Line 10 is a southwest–northeast line of the Shanghai Metro network. It officially opened for service on April 10, 2010. The line runs from Jilong Road to Hongqiao Railway Station, with a branch line from Longxi Road to Hangzhong Road. It has been given the unofficial nickname “Golden Line” as it links many of the city's tourist attractions like Yuyuan and Xintiandi. It connects the Hongqiao International Airport with the downtown core of Shanghai, and also the dense residential districts of Yangpu and Hongkou. It is the only line in the system with numbered station codes, and is colored lilac on system maps. It is the first high-density and high-volume fully automatic subway line in Mainland China, operating with GoA4 unattended train operation.
The first phase opened on 10 April 2010 and extended on 30 November 2010. The second phase of the line, a northern extension from Xinjiangwancheng to Jilong Road, which crosses underneath the Huangpu River and provide residents of northern Pudong with easier access to parts of Yangpu District and Hongkou District, opened on 26 December 2020.
|Shanghai Metro Line 10 opening history|
|Longxi Road — Xinjiangwancheng||10 April 2010||24.76 km (15.39 mi)||24||Phase 1 (first section)|
|Hangzhong Road — Longxi Road||4.84 km (3.01 mi)||3|
|Hongqiao Railway Station — Longxi Road||30 November 2010||5.8 km (3.60 mi)||4||Phase 1 (second section)|
|Xinjiangwancheng — Jilong Road||26 December 2020||6||Phase 2|
There have been a number accidents during the construction of Line 10 but none lead to reported deaths or major injuries. On April 20, 2007, a crane on the Songyuan Road construction site collapsed into a five-story building causing some external damage. On June 25, 2008, during tunnel boring between Liyang Road and Quyang Road, a blowout occurred letting water and sand enter the tunnel and create minor sinkholes nearby. On July 21, at the intersection of South Shaanxi Road and Nanchang Road Line 10 tunnel boring caused a sinkhole with a diameter of 1.8 meters and a depth of about 6 meters to appear. On May 18, 2009, a fire broke out on the construction site of Tongji University, covering an area of 100 square meters and burning down more than ten workers’ dormitories. No deaths were caused by this incident, as the workers were all evacuated in time. On January 6, 2010, a crane at Songyuan Road suddenly lost control during operation, causing a 5-meter-long boom to crash on the roofs of two construction vehicles.
|Shanghai Metro Line 10 service routes|
|●||●||●||L10/01||Hongqiao Railway Station||虹桥火车站||AOH||0.00||0.00||0||Minhang||30 Nov
|●||●||●||L10/02||Hongqiao Airport Terminal 2||虹桥2号航站楼||SHA||0.56||0.56||2|
|●||●||●||L10/03||Hongqiao Airport Terminal 1||虹桥1号航站楼||SHA||1.93||2.49||5|
|｜||●||L10/05-3||Hangzhong Road||航中路||1.03||5.48||0||Minhang||10 April
|●||●||●||L10/05||Longxi Road||龙溪路||1.27||10.32||10||Changning||10 April
|Underground Side & Island|
|●||●||●||L10/06||Shuicheng Road||水城路||1.27||11.59||13||Underground Island|
|●||●||●||L10/07||Yili Road||伊犁路||Hongbaoshi Road)[a](via||1.25||12.84||15|
|●||●||●||L10/08||Songyuan Road||宋园路||0.81||13.65||17||Underground Side|
|●||●||●||◒||L10/09||Hongqiao Road||虹桥路||0.99||14.64||19||Xuhui||Underground Island|
|●||●||●||◒||L10/12||South Shaanxi Road||陕西南路||1.54||18.63||26||Huangpu|
|●||●||●||L10/13||Site of the First CPC National Congress · Xintiandi||一大会址·新天地||1.68||20.31||29||Underground Side|
|●||●||●||◒||L10/16||East Nanjing Road||南京东路||1.17||23.69||36|
|●||●||●||L10/18||North Sichuan Road||四川北路||0.92||25.32||40||Hongkou||Underground Side|
|●||●||●||◒||L10/19||Hailun Road||海伦路||0.92||26.24||42||Underground Island|
|●||●||●||L10/20||Youdian Xincun||邮电新村||1.19||27.43||44||Underground Side|
|●||●||●||L10/22||Tongji University||同济大学||0.97||29.41||48||Yangpu||Underground Island|
|●||●||L10/27||East Yingao Road||殷高东路||1.00||34.13||58|
|●||●||L10/28||Xinjiangwancheng||新江湾城||0.79||34.92||60||Underground Double Island|
|●||L10/29||Guofan Road||国帆路||1.54||36.46||62||26 Dec
|●||L10/30||Shuangjiang Road||双江路||3.25||39.71||67||Pudong||Elevated Side|
- Hongqiao Railway Station - located within Hongqiao Railway Station, interchange with Lines 2 and 17.
- Hongqiao Airport Terminal 2 - located within Hongqiao International Airport, interchange with Line 2 (Shanghai Public Transport Card required).
- Shanghai Zoo - Located near the Shanghai Zoo in Changning District.
- South Shaanxi Road - Interchange with Lines 1 and 12.
- Site of the First CPC National Congress · Xintiandi - Located in the Xintiandi shopping area. Interchange with Line 13
- Laoximen - Interchange with Line 8.
- Yuyuan Garden - Located near the famous Yuyuan Garden.
- East Nanjing Road - Located under the pedestrianised Nanjing Road and close to The Bund. Interchange with Line 2.
- Tongji University station - Located near the Tongji University.
There are currently no expansion plans under consideration.
Station name changeEdit
- October 2006, Middle Henan Road was renamed as the East Nanjing Road (before line 10 began serving the station).
- On June 20, 2021, Xintiandi was renamed as the Site of the First CPC National Congress · Xintiandi.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (August 2021)
Line 10 is one of the first lines in China capable of automatic train operation. However, upon opening it was operated with drivers on board. In 2020, the line started transitioning into GoA4 unattended train operation with driver cabs being gradually removed for the entire Line 10 fleet.
Between December 2020 and January 2021, SATEE supplied its OptONIX and ONIX metro traction systems for 156 metro cars of Shanghai Line 10, with support from Xi'an Alstom Yongji Electric Equipment Co. Ltd (XAYEECO). It was also responsible for the train control monitoring system (TCMS) of Shanghai Line 10, and the line's train electrical design. During the same period, CASCO has successfully put into service its Urbalis 888 signalling solution on six of these metro lines in Chengdu and Shanghai.
|Shanghai Metro Line 10 rolling stock|
|41||Alstom Metropolis, Nanjing Puzhen Rolling Stock Co., Ltd. and Shanghai Electric||2009-2010||A||6||Tc+Mp+M+M+Mp+Tc||10A01|| Since December 26, 2020, operator cabs are being gradually removed from each train.|
|26||Nanjing Puzhen Rolling Stock Co., Ltd.||2017-2019||A||6||Tc+Mp+M+M+Mp+Tc||10A02|||
- Out-of-station virtual transfer to Line 10 at Hongbaoshi Road. This transfer will be counted as two separate journeys requiring two fares.
- Tc: Trailer with cab; Mp: EMU with pantograph; M: EMU without pantograph.
- 2019最后一天上海地铁运送客流【1303.35万人次】跨年夜延时加开63列次 (in Chinese). 上海地铁shmetro. 2020-01-02. Retrieved 2020-01-09.
- 10号线4月10日提前开通试运营. Shanghai Metro. Retrieved 9 April 2010.
- "组图：轨道交通10号线10日提前开通试运营_世博频道_腾讯网". 2010.qq.com.
- "Shanghai metro reaches Hongqiao Airport". Railway Gazette International. 2010-03-16.
- Chen Huizhi (2020-12-24). "World's largest subway system set to expand". Shine.cn. Retrieved 2020-12-24.
- 轨交十号线工地吊车倒塌_新闻中心_新浪网. news.sina.com.cn.
- 轨交10号线工地发生险情 未对沿线交通造成大影响-轨交—上海频道-东方网. sh.eastday.com.
- 陈文. 即时播报：轨交十号线同济大学站在建工地突发火灾(图). 2009-05-18.
- 地面塌陷吊车施工时失控. 东方早报. 2010-01-07
- 乘车指南 > Station信息. Shanghai Metro Official Site. Retrieved 2015-12-17. Instructions: 点击相应线路，选择Station，点击"站层图"可查看相应Station的站台结构。
- 轨道交通10号线主线段开通 虹桥火Station未来将实现五线换乘. Shanghai Metro Official Site. 2010-12-01.
- 轨交10号线4月10日开通试运营 暂不接通虹桥枢纽. 新民网. 2010-04-08. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04.
- Shanghai Metro (2020-12-26). "Phase 2 of Line 10 and Phase 1 (South Section) of Line 18 opens on December 26" 10号线二期、18号线一期南段12月26日起开通试运营. Shanghai Shentong Metro Group Co., Ltd. (in Chinese (China)).
- "卡斯柯-全方位的轨道交通控制系统集成商". www.casco.com.cn. Retrieved 2021-06-06.
- "上海地铁10号线列车驾驶室接连拆除，发生了什么？". sh.people.com.cn. Retrieved 2021-06-06.
- J_C_Y114. "【上海地铁】10号线无人值守，出发！_哔哩哔哩_bilibili". www.bilibili.com. Retrieved 2021-06-06.
- 上海十号线地铁列车. 中车南京浦镇车辆有限公司 (in Chinese). Retrieved 2020-03-20.
- "轨交10号线将增26列新车 仍为6节编组A型车_大申网_腾讯网". sh.qq.com. Retrieved 2021-06-06.