Street Dancer 3D
Street Dancer 3D is a 2020 Indian Hindi-language dance film directed by Remo D' Souza. It is produced by Bhushan Kumar, Krishan Kumar and Lizelle D'Souza under the banners T-Series and Remo D'Souza Entertainment. The film stars Varun Dhawan, Shraddha Kapoor, Prabhu Deva and Nora Fatehi. Its music is composed by Sachin–Jigar, Tanishk Bagchi, Badshah, and Guru Randhawa, and released under the banner T-Series. The story explores a dance competition between some Indian and Pakistani dancers.
|Street Dancer 3D|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Remo D'Souza|
|Produced by||Bhushan Kumar|
|Written by||Farhad Samji|
|Screenplay by||Tushar Hiranandani|
|Story by||Remo D'Souza|
|Cinematography||Vijay Kumar Arora|
|Edited by||Manan Ajay Sagar|
Remo D'Souza Entertainment
|Distributed by||AA Films|
|Budget||110 cr ( 90 cr + 20 Print and Publicity )|
|Box office||est. ₹61.76 crore|
Originally planned as a sequel to Disney's ABCD 2 (2015), the film was taken off the title due to Disney's exit from Indian film production, and was instead renamed to its current title after Bhushan Kumar took over as producer. Filming commenced in February 2019 in Punjab, later moved to London and was wrapped up in July 2019. It was theatrically released in India on 24 January 2020.
A dance epic based on the multifarious colors of dance and the unity that occurs between two different groups coming together for a single cause. Set in London, the film is about 2 rival dance groups from India and Pakistan, who've been competing against each other every time they meet, be it at a cafe or at an underground street battle, until they eventually realize that they stem from the same roots and have a common purpose to stand for their people from the Asian subcontinent. Followed by the backdrop of a global dance competition, the film showcases how these underdogs stand strong against all odds.
- Varun Dhawan as Sahej
- Shraddha Kapoor as Inayat
- Prabhu Deva as Ram Prasad
- Nora Fatehi as Mia
- Aparshakti Khurana as Amrinder
- Punit Pathak as Inder
- Salman Yusuff Khan as Zayn
- Raghav Juyal as Poddy
- Dharmesh Yelande as D
- Sushant Pujari as Shushi
- Sonam Bajwa as Pammi
- Vartika Jha as Samaira
- Murli Sharma as UK Cop
- Upasana Singh as Pammi's mother
- Zarina Wahab as Amrinder's mother
- Umair Asanti Khalil as Faris Inayat
- Manoj Pahwa as Chabda
- Pavan Rao as Fahad
- Sushant Khatri as Chotu
- Pravin Bhosle as Pravin
- Shashank Dogra as Aamir
- Nivedita Sharma as Nivi
- Prashant Shinde as Sam
- Bhupendra Singh as Omar
- Pravin Shinde as Naussef
- Sheetal Perry as Perry
- Vinay Khandelwal as Faiz
- Chandani Shrivastava as Chandani
- Francis Roughly as Mac
- Caroline Wilde as Aisha
- Adriano Gal as Alex
- Jai Hickling as Jai
- Jesus Soria Antolin as Bboy
- Sanam Johar
- Sammy John Heaney
- Nivedita Sharma
- Michael Lumb
- Hiten Patel
- Raj Gohil as Inayat's elder brother
- Victoria Rose Wilson
The first schedule of the film was shot in Punjab with Dhawan, Bajwa and Khurana. Later, the second schedule took place in London with the rest of the team including Kapoor and Fatehi. Katrina Kaif was original choice for lead role, but she opted out, and much later, Kapoor joined the cast. During the May schedule of shooting, she suffered a muscle spasm. The film was wrapped up on 26 July 2019.
Marketing and release
The film was initially scheduled for release on 8 November 2019, but was pushed ahead because it coudnt be named as abcd 3.
A first look poster of Dhawan in the film was unveiled on 27 May, with release date. In the poster, it was shown that film was released on 24 January 2020 to coincide with the Republic day week in India.
|Street Dancer 3D|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The film's music was composed by Sachin–Jigar, Tanishk Bagchi, Badshah, Guru Randhawa and Harsh Upadhyay while lyrics written by Kumaar, Priya Saraiya, Guru Randhawa, Badshah, Sachin–Jigar, Tanishk Bagchi, Vayu, IP Singh, Bhargav Purohit, Kunaal Vermaa, Badshah, Garry Sandhu, Shabbir Ahmed, Rajasri, Sameer Anjaan and Bhargav Purohit.
The song "Muqabla" from the film Kadhalan, which was dubbed in Hindi as Humse Hai Muqabla, was originally composed by A. R. Rahman, lyrics by Vaali in Tamil and P.K. Mishra in Hindi and sung by Mano and Swarnalatha, and then was recreated by Tanishk Bagchi. A version of the song was initially used to promote ABCD: Any Body Can Dance.
The sixth song "Hindustani" is a remake of the "Suno Gaur Se Duniya Walo" was originally composed by Shankar–Ehsaan–Loy, lyrics by Sameer Anjaan and sung by Shankar Mahadevan, Udit Narayan, Mahalakshmi Iyer, Domnique, and then was recreated by Harsh Upadhyay.
|1.||"Muqabla"||Shabbir Ahmed, Tanishk Bagchi||Tanishk Bagchi||Yash Narvekar, Parampara Thakur||2:56|
|2.||"Garmi"||Badshah||Badshah||Badshah, Neha Kakkar||3:02|
|3.||"Illegal Weapon 2.0"||Priya Saraiya||Tanishk Bagchi||Jasmine Sandlas, Garry Sandhu||3:08|
|4.||"Dua Karo"||Priya Saraiya||Sachin-Jigar||Arijit Singh, Bohemia, Sachin-Jigar||4:29|
|5.||"Lagdi Lahore Di"||Guru Randhawa||Sachin-Jigar, Guru Randhawa||Guru Randhawa, Tulsi Kumar||3:35|
|6.||"Hindustani"||Sameer Anjaan||Harsh Upadhyay||Shankar Mahadevan, Udit Narayan||2:26|
|7.||"Bezubaan Kab Se"||Jigar Saraiya||Sachin-Jigar||Siddharth Basrur, Jubin Nautiyal, Sachin-Jigar||4:31|
|8.||"Gann Deva"||Bhargav Purohit||Sachin-Jigar||Divya Kumar, Sachin-Jigar||4:01|
Street Dancer 3D earned ₹10.26 crore at the domestic box office on its opening day. On the second day, the film collected ₹13.21 crore. On the third day, the film collected ₹17.76 crore, taking total opening weekend collection to ₹41.23 crore.
- "Street Dancer 3D (2020)". British Board of Film Classification. Retrieved 18 January 2020.
- "Street Dancer 3D Box Office". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 28 January 2020.
- "Varun Dhawan first look as street dancer from Remo D'Souza's dance film revealed". Zee News. 30 January 2019.
- "Street Dancer: Varun Dhawan kicks off second schedule of the film in snowy London". In.com.
- "Varun Dhawan reveals Katrina Kaif called him before exiting Street Dancer: It shows her maturity". India Today. 19 April 2019. Retrieved 29 May 2019.
- "Shraddha Kapoor suffers muscle spasm on the sets of 'Street Dancer 3D'". Times of India. 28 May 2019. Retrieved 29 May 2019.
- "'Street Dancer 3D' first look poster: The Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor starrer to release on January 24, 2020". Times of India. 27 May 2019. Retrieved 27 May 2019.
- T-Series (18 December 2019). "Street Dancer 3D (Trailer) Varun D, Shraddha K,Prabhdeva, Nora F - Remo D - Bhushan K - 24th Jan. 2020". Retrieved 18 December 2019 – via YouTube.
- "Muqabla: Prabhudeva, Varun Dhawan bring back AR Rahman's iconic song after 25 years". Hindustan Times. 21 December 2019. Retrieved 21 December 2019.
- "Prabhudeva, Varun and Shraddha take us on nostalgic ride". India Today. 21 December 2019. Retrieved 21 December 2019.
- "'Street Dancer 3D' Song 'Illegal Weapon 2.0': Varun Dhawan, Shraddha Kapoor gear up for the ultimate dance-off". DNA. 4 January 2020. Retrieved 5 January 2020.
- "Street dancers Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor reach Delhi for 'Illegal Weapon 2.0' song launch". The Times of India. 5 January 2020. Retrieved 5 January 2020.
- "Harsh Upadhyay recreates song 'Suno Gaur Se Duniya Walo' in Varun Dhawan's film". Asian Age. 21 January 2020. Retrieved 25 January 2020.