Sameh Hassan Shoukry (born 20 October 1952) is an Egyptian diplomat who has been Minister of Foreign Affairs of Egypt since 2014. Previously, Shoukry served as the Ambassador of Egypt to the United States from 2008 to 2012. He was appointed as Minister of Foreign Affairs on 17 June 2014.
|Minister of Foreign Affairs of Egypt|
|Assumed office |
17 June 2014
|Prime Minister||Ibrahim Mahlab|
|Preceded by||Nabil Fahmi|
|Born||20 October 1952|
|Alma mater||Ain Shams University|
A career diplomat, Shoukry has served as:
- 2014-current Minister of Foreign Affairs of Egypt.
- 2014 Sherpa to the 2014 Hague Nuclear Security Summit.
- 2012 Sherpa to the 2012 Seoul Nuclear Security Summit.
- 2008-2012 Ambassador of Egypt to the United States.
- 2005-2008 Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Egypt to the United Nations and other International Organizations in Geneva.
- 2004 – 2005 Assistant Foreign Minister, Chief of Cabinet of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Egypt.
- 2003 – 2004 Assistant Foreign Minister, Chief of Protocol of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Egypt.
- 1999 – 2003 Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Egypt to Austria.
- Permanent Representative of the Arab Republic of Egypt to the International Organizations in Vienna.
- Governor of Egypt on the Board of Governors of the IAEA.
- 2001-2002 Chairman of the Group of 77 & China to the International Organizations in Vienna.
- 2000 Head of Delegation for the Negotiations on the International Treaty to Combat Transnational Organized Crime, Vienna.
- 1995 – 1999 Secretary for Information and follow-up to the President of Egypt, Hosni Mubarak.
- 1995 Member of the Delegation of Egypt to the NPT Review and Extension Conference.
- 1994 – 1995 Director, United States and Canada Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Cairo, Egypt.
- 1990 –1994 Counselor, Permanent Mission of Egypt to the United Nations, New York.
- 1988 – 1990 Counselor, Cabinet of the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Cairo, Egypt.
- 1984 – 1988 First Secretary, Embassy of Egypt in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- 1982 – 1984 Second Secretary, Cabinet of the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Cairo, Egypt.
- 1978 – 1982 Third Secretary, Embassy of Egypt in London, UK.
- 1976 – 1978 Attaché, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Cairo, Egypt.
He is married and has two sons. He obtained a law degree from Ain Shams University in 1975. A career diplomat, he had ostensibly retired prior to being appointed as Minister of Foreign Affairs in 2014. He speaks Arabic, English and Spanish.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sameh Shoukry.|
- "Egypt's Sherif Ismail cabinet with 16 new faces sworn in by President Sisi". Ahram Online. 19 September 2015. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
- "Biography". Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
| Minister of Foreign Affairs
|This African diplomat–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Egyptian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|