Talk:Carl F. Hostetter
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to .If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This redirect is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|The following Wikipedia contributors may be personally or professionally connected to the subject of this article. Relevant policies and guidelines may include conflict of interest, autobiography, and neutral point of view.|
- Should there be a reference to the subject being a Linguist?
- If so, how should it be described?
- Are there references to tertiary (or other) qualifications?
- Or some other training?
- It is probably not proper to refer to Hostetter as a “amateur” Linguist, but given that there is a wiki on amateur (or even Amateurism) it would be worthwhile? Shot info 06:48, 24 May 2006 (UTC)
- Ah, yes, "Self-taught" would be a better expression. When I have a moment, I will edit the article to include this. Shot info 02:47, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
Ok. Sadly I was hoping that Hostetter might be able to _help_ clear things up but alas, it is not the case. Shot info 06:51, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
- Clear _what_ things up? My profession is given; my work in connection with Tolkien's languages (the only reason I have a Wikipedia entry in the first place) is succinctly and accurately summarized. What exactly is unclear? cfh 11:54, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
- See my intention and dab's comments below Shot info 23:47, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
- strictly speaking, even if he was willing to help, we couldn't accept his information per Wikipedia:Verifiability. Actually, I think it may be better to redirect this article to Elvish Linguistic Fellowship and have a short section on CHF there. As it is, the article just isn't helpful on its own. dab (ᛏ) 07:45, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
What does the "F" stand forEdit
In Hostetter's name? I believe in the archieves of TolkLang there is mention of "Franklin"? Is anybody actually aware of what it is? Shot info 02:47, 25 May 2006 (UTC)