Soyuz TMA-18M was a 2015 Soyuz spaceflight to the International Space Station. It provided the two twelve-months occupants (Scott Kelly and Mikhail Korniyenko) at the International Space Station with a fresh Soyuz capsule. TMA-18M was the 127th flight of a Soyuz spacecraft; the first having occurred in 1967. The ascent flight consisted of a Russian commander and two flight engineers from Denmark (ESA) and Kazakhstan respectively. The flight launched in September 2015 and returned to Earth in March 2016.
Soyuz TMA-18M undocks from the ISS, 2 March 2016.
|Mission duration||181d 23h 48m|
|Spacecraft type||Soyuz-TMA 11F747 No.718|
|Start of mission|
|Launch date||2 September 2015|
|End of mission|
|Landing date||2 March 2016|
|Docking with ISS|
|Docking date||4 September 2015|
|Undocking date||2 March 2016|
|Time docked||179 days, 17 hours, 20 minutes|
(l-r) Mogensen, Volkov and Aimbetov
The descent crew was the same Russian commander and the two twelve-months occupants in March 2016. Two of the ascent crew members returned to Earth with Soyuz TMA-16M in September 2015.
|Position||Launching Crew Member||Landing Crew Member|
|Commander|| Sergey Volkov, RSA|
Third and last spaceflight
|Flight Engineer 1|| Andreas Mogensen, ESA
| Mikhail Korniyenko, RSA|
Second and last spaceflight
|Flight Engineer 2|| Aidyn Aimbetov, KazCosmos
| Scott Kelly, NASA|
Fourth and last spaceflight
|Commander||Oleg Skripochka, RSA|
|Flight Engineer 1||Thomas Pesquet, ESA|
|Flight Engineer 2||Sergey Prokopyev, RSA|
Space tourist in the third seatEdit
Japanese entrepreneur Satoshi Takamatsu trained as Sarah Brightman's backup, but he withdrew from the flight as the art projects he had planned to carry out would not be ready by the September launch date. He stated he would try for a later flight when his projects were ready to fly.
- TASS (22 June 2015). "Kazakhstani cosmonaut to fly to ISS in September in place of British singer Brightman".
- Jeff Foust (22 June 2015). "Kazakh Cosmonaut To Take Brightman's Place On Soyuz Flight". Space News.
- "Soyuz TMA-18M launches on two day trip to ISS". 1 September 2015.
- Планируемые полёты (in Russian). astronaut.ru. Retrieved 2012-09-04.
- Andreas Mogensen set for Soyuz mission to Space Station in 2015
- ESA. "Andreas Mogensen's mission name links cosmos and Earth". Retrieved 22 June 2015.
- astronaut.ru (2013). "Орбитальные полёты".
- Singer Sarah Brightman calls off flight to space station 13 May 2015
- Gebhardt,Chris (2016-03-01). "Year In Space mission ends with Soyuz TMA-18M return". nasaspaceflight.com. Retrieved 2016-03-06.
- "Historic space capsule 'touches down' in Denmark". 12 April 2018. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- Media related to Soyuz TMA-18M at Wikimedia Commons