|• Mayor||Solvita Ūdre|
|• Total||4.84 km2 (1.87 sq mi)|
|• Land||4.81 km2 (1.86 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.03 km2 (0.01 sq mi)|
|• Density||320/km2 (830/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
|Calling code||+371 632|
|Number of city council members||7|
The settlement was on the land of the manor Stende since the 14th century. The whole of it was owned originally by the lord of the manor Philipp von der Brüggen, to whom it was granted by the Livonian Order. Rapid growth started when in 1904 a railway station Stende on the route Riga - Ventspils was established. During the First World War in 1915 Stende was occupied by German troops. To supply troops Germans had to build a better connections to the nearby port of Roja. For this purpose narrow-gauge railway or in military terms a field railway from Roja to Stende was built. From Stende supplies could be shipped via main railroad line.
In 1991, Stende was granted city rights.
- https://data.stat.gov.lv/pxweb/lv/OSP_PUB/START__ENV__DR__DRT/DRT010/; Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia; retrieved: 25 February 2021.
- https://data.stat.gov.lv/pxweb/lv/OSP_PUB/START__POP__IR__IRS/IRD060/; Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia; retrieved: 15 June 2021.
- "DIŽSTENDE / STENDESMUIŽA (STENDEN)".
- "Latvian manors and castles and other interesting places. Dižstendes muiža (Groß-Stenden; Lielstendes, Stendes)".
- Media related to Stende at Wikimedia Commons