Shyam Singh Yadav
Shyam Singh Yadav (born 31 March 1954) is an Indian politician and a Member of Parliament in the 17th Lok Sabha from Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh. He is a member of Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) and the leader of the party in the Lok Sabha. He is the chairperson of the Parliamentary Committee on Papers laid on the Table since 2019. He is also the member of Parliamentary Standing Committee on Coal and Steel; Parliamentary Joint Committee on Offices of Profit; member of Parliamentary General Purposes Committee (Lok Sabha) and member of Parliamentary Consultative Committee of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. He is also a former PCS officer.
Shyam Singh Yadav
|Leader of the Bahujan Samaj Party in the Lok Sabha|
|Assumed office |
|Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha|
|Assumed office |
23 May 2019
|Preceded by||Krishna Pratap|
|Born||31 March 1954|
Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Political party||Bahujan Samaj Party|
|Residence||Ranipatti, Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Alma mater||Allahabad University |
Yadav has represented India in international shooting events and has also coached the Indian shooting team at the Beijing Olympic Games 2008 and Melbourne Commonwealth Games 2006.
Yadav was born on 31 March 1954 to father Uma Shankar Singh Yadav and mother Indrawati Yadav in Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh. He achieved his Bachelor of Science, Master of Science (1976) and LLB (1979) degrees from Allahabad University. He married Pushpa Yadav on 11 March 1986, with whom he has a son and a daughter. He is an advocate and agriculturalist by profession. He lives in Ranipatti village in Mariahu.
Yadav held various posts as a civil servant.
As a former civil servant, Yadav has worked in various capacities, including sub-divisional magistrate, municipal commissioner, special secretary and vice-chairman of different development authorities. 
Yadav is also an ace shooter. He has participated in a number of shooting competitions at both national and international level. He was the Indian coach of rifle shooting and has also coached Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore.He coached the Indian shooting team at the Beijing Olympic Games 2008 and Melbourne Commonwealth Games 2006. Yadav is the President of Uttar Pradesh State Rifle Association and the Vice President of Uttar Pradesh Olympic Association. He has also been the Treasurer of the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI). Was a member of Advisory Board of Censor Board in Mumbai from 2016-2019.
Awards and achievementsEdit
- Laxman Awardee U.P. Government 2000
- "Shyam Singh Yadav(Bahujan Samaj Party(BSP)):Constituency- JAUNPUR(UTTAR PRADESH) - Affidavit Information of Candidate". www.myneta.info. Retrieved 31 May 2019.
- "Jaunpur Election Results 2019: BSP's Shyam Singh Yadav seals victory by a margin of 80936 votes". Times Now. 23 May 2019. Retrieved 24 May 2019.
- "In a first, BSP appoints a Yadav as leader of party in Lok Sabha". The Indian Express. 7 August 2019. Retrieved 8 August 2019.
- "Shyam Singh Yadav: Shyam Singh Yadav BSP from JAUNPUR in Lok Sabha Elections | Shyam Singh Yadav News, images and videos". The Economic Times. Retrieved 31 May 2019.
- "Members : Lok Sabha". loksabhaph.nic.in. Retrieved 18 September 2020.
- "Shyam Singh Yadav - Retired PCS Officer". 16 May 2019. Retrieved 18 September 2020.
- Faridi, Mohd Rafatuddin. "भाजपा के मंत्री राज्यवर्धन सिंह राठौर के पूर्व कोच को BSP ने इस सीट से दिया टिकट". Patrika (in Hindi). Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- "Lok Sabha Elections 2019: Apolitical candidates who took political plunge for change". 16 May 2019.
- "Shyam Singh Yadav v. State of U.P.And Others | Writ Petition No. 1681(S/B) of 2008 | Judgment | Law | CaseMine".
- "Allahabad HC stays coach Yadav's transfer | Lucknow News - Times of India".
- "The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Sport".
- "Laxman Award / Rani Laxmi Bai Award". upsports.gov.in. Retrieved 31 May 2019.
Krishna Pratap Singh
| Member of Parliament
2019 – Present
|Party political offices|
Kunwar Danish Ali
| Leader of the Bahujan Samaj Party
in the Lok Sabha
8 August 2019 – Present