Union of Islamic Iran People Party
|General Secretary||Ali Shakouri-Rad|
|Founded||20 August 2015|
|Legalised||20 April 2015|
by Ministry of Interior
|National affiliation||Iranian reform movement|
|Spiritual predecessor||Islamic Iran Participation Front|
1 / 290
|Tehran City Council|
6 / 21
|Mashhad City Council|
1 / 15
In January 2015, it was confirmed by the Ministry of Interior that it has received a request for a permit to establish a new political party. The reformists carried out some six similar initiatives for party formation in the past six months. It was officially given permission on April 20, 2015.
Most members of the party are former members of Islamic Iran Participation Front, banned in 2009. The party was accused of being a "front" for the banned Islamic Iran Participation Front, which was tacticly denied by the party.
Central council of the party consists of 30 members, including Gholamreza Ansari, Hamidreza Jalaeipour, Fatemeh Rakeei and Jalal Jalalizadeh. Emadaddin Khatami, son of Mohammad Khatami is also a member.
- Farid Mousavi (Tehran, Rey, Shemiranat and Eslamshahr)
- City Council of Tehran
Notes & ReferencesEdit
- Transliterated Hezb-e Ettehad-e Mellat-e Iran-e Eslami. The official name in English is "Union of Islamic Iran People Party", however it is alternatively called "Iranian National Unity Party", "National Alliance Party", "Union of the Islamic Nation of Iran Party" and "Islamic Iran's People's Alliance" by media.
- "New reformist party meets". Islamic Republic News Agency. 21 August 2015. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- "نارضایتی محافظه کاران در ایران از تشکیل یک 'حزب اصلاح طلب' جدید - BBC Persian" (in Persian). BBC Persian. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- "How Iran's beleaguered reformist party has been reincarnated once again". Tehran Bureau. 7 October 2015. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "Iran's reformists cautiously optimistic about new parties". Financial Times. 25 May 2015. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- "New Iranian reformist party elects leader". Radio Zamaneh. 21 August 2015. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- Philip Ingram (6 January 2015). "Regional Intelligence to 06 January 2015". securitymiddleeast.com. Retrieved 6 January 2015.
- "شکوری راد: اتحاد ملت، نام مستعار هیچ حزبی نیست/براندازان در اصلاح طلبی نمی گنجند" (in Persian). Khabar Online. 21 August 2015. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- "اعضای شورای مرکزی حزب اتحاد ملت مشخص شدند" (in Persian). Iranian Labour News Agency. 21 August 2015. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
|This article about an Iranian political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|