Talk:2018 Bangladeshi general election
|WikiProject Bangladesh||(Rated C-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Elections and Referendums||(Rated C-class)|
Khaleda Zia is barred due to corruption convictionEdit
Khaleda Zia is barred due to corruption conviction needs a rewrite .Khaleda Zia Cannot Take Part In General Elections: Bangla Attorney-General ,BBC also states The jail sentence may mean the 72-year-old is barred from parliamentary polls due later this year..Pharaoh of the Wizards (talk) 13:50, 5 November 2018 (UTC)
Inclusion of Ershad in Infobox as Seperate AllianceEdit
- This states Ershad: Jatiya Party will contest in all 300 constituencies Dhaka Tribune.Pharaoh of the Wizards (talk) 08:21, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
- Yes of course he will contest! That's not the point! The point is he may not be contesting on his own, instead he might be contesting as part of Hasina's Grand Alliance:
- The infobox is for the seperate (major) alliances, not for two parties who could be colluding.
- Though I agree for now that we should keep the status quo as it seems as of late he's had a change of heart:
- Actually on a second reading of the bdnews article it seems the confusion is over what symbol he will use, not what alliance he is in. So I stick to the Dhaka Tribune, Ershad is part of the Grand Alliance.. Note especially where Quader (AL) says:
"Jatiya Party will be allied with 14-party in the upcoming election and will form the government together," he added.
- So unless Quader is lying to make it seem Ershad will be with them, it seems obvious that Ershad is with them. Also Ershad contesting all seats does not necessarily mean he is contesting on his own. (if you read the dhaka tribune article they mention this). ParthikS8 (talk) 17:09, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
- Jatiya Party is contesting in all 300 seats separately and party contesting separately has to be listed separately Whether they join together after the elections or not is not for us to decide.Parties or alliances which contest the elections separately are listed separately. JaPa in election race, unveils 18 point manifesto Dhaka Tribune they have issued there manifesto.Further the Jatiya Party have contested almost every election 1986,1988,1991,1996 (Jun),2001, and 2014 separately and is the third largest party in Bangladesh Pharaoh of the Wizards (talk) 17:44, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
Pro Awami League AuthorsEdit
The election was unfair and biased. Please don't write lies here on Wikipedia. This election has been reported as biased and not accepted by EU and US. Even the majority of people disagree. Shaikh Alimu Rahman 04:34, 2 January 2019 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Alimurahman (talk • contribs)