Shipping Corporation of India
The Shipping Corporation of India (SCI) (BSE: 523598NSE: SCI) is a Government of India Public Sector Enterprise with its headquarters in Mumbai that operates and manages vessels that services both national and international lines.
public company (BSE: 523598NSE: SCI)
|Founded||Bombay, 2 October 1961|
|Headquarters||Corporate Centre, |
Madame Cama Road,
Mumbai 400,021 India
|Mrs H.K Joshi (Chairman and Managing Director)|
|Revenue||₹39,026.9 million (US$550 million)|
Number of employees
SCI was established on 2 October 1961 by the amalgamation of Eastern Shipping Corporation and Western Shipping Corporation. Two more shipping companies, Jayanti Shipping Company and Mogul Lines Limited, were merged with SCI in 1973 and 1986 respectively.
SCI was also awarded the prestigious "Navratna" status by Indian Government in 2008.
- Cruise liner and Passenger services
- Bulk carrier and tanker services
- Offshore services
- Indian Oil Corporation
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd.
- Steel Authority of India Ltd.
- Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Ltd.
- Reliance Industries Ltd.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
- British Petroleum
- Bharat Petroleum
- British Gas
- Tata tea
- Geological Survey of India
- Taj Cruises
- "BSE Plus". Bseindia.com. Retrieved 2 February 2011.
-  Archived 10 December 2008 at the Wayback Machine
-  Archived 15 December 2009 at the Wayback Machine