Shangrao (simplified Chinese: 上饶; traditional Chinese: 上饒; pinyin: Shàngráo) is a medium-sized prefecture-level city located in the northeast of Jiangxi province, People's Republic of China, bordering Anhui to the north, Zhejiang to the east, and Fujian to the south; the city's western reaches extend into Poyang Lake. Shangrao had a population of 327,703 in 2010 (6,579,714 for the whole prefecture).
Kuiwen Pagoda and Xinjiang River
Location of Shangrao City jurisdiction in Jiangxi
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Prefecture-level city||22,791 km2 (8,800 sq mi)|
|• Prefecture-level city||6,579,714|
|• Density||290/km2 (750/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
|ISO 3166 code||CN-JX-11|
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (May 2019)
Shangrao is a city of nearly 2000 years.
|Xinzhou District||信州区||Xìnzhōu Qū||339||416,219||1,228|
|Guangfeng District||广丰区||Guǎngfēng Qū||1,378||752,939||546|
|Guangxin District||广信区||Guǎngxìn qū||2,240||700,266||313|
|Yushan County||玉山县||Yùshān Xiàn||1,728||574,363||332|
|Yanshan County||铅山县||Yánshān Xiàn||2,178||427,000||196|
|Hengfeng County||横峰县||Héngfēng Xiàn||655||184,870||282|
|Yiyang County||弋阳县||Yìyáng Xiàn||1,593||353,378||222|
|Yugan County||余干县||Yúgān Xiàn||2,331||887,603||381|
|Poyang County||鄱阳县||Póyáng Xiàn||4,215||1,296,756||308|
|Wannian County||万年县||Wànnián Xiàn||1,141||359,098||315|
|Wuyuan County||婺源县||Wùyuán Xiàn||2,948||334,020||332|
- Shangrao Normal University (上饶师范学院) is located in Shangrao. It was originally named Shangrao Normal Junior College when it was founded in 1958, and changed its name to Gan Dong Bei University in 1959. It was closed down during the period of the Chinese Cultural Revolution. Authorized by the State Council, Shangrao Normal Junior College was restored in 1977. Then, with authorization of Ministry of Education and People's Government of Jiangxi Province, it changed its name to Shangrao Normal College in March 2000. Over the past 20 years, more than 26,000 students graduated from Shangrao Normal University, to work in various careers in China.
- "上饶市概况地图_行政区划网(区划地名网) www.xzqh.org". www.xzqh.org. Retrieved 2019-05-05.
- "China | Population: Census: Jiangxi: Shangrao | Economic Indicators". www.ceicdata.com. Retrieved 2019-05-05.
- 迎来首架航班 江西上饶三清山机场正式通航. Carnoc (in Chinese). 29 May 2017.
- sru.jx.cn: Shangrao Normal University (Chinese)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shangrao.|