Seolleung Station is a Seoul Subway station that serves Line 2 and the Bundang Line. The station is named after the nearby Seonjeongneung, Joseon Dynasty royal tombs Seolleung (선릉, 宣陵) and Jeongneung (정릉, 靖陵).
|Location||143-42 Samseong 2-dong, |
340 Teherandaero Jiha,
|Operated by||Seoul Metro, Korail|
|Line(s)||Line 2 |
|December 23, 1982||Line 2 opened|
|September 3, 2003||Suin–Bundang Line opened|
|(Daily) Based on Jan-Dec of 2012.|
Line 2: 117,787
Bundang Line: 15,715
In 2011, retailer Home plus opened the world's first virtual supermarket in the station, where smartphone users can photograph the bar codes of life-size pictures, on the walls and platform screen doors, of 500 items of food, toiletries, electronics etc., for delivery within the same day.
In a survey conducted in 2011 by the Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs on 92 Administrative divisions across the country, it reported that Seolleung Station is the fourth-busiest public transit stop following Gangnam Station, Jamsil Station, Sadang Station; and followed by Sillim Station.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Seolleung Station.|
- "선릉역" (in Korean). Doosan Encyclopedia. Retrieved 2016-02-16. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "선릉역" (in Korean). 서울지명사전. Retrieved 2016-02-16. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Monthly Number of Passengers between Subway Stations Archived 2014-10-06 at the Wayback Machine. Korea Transportation Database, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- Murthy, Rishika (22 September 2011). "Seoul's 6 coolest subway stops". CNN Travel. Retrieved 26 February 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Strother, Jason (21 October 2011). "Shopping by phone at South Korea's virtual grocery". BBC News. Retrieved 3 April 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Gangnam Busiest Subway Station in Korea". Chosun Ilbo. 23 April 2012. Retrieved 25 April 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)