Santhi (1965 film)
Santhi (lit. 'Peace') is a 1965 Indian Tamil-language film, directed by A. Bhimsingh and produced by A. L. Srinivasan. The film stars Sivaji Ganesan, C. R. Vijayakumari, S. S. Rajendran and Devika in lead roles. The film had musical score by Viswanathan–Ramamoorthy. The film was remade in Hindi as Gauri (1968).
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||A. Bhimsingh|
|Produced by||A. L. Srinivasan|
|Screenplay by||M. S. Solaimalai|
S. S. Rajendran
C. R. Vijayakumari
S. V. Sahasranamam
M. R. Radha
Lyrics : Kannadasan
|Cinematography||G. Vittal Rao|
|Edited by||A. Paul Duraisingam|
|Distributed by||ALS Productions|
- Sivaji Ganesan as Santhanam
- Devika as Malliga
- S. S. Rajendran as Ramu
- C. R. Vijayakumari as Shanthi
- Nagaiah as Kailasam Pillai (Shanthi Father)
- S. V. Sahasranamam in Doctor (guest appearance)
- M. R. Radha as Paramasivam Pillai (Financer, Ramu Relaitive Enemy role)
- Nagesh as Paramanandam (Paramasivam Finance Company Servant)
- Manorama as Sundari (Paramasivam Daughter, Paramanandam Lover)
- R. Santhiya as (Santhanam Mother)
- Tambaram Lalitha as Nagamma (Shanthi Helper)
- Rama Prabha as Nurse
- Seethalakshmi as (Malliga Unty)
Santhi marked the final time Sivaji Ganesan and M. R. Radha appeared together onscreen.
|1.||"Yaarantha Nilavu"||Kannadasan||T. M. Soundarrajan||4:32|
|2.||"Nenjathile Nee"||Kannadasan||P. Susheela||3:32|
|3.||"Oorengum Mappillai"||Kannadasan||P. Susheela||4:11|
|4.||"Senthur Murugan"||Kannadasan||P. Susheela, P. B. Srinivas||4:54|
|5.||"Senthur Murugan (2)"||Kannadasan||P. Susheela||4:54|
|6.||"Vaazhnthu Paarkka"||Kannadasan||T. M. Soundarrajan, P. B. Srinivas||3:52|
|7.||"Theredu Silaiyedu"||Kannadasan||P. Susheela||3:18|
Santhi was originally scheduled for release on 10 April 1965, but was instead released 12 days later because the Censor Board originally wanted to give the film an "A" (adults only) certificate. The makers of the film thought this would prevent people from bringing their families to the theatres and it took some time for them to get the film a "U" (universal) certificate. This movie ran 100 days in many centres of Tamilnadu and box office hit of that year
- "Santhi". nadigarthilagam.com. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- Marja Evelyn Mogk (2013). Different Bodies: Essays on Disability in Film and Television. McFarland. p. 117.
- "Sivaji's film Santhi celebrates 50 years". The Hindu. 13 April 2015. Archived from the original on 26 July 2016. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|