. p. 34. ISBN 9788170992271.
- Social Science. Vk Publications. p. 117. ISBN 9788179732144.
- "Declaration of A.P. Capital Region" (PDF). Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority. Municipal Administration and Urban Development Department, Andhra Pradesh. 30 December 2014. p. 4. Archived (PDF) from the original on 11 May 2019. Retrieved 14 May 2019.
- "School Information". Commissionerate of School Education. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 7 May 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Uppalapadu.|
- Uppalapadu on BirdLife.Org
- "GANITHA SAMRAT" Honarary Title & Felicitation to Professor M.K.R.S. veera Kumar
|This article about a location in Guntur district, Andhra Pradesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|