This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may contain wording that promotes the subject through exaggeration of unnoteworthy facts. (December 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sandeep Reddy Vanga (born 25 December 1981) is an Indian director and screenwriter. He made his directorial debut with the critically acclaimed Telugu-language film Arjun Reddy. He also directed Kabir Singh, Hindi Remake of Arjun Reddy with Shahid Kapoor and Kiara Advani which was released on 21 June 2019.
Sandeep Reddy Vanga
Vanga at the success party of his directorial Kabir Singh
Sandeep Reddy Vanga
25 December 1981
|Spouse(s)||Maneesha Reddy Vanga|
|Children||Shiva Reddy Morthala|
Sandeep Reddy Vanga was born in Warangal, Telangana to Prabhakar Reddy and Sujatha. He has an elder brother, Pranay Reddy Vanga, who has produced the film Arjun Reddy. He did his schooling from Platinum Jubilee High School, Warangal till 8th moved to Hyderabad from 9th standard to 12th standard. He received his bachelor's degree from SDM College of Physiotherapy, Dharwad.
Sandeep worked as an apprentice for the film Manasu Maata Vinadhu in 2005 for 25 days at Rushikonda Beach, Vizag. He worked for a few Tollywood films, including Kedi as an assistant director and "Malli Malli Idi Rani Roju" as Associate Director with Kranthi Madhav. He started writing the script for Sugar Factory for his directorial debut, but shelved it and started working for Arjun Reddy.
He started writing the script for Arjun Reddy in 2013 and finished it in a year. Producer, Swapna Dutt and Sharwanand showed interest to do the role however it didn't pan out as Sharwaand had multiple projects in the queue at that time.
He was introduced to Vijay Deverakonda by a common friend. He cast him as the lead for his directorial debut, Arjun Reddy. The film was released on 25 August 2017 and became a blockbuster hit with rave reviews. The film, produced on a budget of ₹4-5 crores, went on to gross more than ₹50 crores (US$8 million) at the box office.
The film ran into trouble with censor board for its depiction of smoking and narcotic drug use. It also created furor for its kissing scenes and also for a movie poster which was approved by Telangana Film Chamber. Senior Congressman and Telangana Political Leader, V. Hanumantha Rao raged over the positioning of this Matured film to the audience. He went on to roads peeling off posters and stickers of the film promoting audience not to encourage such violent films.
Women protection cells and other women organizations appealed to courts and media not to highlight women in a bad light or publish intimate content which they believed degrading and unnecessary.
Arjun Reddy is being remade in different Indian languages, in Tamil as Adithya Varma (directed by Vanga's former assistant Gireesaya) with Chiyan Vikram's son Dhruv in the lead role. In Hindi it was produced as Kabir Singh with Shahid Kapoor and Kiara Advani in lead roles. The film was released in June 2019, and became a commercial success.
Sandeep himself directed the Hindi version of Arjun Reddy titled as Kabir Singh. He signed up Shahid Kapoor as lead. Kiara Advani was roped for playing the female lead. The film was produced by Murad Khetani and Ashwin Warde and the rights to the original film were purchased for ₹15 million. The shooting began in July 2018 and the movie was released on 21 June 2019 and became a commercial success at the box office.
With Ranveer SinghEdit
According to reports by Mumbai Mirror, Sandeep Vanga pitched the idea for his next film to producer Bhushan Kumar and the two have agreed that Ranveer Singh would be the best choice for it. A source close to the project revealed, "Sandeep narrated a story idea to Bhushan, who has liked it and will produce the film. They met today to discuss logistics and casting. Ranveer has liked the concept. 
Sandeep married Maneesha Reddy (Karuna) in 2014 and they have a son, Arjun Reddy Vanga(b.2016).
- Mahanati (2018) Cameo Appearance as Vedantam Raghaviah
As assistant directorEdit
- Kedi (2010)
- "Arjun Reddy: SS Rajamouli showers praise on 'Arjun Reddy' | Telugu Movie News". The Times of India. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "Arjun Reddy movie review: Vijay Deverakonda's film deserves to be celebrated : Reviews, News". India Today. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "Arjun Reddy Hindi remake, starring Shahid Kapoor in Vijay Devarakonda's role, to release on 21 June 2019". Firstpost. 31 July 2018. Archived from the original on 30 October 2018. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- "Sandeep Reddy Vanga in Much Demand". greatandhra.com. Retrieved 31 August 2017. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Director Manjunatha to watch out for!". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- Jayakrishnan (10 September 2017). "Arjun Reddy box office collection week 2: Vijay Devarakonda starrer collects Rs 41.5 crore worldwide". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 2 April 2018. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- Dundoo, Sangeetha Devi (9 September 2017). "Three hours and a huge hit later". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 2 April 2018. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- "Telugu film 'Arjun Reddy' reaches the Rs 50 crore club". The News Minute. 16 October 2017. Archived from the original on 6 February 2018. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- "KS Rama Rao to produce Sandeep Vanga's film starring Mahesh Babu?". The Times of India.
- Prakash, B. V. S. (21 June 2018). "Mahesh to team up with K.S. Rama Rao?". thehansindia.com. Italic or bold markup not allowed in: