Suita (吹田市, Suita-shi) is a city located in northern Osaka Prefecture, Japan. As of October 1, 2016, the city has an estimated population of 378,322 and a population density of 9,880 persons per km². The total area is 36.11 km².
|• Mayor||Keiji Goto (since May 2015)|
|• Total||36.11 km2 (13.94 sq mi)|
(October 1, 2016)
|• Density||10,000/km2 (27,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+09:00 (JST)|
|City hall address||1-3-40 Izumichō, Suita-shi, Osaka-fu|
It is connected to central by Hankyu Railway, West Japan Railway Company and the Osaka Municipal Subway. The Osaka Monorail also passes through the area, connecting the city to Osaka, the Expo Commemoration Park and Osaka International Airport.
Major companies and industriesEdit
- Kansai University's main branch is located here. It is accessible through Kandaimae Station on the Hankyu Senri Line.
- Osaka University's main administrative campus is hosted here, right beside the Expo Park. It is accessible via the Osaka Monorail at Handaibyoinmae Station, or via Hankyu Senri Line at Kita-Senri Station.
- Osaka Gakuin University, accessible through Kishibe Station on JR Kyoto Line.
- Senri Kinran University, accessible through Kita-Senri Station on Hankyu Senri Line.
- Osaka University Foreign Student House
- Senri International Student House
- Kansai University International Student House
- JASSO Student House
- Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. Since July 20, 1982.
- Canterbury-Bankstown, New South Wales, Australia. Since May 12, 2016.
Suita was involved in Bankstown's first international Sister City in March 1989.
- 一般財団法人大阪国際児童文学振興財団. www.iiclo.or.jp. Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- 大阪日本民芸館. www.mingeikan-osaka.or.jp. Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- " Retrieved on February 16, 2012.
- "吹田市｜吹田市の姉妹都市・友好都市について教えてください。". www.city.suita.osaka.jp. Archived from the original on 2017-02-22.
- "Bankstown's Sister Cities (PDF)." Retrieved on July 20, 2007.