Rotvoll is a neighbourhood in the city of Trondheim in Trøndelag county, Norway. It is located in the borough of Charlottenlund. It is located next to the Trondheim fjord between Leangen to the west and Grillstad to the east.
Neighborhood in Trondheim
View of the Rotvoll Waldorf School, Rotvoll farmhouse, and Camphill Rotvoll - Kristoffertunet
|Elevation||18 m (59 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
The area is known for its rich bird life and has several times been proposed for protection. When a Statoil research and development facility was built there in the 1991, it resulted in civil disobedience at the climax of the Rotvoll controversy.
The area has some suburban housing and is otherwise dominated by the Statoil research facility and Sør-Trøndelag University College campus for teacher training and Norwegian Sign Language interpreters. Rotvoll is served by city buses and by Rotvoll Station on Trønderbanen, the commuter train in Trøndelag. There are also several conjoint Anthroposophical projects:
- Camphill Rotvoll (Camphill Rotvoll - Kristoffertunet) is an intentional community, consisting of 3 family houses; a mixed community with 25 people, some of whom with special needs. Camphill Rotvoll run several workshops: Rotvoll Safteri - a juice and jam facility, Rotvoll landhandel - a general store with mostly bio- dynamic foodstuffs and Rotvoll farm as well as a bakery, weavery and a small market-garden.
- "Rotvoll, Trondheim (Trøndelag)". yr.no. Retrieved 2018-03-21.
- Rosvold, Knut A., ed. (2018-02-20). "Rotvoll". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 2018-03-21.
- Robert Mays and Sune Nordwall. "What Is Anthroposophy?". waldorfanswers.org. Retrieved 2016-12-01.
- "Welcome to Camphill Rotvoll". Camphill Rotvoll. Archived from the original on 2009-10-18. Retrieved 2012-05-20.
- "Living together". Camphill Rotvoll. 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-20.
- "Camphill Village Trust in Norway". Camphill Worldwide. Retrieved 2016-12-01.
- Ebbestad Hansen, Jan-Erik, ed. (2015-05-28). "Rudolf Steiner". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 2018-03-21.
- Ebbestad Hansen, Jan-Erik; Bøhn, Svein, eds. (2013-04-03). "Steinerskoler". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 2018-03-21.