Sharwanand Myneni (born 6 March 1984) is an Indian film actor who works in Telugu films, alongside a few Tamil films. He received SIIMA Award for Best Male Debut for his work in Engeyum Eppodhum (2012), and a Nandi Special Jury Award for Malli Malli Idi Rani Roju (2015).
Sharwanand in 2016
6 March 1984
Sharwanand Myneni was born in Vijayawada and brought up in Hyderabad. He has done his schooling from The Hyderabad Public School and completed his Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) from Wesley Degree College, Secunderabad. During his college days, Sharwanand was selected as "The Hindu's Best New Face". Sharwanand is also a trained dancer and very passionate about movies. At the age of 17, Sharwanand attended Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute in Mumbai.
Sharwanand first came to media attention in a Thumbs Up advertisement with Chiranjeevi. He made his acting debut in Telugu with 5va Tareeku in 2003. Later, Sharwanand shared screen space with popular stars like Chiranjeevi in Shankar Dada M.B.B.S. and with Venkatesh in Sankranthi and Lakshmi.
Sharwanand rose to stardom with Vennela and Amma Cheppindi. Films like Gamyam and Andari Banduvaya were labeled as underrated hit films but Prasthanam was a cult classic. These films won him accolades. Sharwanand then forayed into Kollywood with Kadhalna Summa Illai, a remake of Gamyam, but it did not perform well at box office. Sharwanand's second Tamil film was Naalai Namadhe (2009), directed by Vinayan. Sharwanand's third film was Engeyum Eppodhum (2011). In 2012, Sharwanand made his debut as a producer with his film, Ko Ante Koti, which was produced under Sarvaa Arts.
Sharwanand got his commercial breakthrough with the film, Run Raja Run, which was one of the blockbusters of the year 2014. This film, produced by UV Creations, was the second venture after their first blockbuster film, Mirchi. Sharwanand's portrayal of the lead, Raja, won him accolades. Sharwanand new look in the film with bright and colourful outfits is an added boost for his character's portrayal. Sharwanand's next film was Malli Malli Idi Rani Roju, with Nithya Menen, directed by Kranthi Madhav, which received positive applause from critics and ran as a decent movie. Sharwanand's following film was Express Raja, which was a hit at the box office.
Sharwanand released his 25th film titled Radha, which was produced by the noted producer B. V. S. N. Prasad under his production banner SVCC cinema, but it turned out to be an average movie. Sharwanand starred in Mahanubhavudu, which released on 29 September 2017, directed by Maruthi and gained critical and commercial success. Sharwanand's last movie was released on 07th February 2020, titled as Jaanu. It was directed by C. Prem Kumar  which is a remake of his own Tamil film '96.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|Shankar Dada M.B.B.S||Vijay||Telugu|
|2006||Lakshmi||Lakshmi Narayana's brother||Telugu|
|2009||Kadhalna Summa Illai||Abhiram||Tamil|
|2011||Engeyum Eppodhum||Gautham||Tamil||SIIMA Awards - Best Male Debutant|
|Ko Antey Koti||Vamsi||Telugu||Also producer|
|2014||Run Raja Run||Raja Harishchandra Prasad||Telugu||Nominated - Filmfare Award for Best Actor - Telugu|
|2015||Malli Malli Idi Rani Roju||Raja Ram||Telugu||Nandi Special Jury Award (Additional Recommendation)|
|JK Enum Nanbanin Vaazhkai||Jayakumar / JK||Tamil||Tamil-Telugu Bilingual film|
|Radha||SI Radha Krishna||Telugu|
|2018||Padi Padi Leche Manasu||Surya||Telugu|
|2020||Jaanu||K. Ramachandra "Ram"||Telugu|
|Untitled film co-starring Ritu Varma||TBA||Telugu
- "'Run Raja Run' cast: Here's a list of actors and the characters they play". Republic World. Retrieved 2 January 2021.
- "Happy Birthday Sharwanand: Fans pour the Jaanu actor with wishes on Twitter as he turns 35 - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 January 2021.
- "Sharwanand interview - Telugu Cinema interview - Telugu film hero". idlebrain.com. Retrieved 3 August 2015.
- "directors-flock-to-sharwanand". Retrieved 11 August 2018.
- Rangan, Baradwaj (13 March 2015). "JK Enum Nanbanin Vaazhkai: A melodrama pulls its punches by getting all hip on us" – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Shatamanam Bhavati Final Total WW Collections| AndhraBoxOffice.com". andhraboxoffice.com. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- "sharwanand-is-off-to-nepal". Retrieved 11 August 2018.
- "Award for Engeyum Eppodhum director". Behindwoods. Retrieved 29 December 2011.
- "Engeyum Eppothum movie gets honored". Supergoodmovies.com. 8 December 2011. Archived from the original on 17 January 2012. Retrieved 6 January 2012.
- "Nandi Film Awards G.O and Results 2015". APSFTVTDC.
- "Sharwanand's next titled Sreekaaram; goes on floors in August - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 July 2019.
- "From Sreekaram To Maha Samudram, 4 Upcoming Movies Of Sharwanand". The Times of India.
- "Sharwanand and Ritu Varma's Telugu-Tamil bilingual wraps up its shoot - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 January 2021.