DL1961 is a global premium denim brand that is carried in hundreds of stores. The brand was founded in 2008 using XFIT LYCRA, a fabric it has patented. XFIT is a cotton-wrapped Lycra thread intertwined with polyester made by DL parent company ADM Denim, which was founded by Faisal and Meliha Ahmed. The company uses an eco-friendly manufacturing process that it introduced in 2013 to use less water, waste, and dye. The brand has a maternity line.
|Founder||Faisal & Maliha Ahmed|
|Zahra Ahmed (CEO)|
According to Vogue journalist, Liana Satenstein, DL1961 is "known for its jumpsuits and easygoing styles". Chicago Tribune journalist Alexia Elejalde-Ruiz says the brand is known for its "four-way stretch, designed to be slimming and to prevent sagging". Glamour journalist Fawnia Soo Hoo described the brand as "The high-tech, eco-chic jean".
- Dunn, Laura (April 15, 2015). "Women in Business Q&A: Sarah Ahmed, Creative Director, DL1961 Premium Denim". The Huffington Post. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- "XFIT LYCRA® Fabrics Featured in DL1961's First Fashion Week Runway Show in New York City". Businesswire. September 5, 2012. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- "DL1961 Premium Denim And Fashion Specialty Retailer Nordstrom Partner For Digital Denim Kiosk". PR Newswire. December 18, 2014. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- Haber, Holly (May 29, 2012). "DL1961 in Bag Snob Collaboration". Women's Wear Daily. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- Kirkpatrick, Emily (October 13, 2016). "Jessica Alba's First Collection for DL1961 Is Now on Revolve". People. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- Hoo, Fawnia Soo (August 13, 2013). "Your Guide to Fall Denim: From Waxed Jeans to Baseball Caps, It's All Right Here, Straight From the Pros". Glamour. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- Magsaysay, Melissa (September 29, 2011). "Stars like Kaley Cuoco, Brian Austin Green try on jean designs". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- "DL1961 Premium Denim". Good Companies. Retrieved 2019-12-09.
- Greenstein, Tracey (2019-06-05). "Sustainable Denim Brand DL1961 Appoints New CEO". WWD. Retrieved 2019-12-09.
- Carter, Felicity (2019-07-29). "Get To Know The Menswear Denim Trends According To Leading Brand, DL1961". Forbes. Archived from the original on 2019-07-30. Retrieved 2019-10-29.
- Satenstein, Liana (August 3, 2017). "Emily Ratajkowski, the New Face of DL1961, Loves Vintage Denim and Hates Tight Jeans". Vogue. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- Elejalde-Ruiz, Alexia (December 30, 2014). "Digital denim kiosk helps drive sales for jeans brand DL1961". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved September 7, 2017.