Sawai Madhopur district
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sawai Madhopur District is a district of Rajasthan state in North-Western India. Sawai Madhopur is the chief town and district headquarters.Sawai Madhopur District comes under Bharatpur Divisional Commissionerate.
Sawai Madhopur district
Location of Sawai Madhopur district in Rajasthan
|• District collector||K C Verma|
|• Total||4,498 km2 (1,737 sq mi)|
|• Sex ratio||897|
|Time zone||UTC+05:30 (IST)|
Sawai Madhopur District has an area of 4498 km². It is bounded by Dausa District on the north, Karauli District on the northeast, Jaipur District on the northwest, the Chambal River on east across the border of Madhya Pradesh state, Kota District on the southeast, Bundi District on the south, and Tonk District on the west.
|Chauth Ka Barwara||3||24||64|
Sawai Madhopur District Court was established on 1977. Shri O.P. Jain took over the charge of first Sawai Madhopur District & Session Court judge. Presently Sh. Ajai kumar ojha is the District & Sessions Judge of Sawai Madhopur. There are 10 judges in the Sawai Madhopur District Court.
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Sawai Madhopur one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 12 districts in Rajasthan currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
According to the 2011 census Sawai Madhopur district has a population of 1,335,551, roughly equal to the nation of Mauritius or the US state of Maine. This gives it a ranking of 362nd in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 297 inhabitants per square kilometre (770/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 19.79%. Sawai Madhopur has a sex ratio of 894 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 66.19%.
The District is Dominant by Meena community and Gurjars are also in sizeable number. and as per the census of india 2011, Meenas population is 2.85 lakh and Gurjars are 2.15 lac, these both caste play key role in lok sabha election, in Tonk-sawai madhopur loksabha Meena voters are 3 lakh, Muslims 2.85 lakh, Grujars 1.75 lakh, 2.5 lakh General and 3 lakh Sc.
Fairs and festivalsEdit
Ganesh Chaturthi FairEdit
Ganesh Chaturthi Fair is the largest fair of Sawai Madhopur. It is organised on Bhadav Shukla Chaturthi at Ganesh Temple, Ranthambhore Fort. People of Rajasthan and outside Rajasthan visit for this fair. Every year 3-4 lacs devotees participates in this fair. This fair is organised for three days.
Chauth Mata FairEdit
Chauth Mata Temple is about 25 km from the Sawai Madhopur city in Chauth Ka Barawara town. This fair is organised on Magh Krishna Chaturthi. Lacs of people around Rajasthan and other states visit here for this Fair.
Shiv Ratri FairEdit
The Ghushmeshwar Mahadev temple is located 3 km from Isarda Railway Station in Kota-Jaipur on the train route to Shiwar Town, at 100 km from Jaipur and 40 km from Sawai Madhopur in Rajasthan, India, near Ranthambore National Park. Annual fair is organised near the temple during Shiv Ratri.
The Rameshwaram Temple is 60 km from Sawai Madhopur on the confluence of Banas and Chambal River. It has a Shiva temple where a fair is held annually on Shiv Ratri. Lakhs of people Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh visit here for this Fair.
Every year besakh shukla puranmasi this fair is organised at Gangapur City. This fair is organised for Seven days. Thousands of people join this fair.
- "Name Census 2011, Rajasthan data". censusindia.gov.in. 2012. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- "History". rajasthan govt. 2012. Archived from the original on 20 May 2013. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- "Official website of district sawai madhopur> Administrative setup". sawaimadhopur.nic.in. Archived from the original on 20 May 2013.
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (8 September 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme" (PDF). National Institute of Rural Development. Archived from the original (PDF) on 5 April 2012. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- Decadal Variation In Population Since 1901
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 1 October 2011.
Mauritius 1,303,717 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- 2011 Census of India, Population By Mother Tongue
- "शिवाड़ में महाशिवरात्रि मेला कल से, बिजली की रोशनी से नहाया मंदिर".
- "शिवजी ने यहां तोड़ा था गजनवी का गुरूर, जल में करते हैं अखंड निवास".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sawai Madhopur district.|