Kunwar Danish Ali
Kunwar Danish Ali
|Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha|
|Assumed office |
23 May 2019
|Preceded by||Kanwar Singh Tanwar|
|Born||April 10, 1975|
Hapur, Uttar Pradesh
|Political party||Bahujan Samaj Party|
Janata Dal (Secular)
|Residence||Hapur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Alma mater||Jamia Millia Islamia|
|Net worth||₹130.32 million (US$1.8 million)|
Ali was born to Kunwar Jafar Ali and Nafees Jafar on 10 April 1975 in Hapur. He graduated from Jamia Millia Islamia University in New Delhi. On 15 January 2005, Ali married Zubia Danish, with whom he has a son and two daughters.
Ali started his political career with Janata Dal (Secular) and went on to become the general secretary of the party. On 16 March 2019, he joined Bahujan Samaj Party with the consent of Janata Dal (Secular) leader and Karnataka chief minister H.D. Kumaraswamy. Six days later, Bahujan Samaj Party announced that Ali would contest the upcoming 2019 Indian general election from Amroha constituency. On 23 May, he was elected to the Lok Sabha after defeating Kanwar Singh Tanwar of the Bharatiya Janata Party, his nearest rival by a margin of nearly 63,000 votes. Ali was polled 601,082 votes.
- "Kunwar Danish Ali(Bahujan Samaj Party(BSP)):Constituency- AMROHA(UTTAR PRADESH) - Affidavit Information of Candidate". myneta.info. Retrieved 24 June 2019.
- "Members : Lok Sabha". 126.96.36.199. Retrieved 14 November 2019.
- "JD-S Leader Danish Ali joins Mayawati's BSP After Seeking 'Consent' From Kumaraswamy". News18. 16 March 2019. Retrieved 24 May 2019.
- Rashid, Omar (22 March 2019). "BSP fields ex-JD (S) leader Danish Ali in Amroha". The Hindu. Retrieved 24 May 2019.
- "Amroha". Results ECI. Archived from the original on 25 May 2019. Retrieved 24 May 2019.
Kanwar Singh Tanwar
| Member of Parliament
23 may 2019 – present
|Party political offices|
| Leader of the Bahujan Samaj Party
in the Lok Sabha
2019 – Present