Sofia Alexandera Richie (born August 24, 1998) is an American social media personality, model, and fashion designer. She has been featured in campaigns by a number of major brands including Tommy Hilfiger, Michael Kors, and Miminipi. She is the youngest daughter of singer Lionel Richie and adoptive half-sister of television personality Nicole Richie.
Sofia Alexandera Richie
August 24, 1998
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Agency||Select Model Management (London)|
Sofia Richie was born in Los Angeles, California to parents Lionel Richie and his second wife Diane Alexander. She is the younger sister of Nicole Richie and Miles Richie. Sofia Richie's godfather was singer Michael Jackson. She reported that the visits to Jackson's Neverland Ranch were some of her favorite memories as a child, and she became close friends with his daughter, Paris.
Richie grew up with an affinity for music like her father. She learned to sing at age five and play the piano at age seven. She made occasional appearances at her father's shows and took vocal lessons from vocal coach, Tim Carter, when she was 14, as well. She also worked in the studio with her brother-in-law (and Good Charlotte lead vocalist) Joel Madden. She decided to move away from a music career, however, because of the pressure of living up to her father's stature in the music industry. She made several appearances in her sister Nicole's reality television series Candidly Nicole in 2014.
Richie spent some time at Oaks Christian School—nicknamed "Celebrity High"—before being educated at home for several years while her father was on tour. She played soccer until age 16 when she broke her hip in a Segway accident.
Richie began modeling at age 14 with a feature in Teen Vogue and at 15 she got her first fashion contract with Los Angeles-based swimwear company Mary Grace Swim. The next year, Richie signed with London-based modeling agency Select Model Management. In 2014, Richie was featured on Who What Wear and NationAlist Magazine, and teamed up with Teen Vogue and Olay for that year's "Fresh to School" online campaign. In early 2015, she appeared in editorials for Elle Girl, Nylon, Dazed, Fault, Unleash'd and Love Culture.
She made her runway debut in February 2016 at the American Heart Association's Go Red For Women Red Dress Collection fashion show during New York Fashion Week. Richie has since walked the runway for Chanel, Jeremy Scott, Philipp Plein, Kanye West's Yeezy line, Samantha Thavasa and Dolce & Gabbana. Richie has featured in advertising campaigns for a number of brands including DL1961, Madonna's Material Girl line, Adidas, Michael Kors, PrettyLittleThing and Tommy Hilfiger. She has appeared in editorials for Tings, Elle, Seventeen and Vanity Fair. Richie has graced the covers of numerous international fashion magazines, including US' Complex and Billboard magazine's style issue, Sweets! Magazine, Manifesto, Galore, Remix, Dujour and Es Magazine; UK's Tatler and Asos Magazine; Japan's Vogue and Popular; and Singapore's L'Officiel. She appeared on the cover of US Cosmopolitan's April 2020 issue and UK Cosmopolitan's July 2020 issue.
Fashion design careerEdit
Richie teamed up with Frankie's Bikinis to launch a colorful swimwear collection, released on July 8, 2019. The collection included tie-dye bathing suits, neon colors and bright florals. Richie designed a clothing collection called "Sofia Richie x Missguided" for UK-based retailer Missguided, which was released on September 17, 2019. The 60-piece collection included tailored pieces, mini dresses and classic coordinating sets, and all the items were priced between $20 to $100. In February 2020, she released a collaboration titled "Rolla's x Sofia Richie" with denim brand Rolla Jeans.
In March 2020, she announced her plans to launch a line of swimwear later that year. Richie wants to eventually expand her collection into a fashion line and launch a beauty company focusing on hair and body. In May 2021, Richie teamed up with her sister Nicole's lifestyle brand House of Harlow 1960 and launched a clothing collection Sofia Richie x House of Harlow 1960. It was a 57-piece line sold at Revolve's online store.
Richie endorses products such as beauty and wellness on Instagram. She has partnered with fashion brand Lulus, Suspicious Antwerp clothes, Nip + Fab skincare products and Cheetos snacks.
Richie began dating television personality Scott Disick in May 2017. The couple confirmed their relationship in September 2017. Disick is 15 years older than Richie, for which they received criticism. Disick and Richie often vacation alongside Disick's ex, Kourtney Kardashian, and Disick's children. The couple briefly split in May 2020, but remained in touch throughout their breakup and reconciled in July 2020. In August 2020, Disick chose to end the relationship for good, stating he is at a different place in his life than Richie.
|2014||Candidly Nicole||Herself||3 episodes|
|2016||Red, White and Bootsy||TV movie|
|2019||Flip It Like Disick||Episode: "The Race to Finish"|
|Keeping Up with the Kardashians||Episode: "Three's Company"|
- Craig, David Cobb (September 14, 1998). "Passages". People. Archived from the original on September 20, 2016. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Minton, Melissa. "Sofia Richie Announces Missguided Fast Fashion Collection". Page Six.
- "Sofia Richie | Wonderland Magazine". Wonderland. December 20, 2016. Retrieved January 18, 2020.
- Girl, Galore (September 15, 2015). "It's Only The Beginning For Sofia Richie: The It-Girl Takes On Fashion Icon". Galore. Retrieved January 18, 2020.
- Lipworth, Elaine (March 23, 2017). "Sofia Richie: say hello to Lionel's daughter". Evening Standard. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Martins, Chris (September 8, 2016). "Billboard Style Issue: Sofia Richie on Lessons Learned From Her Famous Father (Yes, Lionel) & Her 'Special Relationship' With Justin Bieber". Billboard. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Keltner de Valle, Jane (November 1, 2012). "Meet Nicole Richie's Little Sister Sofia". Teen Vogue. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Haithcoat, Rebecca (December 2016). "Family Business". Complex. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Sisavat, Monica (August 16, 2016). "She's Starred in a Reality TV Show". POPSUGAR Celebrity UK. Retrieved March 14, 2020.
- Adams, Rebecca (December 12, 2013). "Sofia Richie, Nicole Richie's 15-Year-Old Sister, Is Officially A Model". Huffington Post. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Cicurel, Deborah (December 10, 2014). "Lionel Richie's daughter Sofia lands a modelling contract". Glamour.
- "Sofia Richie". IMDb. Retrieved September 17, 2019.
- "Nicole Richie's 17-Year-old Sister Sofia Feared NYFW Runway Debut". E! Online. February 12, 2016. Retrieved September 17, 2019.
- Cusumano, Katherine. "Lionel Richie Finally Saw Sofia Richie Walk a Runway at Jeremy Scott Spring 2018". Wmagazine.com.
- Nast, Condé. "Lily-Rose Depp and Sofia Richie Sparkled for Their Chanel Runway Debuts in Paris". Glamour. Retrieved September 17, 2019.
- Rodulfo, Kristina (February 1, 2017). "Sofia Richie and Jasmine "Golden Barbie" Sanders Star in DL1961's Spring 2017 Campaign". Elle. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Hirschmiller, Stephanie (April 25, 2017). "Sofia Richie Stars in Foot Locker's Latest Adidas Originals Iniki Campaign in Tiny '70s Mini Skirt". Footwear News. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Kanter, Sharon (November 4, 2016). "Lionel Richie's Advice to 18-Year-Old Daughter Sofia Richie on Modeling: 'Surrender to the Moment'". People. Retrieved June 23, 2017.
- Medina, Marcy (October 12, 2016). "Sofia Richie Fronts First Celebrity Campaign for U.K. Fast-Fashion E-Tailer PrettyLittleThing". WWD. Retrieved September 17, 2019.
- Petrarca, Emilia (April 12, 2017). "Next-Gen Scions Anwar Hadid and Sofia Richie Model for Tommy Hilfiger's 90s-Inspired Campaign". W Magazine. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- "Sofia Richie - TINGS Magazine August 2017 Photos". CelebMafia. July 26, 2019. Retrieved January 18, 2020.
- "Snapshot: Sofia Richie for Seventeen August 2016 – Fashion Bomb Daily Style Magazine: Celebrity Fashion, Fashion News, What To Wear, Runway Show Reviews". fashionbombdaily.com. Retrieved January 18, 2020.
- Pasquini, Maria (November 30, 2016). "Sofia Richie Is Just Getting Started". Galore. Retrieved January 18, 2020.
- "Sofia Richie on Instagram: "Wow thank you so much @remixmagazine and @dennisleupold I love you, you're amazing 🙌🏽"". Instagram. Retrieved September 18, 2019.
- Tatler. "Sofia Richie is our April issue cover star". Tatler. Retrieved March 20, 2019.
- Klein, Alyssa Vingan. "Sofia Richie Covers the First-Ever Issue of 'Popular' Magazine". Fashionista. Retrieved March 20, 2019.
- "Sofia Richie - Model". MODELS.com. Retrieved March 20, 2019.
- Baxter-Wright, Dusty (March 3, 2020). "Sofia Richie opens up about Kourtney Kardashian relationship". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved March 14, 2020.
- Bailey, Alyssa (March 2, 2020). "Sofia Richie Thinks Her and Scott Disick's 15-Year Age Gap is 'Great'". ELLE. Retrieved March 14, 2020.
- "@sofiarichie shared a photo on Instagram: "UK Cosmo🤍 @cosmopolitanuk" • Jun 25, 2020 at 2:16pm UTC". Instagram. Retrieved July 12, 2020.
- "Sofia Richie Rocks Tie-Dye in Frankies Bikinis Collaboration". Fashion Gone Rogue. July 4, 2019. Retrieved September 17, 2019.
- Konecky, Perri (June 19, 2019). "Sofia Richie's New Bikini Collection Puts a Supersexy Spin on the Tie-Dye Trend". POPSUGAR Fashion UK. Retrieved September 17, 2019.
- "Sofia Richie x Missguided Collection Is Releasing On Tuesday". Dankanator. September 15, 2019. Retrieved September 17, 2019.
- Steiber, Mia (September 16, 2019). "When you can buy the Sofia Richie x Missguided collection 2019 | Finder". finder.com.au. Retrieved September 17, 2019.
- "Rolla's x Sofia Richie | Rolla's Jeans". rollasjeans.com. Retrieved February 22, 2020.
- "Sofia Richie Kisses Her 'Love' Scott Disick at Her Denim Launch Party". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved February 22, 2020.
- "Sofia Richie preparing to release bikini line – Cover Media – Leading Global Entertainment News & Lifestyle Agency". Retrieved March 14, 2020.
- Unwerth, Ellen Von (March 2, 2020). "Cosmo Cover Star Sofia Richie Knows You're Watching—and She Has You Right Where She Wants You". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved March 14, 2020.
- "Sofia Richie preparing to release bikini line". sg.news.yahoo.com. Retrieved March 14, 2020.
- Payer, Allyson. "Nicole and Sofia Richie Designed the Chicest Summer Clothes for Revolve". Who What Wear UK. Retrieved June 8, 2021.
- Cockett, Sophie. "Sofia & Nicole Richie on their first-ever fashion collab, staying sane during COVID and their evolving personal styles". Glamour UK. Retrieved June 8, 2021.
- "Sofia Richie on Instagram: "Sitting pretty in @lulus #lovelulus #ad"". Instagram. Retrieved September 18, 2019.
- "Sofia Richie on Instagram". Instagram. Retrieved September 18, 2019.
- "Sofia Richie on Instagram: "For a fresh skin day I always go to my @nipandfab Glycolic Liquid Glow 💕"". Instagram. Retrieved September 18, 2019.
- "Sofia Richie on Instagram: "When @cheetos meets fashion at the House of Flamin' Haute #cheetosflaminhaute #ad"". Instagram. Retrieved September 18, 2019.
- Reslen, Eileen (February 7, 2019). "Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick show people how to co-parent". Page Six. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- Caporimo, Alison; Fuentes, Tamara; Twersky, Carolyn (March 30, 2020). "Here's a Complete Timeline of Scott Disick and Sofia Richie's Relationship". Seventeen. Retrieved March 31, 2020.
- Harmata, Claudia. "Sofia Richie Says Her Approach to Scott Disick's Ex Kourtney Kardashian Is Just to 'Be Nice'". People. Retrieved March 31, 2020.
- Romero, Ariana. "KUWTK Finally Took Us Deep Inside Scott Disick & Sofia Richie's Relationship". Refinery29. Retrieved March 31, 2020.
- Cohen, Jess (July 6, 2020). "Scott Disick and Sofia Richie Reunite One Month After Their Breakup". E! News. Retrieved July 25, 2020.
- "Scott Disick and Sofia Richie Are "No Longer Speaking" After Official Breakup". E! Online. August 19, 2020. Retrieved August 21, 2020.