Rose Marie Abdoo (born November 28, 1962) is an American actress and comedian, known for her roles as Stars Hollow's local mechanic, Gypsy, on Gilmore Girls and as Spanish teacher Señorita Rodriguez on That's So Raven.
|Born||November 28, 1962|
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
Life and careerEdit
Abdoo's career began in Chicago, where she performed at various improvisational theaters, including the Improv Institute and four years with The Second City; she went on to develop her own one-woman shows, Who Does She Think She Is? and Get to the Part About Me. She also did a short-lived variety program with Bob Odenkirk and Conan O'Brien called Happy Happy Good Show.
Abdoo has a bachelor's degree in communications from Michigan State University, where she was cast in several college theater roles and encouraged by a professor to study improvisation. She went on to move to Chicago, where she joined Second City, performing first in their national touring shows and moving on their E.T.C. troupe. As a part of E.T.C., Abdoo won a Joseph Jefferson Award as "Best Actress in a Revue" in 1991 for her role in the production We Made a Mesopotamia, Now You Clean It Up, playing what the Chicago Tribune called "the show's meatiest part: an obnoxious, know-it-all tour bus rider." She went on to co-host the awards ceremony in 1994.
|1997||My Best Friend's Wedding||Seamstress|
|2002||Unconditional Love||Contest Winner|
|2005||The 40 Year Old Virgin||Mother at Restaurant|
|Good Night, and Good Luck||Millie Lerner|
|2006||I Want Someone to Eat Cheese With||Car Dealership Receptionist|
|Relative Strangers||Frustrated Housewife|
|2009||I Hate Valentine's Day||Attractive Woman|
|2011||Bad Teacher||School Secretary|
|2012||Hotel Transylvania||Additional Voices|
|Hotel Transylvania 2||Ticket Agent||Voice|
|1993||Johnny Bago||Beverly Florio||Episode: "Big Top Bago"|
|1994||Missing Persons||Marjorie Wren||Episode: "All They Had to Do Was Ask.."|
|1995||Pride & Joy||Wendy||1.04 "Are You My Mother?"|
|2000||Strangers with Candy||Senora Maria de los Angeles Poz Montez Garcia y Perez||2.06 "The Blank Page"|
|Curb Your Enthusiasm||Interior Decorator||Episode: "Interior Decorator"|
|1999||Popular||French Teacher||1.4 Windstruck|
|2001||Three Sisters||Blue Jacket Lady||Episode: "Blame the Messenger"|
|2002–2007||Gilmore Girls||Gypsy||Recurring role; 23 episodes|
|2002||Haunted||Gladys Yates||1.06 "Nocturne"|
|2003–2006||That's So Raven||Senorita Rodriguez||Recurring; 9 episodes|
|2003||The Division||3.07 "Strangers"|
|2005||Dr. Vegas||Dr. Navarro||Episode: "Babe in the Woods"|
|CSI: NY||Blanca Vasquez||1.17 "The Fall"|
|Monk||Mrs. Monk||4.08 "Mr. Monk and Little Monk"|
|Inconceivable||Dawn||1.06 "Face Your Demon Semen"|
|Malcolm in the Middle||Margie||6.09 "Malcolm's Car" 7.04 "Halloween"|
|2006||Grand Union||Marybeth||TV movie|
|2007||In Case of Emergency||Gladys||1.04 "Stuck in Amber"|
|The War at Home||Shirra||2.17 "Kenny Doesn't Live Here Anymore"|
|2008||Brothers & Sisters||Miss Clara||3.07 "Do You Believe in Magic"|
|2009||Wizards of Waverly Place||Mary Lou Fineman||2.18 "Hugh's Not Normous"|
|WordGirl||Great Granny May||2.18 "Hugh's Not Normous"|
|Without a Trace||Rachel Gomez||7.21 "Labyrinths"|
|2010||Good Luck Charlie||Dr. Tish Tushy||1.12 "Kit and Kaboodle"|
|2010, 2014||Pretty Little Liars||Fortune Teller, Dentist||2 episodes|
|2011||2 Broke Girls||Adin||1.12 "And the Pop-Up Sale"|
|2012||Psych||Mary Pasternak||Episode: "Right Turn or Left for Dead"|
|2012–2015||Parenthood||Gwen Chambers||Recurring Role|
|2013||The Mentalist||Nurse||5.18 "Behind the Red Curtain"|
|2013–2014||Shameless||Dr. Vega||2 episodes|
|2014||Garfunkel and Oates||Magda||Episode: "Hair Swap"|
|Castle||Dr. Cynthia Swann||Episode: "Driven"|
|Grey's Anatomy||Therapist||Episode: "Bend and Break"|
|The Comeback||Marianina||3 episodes|
|Major Crimes||Jane Lewis||Episode: "Leap of Faith"|
|2015||The Odd Couple||Helen||Episode: "Jealous Island"|
|The Grinder||Judge Stephanie Rossmyre||2 episodes|
|Scandal||Senator Linda Moskowitz||4 episodes|
|Mike & Molly||Madame Vianne||Episode: "Curse of the Bambino"|
|Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life||Gypsy / Berta||4 episodes|
|2018||The Middle||Mrs. Jodie Kozicki||Episode: "The Crying Game"|
- "Rose Abdoo Gets to The Part About Her, at NY's Meisner, Through Feb. 25". Playbill.com. 1999-02-09. Archived from the original on 2013-01-31. Retrieved 2014-06-18.
- Bill Zwecker. "Leading players set for 'Monologues' return," Chicago Tribune, November 22, 2000, section 2, page 53.
- Fred Nuccio. "A Rose by any other name is just as funny," Chicago Sun-Times, July 10, 1994, "Show" section, page 2.
- Barbara Revsine. "So you want to be in show biz: How to make that first step up the ladder," Chicago Tribune, September 13, 1991, "Friday" section, page 3.
- Rick Kogan. "'Mesopotamia cradles laughs within its sketches," Chicago Tribune, May 30, 1991, "News: Overnight" section, page 30.
- Hedy Weiss. "Jeffs honor theater: Goodman's 12 tops the list," Chicago Tribune, November 15, 1994, "Features" section, page 43.
- Rose Abdoo information at TV.com
- "Real-Life Writers from Smash Hit TV Series Such as 'Seinfeld,' 'Everybody Loves Raymond,' 'The Sopranos' and 'Curb Your Enthusiasm,' Star in New Multi-Platform Comedy Series 'The Writers Room'". PNR Newswire. 2008-04-01. Retrieved 2009-03-03.[permanent dead link]