Sofia Richie (born August 24, 1998) is an American model. She has been featured in campaigns by a number of major brands including Tommy Hilfiger, Michael Kors and Chanel. She is the younger daughter of singer and songwriter Lionel Richie and adoptive sister to fashion designer and television personality Nicole Richie.
Richie in February 2017
|Parent(s)||Lionel Richie |
|Relatives||Nicole Richie (adoptive sister), Miles Brockman Richie|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Agency||Select Model Management (London)|
Sofia Richie was born in Los Angeles, California to parents Lionel Richie and his second wife Diane Alexander. She is the younger sister of Nicole Richie (who was adopted) and the biological sister of Miles Richie. Sofia Richie's godfather was Michael Jackson. She reported that the visits to Jackson's Neverland Ranch were some of her favorite memories as a child, and she became close friends with his daughter, Paris.
Richie grew up with an affinity for music like her father. She learned to sing at age 5 and play the piano at age 7. She made occasional appearances at her father's shows and took vocal lessons from Beyonce's vocal coach, Tim Carter, when she was 14, as well. She also worked in the studio with her brother-in-law (and Good Charlotte lead vocalist) Joel Madden. She decided to move away from a music career, however, because of the pressure of living up to her father's stature in the music industry.
Richie spent some time at Oaks Christian School—nicknamed "Celebrity High"—before being educated at home for several years while her father was on tour. She played soccer until age 16 when she broke her hip in a Segway accident.
Richie began modeling at age 14 with a feature in Teen Vogue and at 15 she got her first fashion contract with Los Angeles-based swimwear company Mary Grace Swim. The next year, Richie signed with London-based modeling agency Select Model Management.
Richie has featured in advertising campaigns for a number of brands including DL1961, Madonna's Material Girl line, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Adidas, Michael Kors, and Tommy Hilfiger. She has done photoshoots for Elle and Vanity Fair and has recently appeared on the cover of Complex and Billboard magazine's style issue. Richie has graced the covers of numerous international fashion magazines, including US' Sweets! Magazine, Manifesto, Dujour and Es Magazine; UK's Tatler and Asos Magazine; Japan's Vogue and Popular; and Singapore's L'Officiel.
|2014||Candidly Nicole||Herself||3 episodes|
|2016||Red, White and Bootsy||Herself||TV movie|
- Craig, David Cobb (September 14, 1998). "Passages". People. Archived from the original on September 20, 2016. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Lipworth, Elaine (March 23, 2017). "Sofia Richie: say hello to Lionel's daughter". Evening Standard. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Martins, Chris (September 8, 2016). "Billboard Style Issue: Sofia Richie on Lessons Learned From Her Famous Father (Yes, Lionel) & Her 'Special Relationship' With Justin Bieber". Billboard. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Keltner de Valle, Jane (November 1, 2012). "Meet Nicole Richie's Little Sister Sofia". Teen Vogue. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Haithcoat, Rebecca (December 2016). "Family Business". Complex. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Adams, Rebecca (December 12, 2013). "Sofia Richie, Nicole Richie's 15-Year-Old Sister, Is Officially A Model". Huffington Post. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Cicurel, Deborah (December 10, 2014). "Lionel Richie's daughter Sofia lands a modelling contract". Glamour.
- Rodulfo, Kristina (February 1, 2017). "Sofia Richie and Jasmine "Golden Barbie" Sanders Star in DL1961's Spring 2017 Campaign". Elle. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Petrarca, Emilia (April 12, 2017). "Next-Gen Scions Anwar Hadid and Sofia Richie Model for Tommy Hilfiger's 90s-Inspired Campaign". W Magazine. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Hirschmiller, Stephanie (April 25, 2017). "Sofia Richie Stars in Foot Locker's Latest Adidas Originals Iniki Campaign in Tiny '70s Mini Skirt". Footwear News. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Kanter, Sharon (November 4, 2016). "Lionel Richie's Advice to 18-Year-Old Daughter Sofia Richie on Modeling: 'Surrender to the Moment'". People. Retrieved June 23, 2017.
- Tatler. "Sofia Richie is our April issue cover star". Tatler. Retrieved 2019-03-20.
- Klein, Alyssa Vingan. "Sofia Richie Covers the First-Ever Issue of 'Popular' Magazine". Fashionista. Retrieved 2019-03-20.
- "Sofia Richie - Model". MODELS.com. Retrieved 2019-03-20.
- Reslen, Eileen (2019-02-07). "Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick show people how to co-parent". Page Six. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
- Caporimo, Alison; Fuentes, Tamara (2019-03-11). "Sofia Richie Had the Most Epic Response To A Fan Who Told Her To "Leave Scott Alone"". Seventeen. Retrieved 2019-03-20.