Teja Bhai & Family
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (January 2021)
|Teja Bhai & Family|
|Directed by||Deepu Karunakaran|
|Written by||Deepu Karunakaran|
|Music by||Deepak Dev|
|Distributed by||Murali Films & PJ Entertainments Europe|
Teja bhai (Prithviraj), a well known don in Malaysia, and his sidekicks are the top news of major dailies. One day, he happens to fall in love with Vedhika (Akhila), a girl who happens to pass through his life. Vedhika also lives in Kuala Lumpur and volunteers in an orphanage and is involved in several philanthropic activities. Teja under the name Roshan befriends her. The film revolves around on the love between them, without Vedika knowing the real job of Teja.
Vedhika's father Damodarji (Thalaivasal Vijay) wants his daughter to be married to a man with high social status and family heritage. The power of love makes Teja change from his way of life as an underworld don and he decides to make a good family and for this, he flies to Kerala. Teja under the name Roshan, tries to find his estranged family. He also enlists the help of a pseudo swami Vashya Vachassu (Suraj Venjaramood). The thread takes hilarious turns with the arrival of Vedhika and her father to join in Teja's family. Unable to find his real family, Teja hires drama artists and small-time con artists to pose as his relatives. Meanwhile, some of Teja's enemies are also after him and his gang. There is also a struggle of hiding his real identity from Vedhika and her father. The hilarious consequences of these actions and the story that ensues and how Teja manages to win the hand of his love amidst all this chaos form the crux of the movie.
- Prithviraj as Teja Bhai / Roshan Varma
- Suraj Venjaramood as Rajaguru Maha Rishi Vashya Vachassu
- Akhila as Vedhika
- Thalaivasal Vijay as Damodarji
- Jagadish as Govindan Nair
- Salim Kumar as Divakaran Nair
- Jagathy Sreekumar as Vasudevan Nair
- Prem Kumar as Hari Prasad
- Mohan Jose as Advocate
- Indrans as Raghavan Nair
- Kochu Preman as Ravindran Nair
- Sidhartha Siva as Blade
- Ajith Kollam as Srank
- Ashokan as Gopan
- Nandhu as Mahadevan Thampi
- Bindu Panicker as Lathika
- Manju Pillai as Rathi Devi
- Kulappulli Leela as Ramani
- Ponnamma Babu as Manikutti
- Krishna Prabha
- Suman as Kartha
- Nedumudi Venu
- Kollam Thulasi
- Kottayam Nazeer as Police Inspector
- Bheeman Raghu as Johnny
- Vettukili Prakash
- Mafia Sasi as Ammittu
- Shakeela as Surveyor from Health Department
- Chali Pala as Jabbar
- Rajeev Govinda Pillai as Sanjay Kartha
- Sobha Mohan in cameo
- Manka Mahesh
The soundtrack features 3 songs composed by Deepak Dev, 1 tracks composed by Abu Murali and a Retro Mix version of "Oru Madhurakinaavin Lehariyil" from the 80s film Kaanamarayathu.
|1||"Pranaya Nilaa"||Shaan Rahman|
|2||"Punjiricke Punjiricke"||Benny Dayal, Rimi Tomy|
|3||"Pranaya Nilaa" (Remix)||Shaan Rahman, Deepak Dev, Aalaap Raju, Rahul Nambiar|
|4||"Verum Naadakam Jeevithangal"||Franco|
|5||"Oru Madhurackinaavin" (Remix)||Vijay Yesudas|
Teja Bhai opened to mixed reviews. Metro matinee, reports the movie to have collected 2.6 crores within 10 days while cinebuzz.co.in says the movie to have grossed 5 crores in 30 days.
The film collected US$5,664 from UK box office.
- "Tejabhai and Family' to have Prithvi in the lead". Archived from the original on 7 August 2011. Retrieved 27 February 2011.
- "Prithviraj gets funny". Archived from the original on 12 July 2012. Retrieved 27 February 2011.
- "United Kingdom and Ireland and Malta Yearly Box Office". Box Office Mojo. 30 December 2011.