Sofia Richie (born August 24, 1998) is an American model and fashion designer. She has been featured in campaigns by a number of major brands including Tommy Hilfiger, Michael Kors and Chanel. She is the youngest daughter of singer Lionel Richie and adoptive sister of television personality Nicole Richie.
Richie in February 2017
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Agency||Select Model Management (London)|
Sofia Richie was born in Los Angeles, California to parents Lionel Richie and his second wife Diane Alexander. She is the younger sister of Nicole Richie (who was adopted) and the biological sister of Miles Richie. Sofia Richie's godfather was singer Michael Jackson. She reported that the visits to Jackson's Neverland Ranch were some of her favorite memories as a child, and she became close friends with his daughter, Paris.
Richie grew up with an affinity for music like her father. She learned to sing at age five and play the piano at age seven. She made occasional appearances at her father's shows and took vocal lessons from vocal coach, Tim Carter, when she was 14, as well. She also worked in the studio with her brother-in-law (and Good Charlotte lead vocalist) Joel Madden. She decided to move away from a music career, however, because of the pressure of living up to her father's stature in the music industry. She made several appearances in her sister Nicole's reality television series Candidly Nicole in 2014.
Richie spent some time at Oaks Christian School—nicknamed "Celebrity High"—before being educated at home for several years while her father was on tour. She played soccer until age 16 when she broke her hip in a Segway accident.
Richie began modeling at age 14 with a feature in Teen Vogue and at 15 she got her first fashion contract with Los Angeles-based swimwear company Mary Grace Swim. The next year, Richie signed with London-based modeling agency Select Model Management. In 2014, Richie was featured on Who What Wear and NationAlist Magazine, and teamed up with Teen Vogue and Olay for that year's "Fresh to School" online campaign. In early 2015, she appeared in editorials for Elle Girl, Nylon, Dazed, Fault, Unleash'd and Love Culture.
She made her runway debut in February 2016 at the American Heart Association's Go Red For Women Red Dress Collection fashion show during New York Fashion Week. Richie has since walked the runway for Chanel, Jeremy Scott, Philipp Plein, Kanye West's Yeezy line, Samantha Thavasa and Dolce & Gabbana. Richie has featured in advertising campaigns for a number of brands including DL1961, Madonna's Material Girl line, Fendi, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Adidas, Michael Kors, Pretty Little Thing and Tommy Hilfiger. She has appeared in editorials for Tings, Elle, Seventeen and Vanity Fair. Richie has graced the covers of numerous international fashion magazines, including US' Complex and Billboard magazine's style issue, Sweets! Magazine, Manifesto, Galore, Remix, Dujour and Es Magazine; UK's Tatler and Asos Magazine; Japan's Vogue and Popular; and Singapore's L'Officiel. She appeared on the cover of US Cosmopolitan's April 2020 issue.
Fashion design careerEdit
Richie teamed up with Frankie's Bikinis to launch a colorful swimwear collection, released on July 8, 2019. The collection included tie-dye bathing suits, neon colors and bright florals. Richie designed a clothing collection called "Sofia Richie x Missguided" for UK-based retailer Missguided, which was released on September 17, 2019. The 60-piece collection included tailored pieces, mini dresses and classic coordinating sets, and all the items were priced between $20 to $100. In February 2020, she released a collaboration titled "Rolla's x Sofia Richie" with denim brand Rolla Jeans.
In March 2020, she announced her plans to launch a line of swimwear later this year. Richie wants to eventually expand her collection into a fashion line and launch a beauty company focusing on hair and body.
Richie is popular on social media and endorses products such as beauty and wellness products on Instagram. She has 6.2 million followers on Instagram as of January 2020. She has partnered with fashion brand Lulus, Suspicious Antwerp clothes, Nip + Fab skincare products and Cheetos snacks.
|2014||Candidly Nicole||Herself||3 episodes|
|2016||Red, White and Bootsy||TV movie|
|2019||Flip It Like Disick||Episode: "The Race To Finish"|
|Keeping Up with the Kardashians||Episode: "Three's Company"|
- Craig, David Cobb (September 14, 1998). "Passages". People. Archived from the original on September 20, 2016. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Minton, Melissa. "Sofia Richie Announces Missguided Fast Fashion Collection". Page Six.
- "Sofia Richie | Wonderland Magazine". Wonderland. 2016-12-20. Retrieved 2020-01-18.
- Girl, Galore (2015-09-15). "It's Only The Beginning For Sofia Richie: The It-Girl Takes On Fashion Icon". Galore. Retrieved 2020-01-18.
- Lipworth, Elaine (March 23, 2017). "Sofia Richie: say hello to Lionel's daughter". Evening Standard. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Martins, Chris (September 8, 2016). "Billboard Style Issue: Sofia Richie on Lessons Learned From Her Famous Father (Yes, Lionel) & Her 'Special Relationship' With Justin Bieber". Billboard. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Keltner de Valle, Jane (November 1, 2012). "Meet Nicole Richie's Little Sister Sofia". Teen Vogue. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Haithcoat, Rebecca (December 2016). "Family Business". Complex. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Sisavat, Monica (2016-08-16). "She's Starred in a Reality TV Show". POPSUGAR Celebrity UK. Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- Adams, Rebecca (December 12, 2013). "Sofia Richie, Nicole Richie's 15-Year-Old Sister, Is Officially A Model". Huffington Post. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Cicurel, Deborah (December 10, 2014). "Lionel Richie's daughter Sofia lands a modelling contract". Glamour.
- "Sofia Richie". IMDb. Retrieved 2019-09-17.
- "Nicole Richie's 17-Year-old Sister Sofia Feared NYFW Runway Debut". E! Online. Feb 12, 2016. Retrieved 2019-09-17.
- Cusumano, Katherine. "Lionel Richie Finally Saw Sofia Richie Walk a Runway at Jeremy Scott Spring 2018". Wmagazine.com.
- Nast, Condé. "Lily-Rose Depp and Sofia Richie Sparkled for Their Chanel Runway Debuts in Paris". Glamour. Retrieved 2019-09-17.
- Rodulfo, Kristina (February 1, 2017). "Sofia Richie and Jasmine "Golden Barbie" Sanders Star in DL1961's Spring 2017 Campaign". Elle. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Petrarca, Emilia (April 12, 2017). "Next-Gen Scions Anwar Hadid and Sofia Richie Model for Tommy Hilfiger's 90s-Inspired Campaign". W Magazine. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Hirschmiller, Stephanie (April 25, 2017). "Sofia Richie Stars in Foot Locker's Latest Adidas Originals Iniki Campaign in Tiny '70s Mini Skirt". Footwear News. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Kanter, Sharon (November 4, 2016). "Lionel Richie's Advice to 18-Year-Old Daughter Sofia Richie on Modeling: 'Surrender to the Moment'". People. Retrieved June 23, 2017.
- Medina, Marcy; Medina, Marcy (2016-10-12). "Sofia Richie Fronts First Celebrity Campaign for U.K. Fast-Fashion E-Tailer PrettyLittleThing". WWD. Retrieved 2019-09-17.
- "Sofia Richie - TINGS Magazine August 2017 Photos". CelebMafia. 2019-07-26. Retrieved 2020-01-18.
- "Snapshot: Sofia Richie for Seventeen August 2016 – Fashion Bomb Daily Style Magazine: Celebrity Fashion, Fashion News, What To Wear, Runway Show Reviews". fashionbombdaily.com. Retrieved 2020-01-18.
- Pasquini, Maria (2016-11-30). "Sofia Richie Is Just Getting Started". Galore. Retrieved 2020-01-18.
- "Sofia Richie on Instagram: "Wow thank you so much @remixmagazine and @dennisleupold I love you, you're amazing 🙌🏽"". Instagram. Retrieved 2019-09-18.
- Tatler. "Sofia Richie is our April issue cover star". Tatler. Retrieved 2019-03-20.
- Klein, Alyssa Vingan. "Sofia Richie Covers the First-Ever Issue of 'Popular' Magazine". Fashionista. Retrieved 2019-03-20.
- "Sofia Richie - Model". MODELS.com. Retrieved 2019-03-20.
- Baxter-Wright, Dusty (2020-03-03). "Sofia Richie opens up about Kourtney Kardashian relationship". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- Bailey, Alyssa (2020-03-02). "Sofia Richie Thinks Her and Scott Disick's 15-Year Age Gap is 'Great'". ELLE. Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- "Sofia Richie Rocks Tie-Dye in Frankies Bikinis Collaboration". Fashion Gone Rogue. 2019-07-04. Retrieved 2019-09-17.
- Konecky, Perri (2019-06-19). "Sofia Richie's New Bikini Collection Puts a Supersexy Spin on the Tie-Dye Trend". POPSUGAR Fashion UK. Retrieved 2019-09-17.
- "Sofia Richie x Missguided Collection Is Releasing On Tuesday". Dankanator. 2019-09-15. Retrieved 2019-09-17.
- Steiber, Mia (2019-09-16). "When you can buy the Sofia Richie x Missguided collection 2019 | Finder". finder.com.au. Retrieved 2019-09-17.
- "Rolla's x Sofia Richie | Rolla's Jeans". rollasjeans.com. Retrieved 2020-02-22.
- "Sofia Richie Kisses Her 'Love' Scott Disick at Her Denim Launch Party". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2020-02-22.
- "Sofia Richie preparing to release bikini line – Cover Media – Leading Global Entertainment News & Lifestyle Agency". Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- Unwerth, Ellen Von (2020-03-02). "Cosmo Cover Star Sofia Richie Knows You're Watching—and She Has You Right Where She Wants You". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- "Sofia Richie preparing to release bikini line". sg.news.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2020-03-14.
- "Sofia Richie (@sofiarichie) • Instagram photos and videos". www.instagram.com. Retrieved 2019-09-18.
- "Sofia Richie on Instagram: "Sitting pretty in @lulus #lovelulus #ad"". Instagram. Retrieved 2019-09-18.
- "Sofia Richie on Instagram". Instagram. Retrieved 2019-09-18.
- "Sofia Richie on Instagram: "For a fresh skin day I always go to my @nipandfab Glycolic Liquid Glow 💕"". Instagram. Retrieved 2019-09-18.
- "Sofia Richie on Instagram: "When @cheetos meets fashion at the House of Flamin' Haute #cheetosflaminhaute #ad"". Instagram. Retrieved 2019-09-18.