Samseong Station is a station on Seoul Subway Line 2. It serves the eastern area of Teheranno. Some of the more famous buildings near the station include World Trade Center Seoul, COEX Mall, Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) headquarters, Korea Air City Terminal (buses run from here to Incheon and Gimpo Airports, and vice versa), and Gangnam main police and fire stations. Due to security concerns, the station was closed during the G20 summit and the 2012 Nuclear Security Summit, as this station is directly connected with COEX.
|Location||172-66 Samseong 1-dong, |
538 Teherandaero Jiha,
|Operated by||Seoul Metro|
|Opened||December 23, 1982|
|(Daily) Based on Jan-Dec of 2012.|
Line 2: 137,927
The ridership of this station is very high, consistently ranking among the five most heavily used subway stations in Korea. The table below shows the average daily ridership between 2010 and 2012.
The 836-meter (914-yard) section of sidewalk along Yeongdong Boulevard from exit No.5 of this station, outside COEX Convention & Exhibition Center and ASEM Tower is designated as a smoke-free zone by the Seoul Metropolitan Government.
|Lobby||Customer Service, Shops, Vending machines, ATMs|
|Inner loop||← Line 2 toward Chungjeongno (Seolleung)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Outer loop||→ Line 2 toward City Hall (Sports Complex) →|
- Exit 1: Gangnam Police Station, Park Hyatt Hotel
- Exit 2: Russian Embassy of Korea
- Exit 3: Hwimoon Middle & High Schools
- Exit 4: POSCO Center, Daemyeong Middle School
- Exit 5: Korea Air City Terminal, Hyundai Department Store, InterContinental Hotel Grand Seoul Parnas
- Exit 6: COEX Mall (direct passageway), World Trade Center Seoul
- Exit 7: KEPCO Headquarters
- Exit 8: Gangnam Fire Station
- "삼성역" (in Korean). Doosan Encyclopedia. Retrieved 2016-02-08. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Monthly Number of Passengers between Subway Stations Archived 2014-10-06 at the Wayback Machine. Korea Transportation Database, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- Kwon, Sang-soo (12 September 2012). "City designates area by COEX as smoke-free". Joongang Daily. Archived from the original on 9 December 2012. Retrieved 5 October 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Samseong Station (Seoul).|