Bartolome Alberto Mott (born October 1, 1987), known by his stage name Tom Rodriguez, is a Filipino model, actor, host and singer.
Bartolome Alberto Mott
October 1, 1987
|Agent||Star Magic (2009–2013) |
GMA Network (2013–present)
|Known for||Pinoy Big Brother: Double Up|
My Husband's Lover
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Partner(s)||Carla Abellana (2015–present)|
Rodriguez is from Catbalogan, Samar. He was born in Subic Naval Base in Zambales to an American serviceman father and a Filipina mother. One of six siblings, he moved with his two brothers and three sisters with their mother to Pinabacdao, Samar (where their mother hails from). But they grew up in nearby Catbalogan City, also in Samar, where Rodriguez studied at St. Mary's College of Catbalogan (formerly Sacred Heart College) from kindergarten to elementary. They later migrated to the United States when he was 12 years old with his parents. He lived in Arizona and attended Cibola High School in Yuma. Then the family migrated to San Francisco where he took up Digital Animation but found it hard to find a job there. Rodriguez speaks English, Tagalog and Waray-Waray.
Career and actingEdit
After his eviction from Pinoy Big Brother: Double Up, he signed under Star Magic and took the stage name Tom Rodriguez. He made his television debut in Precious Hearts Romances Presents: My Cheating Heart.
In 2010, Rodriguez had a small role in an episode of Maalaala Mo Kaya with Angel Locsin. He and his fellow Pinoy Big Brother: Double Up housemates were cast in Your Song's summer episode Isla. He later played the love interest of Valerie Concepcion in Precious Hearts Romances Presents: Love Me Again. He also joined all male-singing group VoizBoys replacing Ronnie Liang, who was pulled out from the group because he has an existing contract to do an album as a solo artist. He made his film debut in Here Comes The Bride and later appeared in the film Petrang Kabayo.
Later in 2011, Rodriguez was cast in the remake film of Temptation Island in 1980 where he gained his fame, success and the key to him having a great career ahead of him. The movie was debuted on July 2011 and made it to the box office hitting 60 million. The movie were showered with numerous high ratings and excellent receptions from certain critics. Rodriguez's character pairing with GMA artist Marian Rivera played as one of the sexy and glamorous roles in the movie that had explicitly. He played the new version of Umberto that made him being one of the new twist in story from the old film as a server on an exclusive luxurious yacht shot in the beautiful scenic Manila Bay. Marian Rivera's character (Christina G.) played as the seductive girlfriend tempting Umberto later in the movie.
He recently played Simon Escalante in TV5's teen series My Driver Sweet Lover. Rodriguez appeared in the ABS-CBN's hit drama series Angelito: Batang Ama as a regular. In the year 2012, he appeared in the movie The Reunion and in the hit daytime soap Be Careful with My Heart. He plays Jeff Macavinta as the father of Aiza Seguerra's character, Cristina Rose's son, Pocholo.
Transfer to GMA NetworkEdit
In 2014, following the success of My Husband's Lover, he portrayed the role of Lucas Matthew Andrada in the television drama series My Destiny, opposite his MHL co-star and rumored girlfriend Carla Abellana.
In 2012, Rodriguez played the titular character of Meralco Theater's Aladdin.
|2009||Pinoy Big Brother: Double Up||Himself / Housemate||ABS-CBN||Forced eviction (Day 41)|||
|Precious Hearts Romances Presents: My Cheating Heart||Harry|
|2010||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Mike||Episode: "Litrato"|||
|2010||Your Song Presents : Isla||Tom|
|2010||Precious Hearts Romances Presents: Love Me Again||Chadilton "Chad" Barrera|
|2011||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Bong||Episode: "School ID"|||
|2011||Precious Hearts Romances Presents: Mana Po||Johnny Santos|
|2011||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Noli||Episode: "Niagara Falls"|||
|2012||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Chiz Escudero||Episode: "Singsing"|
|2013||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Ian||Episode: "Palda"|
|2013||Sunday All Stars||Host / Performer||GMA Network|
|2014||Don't Lose the Money||Host|||
|2015||Ismol Family||Mac-Mac (Guest)|
|2016||Asia's Next Top Model Cycle 4||Guest|
|2017||24 Oras||Himself / relief Chika Minute anchor|
|2010||M3 (Malay Mo Ma-develop)||Ted Salazar||ABS-CBN|
|2010–11||My Driver Sweet Lover||Simon Escalante||TV5|||
|2011||Guns and Roses||Young Lucio||ABS-CBN|
|2011–12||Angelito: Batang Ama||Andrew Posadas|
|2012–13||Be Careful with My Heart||Jeff D. Macavinta|
|2013||My Husband's Lover||Vicente "Vincent" Soriano||GMA Network|
|My Destiny||Lucas Matthew Andrada|
|2016–17||Someone To Watch Over Me||Teodoro Jose "TJ" Chavez|
|2017||Mulawin versus Ravena||Rodrigo|
|I Heart Davao||Ponce Torres|
|2018||The Cure||Gregory "Greg" Salvador|
|2019||Dragon Lady||Michael Chan|
|2020||Love of My Life||Stefano Gonzales|
|I Can See You||Luisito "Luis" Alvarez|
|2021||The World Between Us||Bryan Libradilla|
|2010||Here Comes The Bride||Harold|
|Ang Tanging Ina Mo (Last na 'To!)||Angel|
|2013||It Takes A Man and a Woman||Anton Ortega|
|My Lady Boss||Timothy|
|Bekikang: Ang Nanay Kong Beki||Fortunato|||
|2014||So It's You||Goryo|
|Beauty in a Bottle||Pocholo|
|The Amazing Praybeyt Benjamin||Janjaranjan|
|English Only, Please||Ernest||Special Participation|
|2015||The Love Affair||Ryan|
|No Boyfriend Since Birth||Carl Mercado|
|2018||The Significant Other||Edward|
|Abay Babes||Zack Xavier|
||PARI: Gold|
|2013||My Husband's Lover||27th PMPC Star Awards for TV||Best Drama Actor||Nominated|
|2013||ENPRESS Golden Screen TV Awards||Best Performance by an Actor in a Drama Series||Nominated|
- "Housemate Profile – Tom". Pinoy Big Brother: Double Up. ABS-CBN, Inc. Retrieved July 30, 2015.
- "Carla Abellana Greets Tom Rodriguez on IG: Happy Birthday, My Love!". GMA News. Retrieved January 12, 2018.
- "Sexy Talk with Tom Rodriguez and Hermes Bautista". The Philippine Star. June 11, 2010. Retrieved September 10, 2013.
- Quintos, Napoleon (February 21, 2010). "Tom Rodriguez has no conflict with Ronnie Liang". Showbuzz Feature. ABS-CBN. Retrieved November 8, 2010.
- "Angel Locsin pairs up with Jake Cuenca for 'Maalaala Mo Kaya'". episodes. ABS-CBN. February 13, 2010. Archived from the original on March 4, 2010. Retrieved March 7, 2010.
- Franco, Bernie (May 6, 2010). "PBB's Tom Rodriguez is open to going nude for a project Liang". Showbuzz Feature. ABS-CBN. Retrieved November 8, 2010.
- Llanes, Rommel R. (October 24, 2010). "Tom Rodriguez credits crooner Richard Poon for his confidence in singing". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved November 8, 2010.
- Almo, Nerisa (March 25, 2015). "Carla Abellana Keeps Steady 'Dating' Relationship with Tom Rodriguez". GMA News. Retrieved July 7, 2016.
- Policarpio, Allan (March 27, 2015). "Carla Abellana Hopes Tom Rodriguez is 'the One'". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved July 7, 2016.
- "Tom thrills viewers in newest game show, Don't Lose The Money".
- "Tom Rodriguez on Being Chosen to Play Sergio in New Mari Mar: "It Felt so Unreal"". Philippine Entertainment Portal. June 24, 2015. Retrieved July 7, 2016.
- Rula, Gorgy (June 24, 2015). "Megan Young and Tom Rodriguez Star in Marimar Remake; Expect Comparison with Marian Rivera and Dingdong Dantes". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved July 7, 2016.
- "Atlantis Productions stages 'Disney's Aladdin'". The Philippine Star. November 12, 2012. Retrieved September 10, 2013.
- Quintos, Napoleon (November 21, 2009). "Pinoy Big Brother Double Up's Tom Mott is Enjoying Princess Manzon's Company". ABS-CBN.com. Retrieved July 7, 2016.
- "Melissa Ricks and Matt Evans are Paired Anew in MMK". Philippine Entertainment Portal. February 17, 2011. Retrieved September 10, 2013.
- "Niagara Falls". Maalaala Mo Kaya. Retrieved August 5, 2016.
- "Why director Wenn Deramas considers 'Bekikang' his second favorite of all his movies". TV5: Interaksyon News. Retrieved October 21, 2013.
- "'Bekikang': A New Wenn Deramas Star is Born". Rappler. Retrieved October 21, 2013.