Sarigamapadani is a 1994 Tamil romantic drama film directed by R. Parthiepan. The film features R. Parthiepan, Roja and Sangita Madhavan Nair in the lead roles, with Vijayakumar, Manorama, Vinu Chakravarthy, Chinni Jayanth and Periya Karuppu Thevar playing supporting roles. The film, produced by Seetha, had musical score by Deva and was released on 10 February 1994. The film was released to negative reviews and it bombed at the box office.
|Directed by||R. Parthiepan|
|Written by||R. Parthiepan|
|Edited by||P. Saisuresh|
Kulasekaran (R. Parthiepan) is a liquor shop owner and he likes to spend the time in college. Kulasekaran is also a modern Don Juan : a seducer of women. His father Kabali (Vinu Chakravarthy) is a drunkard and he was involved in smuggling illegal liquor, while his mother (Manorama) is a soft-spoken person.
During a wedding function, Kulasekaran falls under the spell of the shy young woman Sangita (Sangita Madhavan Nair). He talks to Sangita and he tries to seduce her. Sangita really likes his funny way of talking, she eventually falls in love with him and they even talk about their marriage. When Kulasekaran tries to kiss her, she pushes him away. Disappointed by his behaviour, she runs away from the wedding hall.
Later, Kulasekaran falls in love with Archana (Roja). Archana is an arrogant college student and she is the daughter of a district collector (Vijayakumar). Kulasekaran tries to seduce her but without success. One day, she finally accepts his love, unfortunately, the happiness was short-lived, she says that it was just a joke. The whole pattern repeats itself many times, Kulasekaran quickly sinks into alcoholism and depression. Archana openly states that she wants to see Kulasekaran going mad. What transpires later forms the crux of the story.
- R. Parthiepan as Kulasekaran
- Roja as Archana
- Sangita Madhavan Nair as Sangita
- Vijayakumar as Archana's father
- Manorama as Kulasekaran's mother
- Vinu Chakravarthy as Kabali
- Chinni Jayanth as Kulasekaran's friend
- Periya Karuppu Thevar as Kulasekaran grandfather
- Vaithi as Headmaster
- Prasanna Kumar as lawyer
- Thalapathy Dinesh
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1||'College Thorandhudichi'||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||4:57|
|2||'Hey Kala Kala'||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, R. Parthiepan||5:07|
|3||'Sarigamapadani'||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Deva||4:03|
|4||'Aye Vadi Chi Poya'||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, K. S. Chithra||4:18|
|5||'Paithiyam Paithiyam'||Sangeetha, Sajith||1:23|
|6||'Jinthapath Jinthapath'||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, R. Parthiepan||4:12|
|8||'Ding Dang'||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, K. S. Chithra||4:51|
|9||'Gilli Adichavana'||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||4:33|
- "Sarigamapadhanee (1994) Tamil Movie". spicyonion.com. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Sarigamapadhanee (1994)". gomolo.com. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Tamil movie Sarigamapadani". jointscene.com. Archived from the original on 24 November 2009. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Filmography of sarigamapadhanee". cinesouth.com. Archived from the original on 29 October 2006. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Tamil Movie News--1995 Review(Cont.)". groups.google.com. 9 January 1996. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Tamil Movie News--1995 Review". groups.google.com. 9 January 1996. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Best of 1997". indolink.com. Archived from the original on 19 November 2015. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Sarigamapathanee by Deva on Apple Music". play.raaga.com. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Sarigamapathanee Songs". saavn.com. Retrieved 14 October 2016.