Ibrahim Roshdy Mahlab (Arabic: إبراهيم رشدى محلب pronounced [ebɾɑˈhiːm ˈɾoʃdi ˈmæħlæb]; born 8 May 1949) was the Prime Minister of Egypt from 1 March 2014 until 19 September 2015. Previously he served as Minister of Housing.
|Prime Minister of Egypt|
1 March 2014 – 19 September 2015
Acting : 1 March 2014 – 17 June 2014
|President||Adly Mansour (Interim)|
Abdel Fattah el-Sisi
|Preceded by||Hazem El Beblawi (Acting)|
|Succeeded by||Sherif Ismail|
|Minister of Housing|
16 July 2013 – 1 March 2014
|Prime Minister||Hazem Al Beblawi (Acting)|
|Preceded by||Tarek Wafik|
|Succeeded by||Mostafa Madbouly|
Ibrahim Roshdy Mahlab
8 May 1949 
|Political party||National Democratic Party (Before 2011)|
|Alma mater||Cairo University|
Mahlab was a member of the Policies Committee of the National Democratic Party prior to the 2011 Egyptian revolution. Following the 2013 Egyptian coup d'etat, Hazem el-Beblawi was made interim Prime Minister and Mahlab was appointed as Minister of Housing. Following the surprise resignation of el-Beblawi's government, Mahlab was tasked with forming an interim government. He said that his administration would "work together to restore security and safety to Egypt and crush terrorism in all corners of the country." He also vowed to rebuild the economy. The day after being sworn in he said that security is the main issue and called for a halt to protests and strikes.
- "Egypt's new PM says security is top priority", Al Jazeera, 2 March 2014, retrieved 3 March 2014
- "Egypt's Sherif Ismail cabinet with 16 new faces sworn in by President Sisi". Ahram Online. 19 September 2015. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "Egypt names Ibrahim Mahlab as new prime minister", The Guardian, 25 February 2014, retrieved 3 March 2014
- "New govt announces aim to limit labor unrest", Mada Masr, 4 March 2014, archived from the original on 5 March 2014, retrieved 4 March 2014
- "Ibrahim Mehleb to form new Egypt government", Ahram Online, 25 February 2014, retrieved 25 February 2014
- "Egypt's new PM says to fight militancy, rebuild economy", Aswat Masriya, 25 February 2014, retrieved 25 February 2014
- "BREAKING: New government swears in". Cairo Post. 17 June 2014. Retrieved 22 June 2014.
- "Egypt's Sisi accepts resignation of Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab and cabinet". Ahram Online. 12 September 2015. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- "Egypt housing minister to form new government", Al Jazeera English, 25 February 2014, retrieved 25 February 2014
Media related to Ibrahim Mahlab at Wikimedia Commons
Hazem Al Beblawi
| Prime Minister of Egypt
| Minister of Housing