Rewati Chetri (born 4 July 1993) is an Indian model and beauty queen. She participated in Femina Miss India 2015 where she was a finalist. She has been crowned Miss Asia at the World Miss University 2016 pageant, held in Beijing. In 2016 she participated in the Senorita India pageant, and won the title of Miss International India 2016. She represented India at Miss International 2016 held in Tokyo, Japan
|Born||4 July 1993|
|Height||5 ft 09 in (1.75 m)|
|Title||Miss International India 2016|
Miss Asia - World Miss University 2016
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Miss International 2016|
Senorita India 2016
(Miss India International)
(Miss Perfect Legs)
(Miss Glowing Skin)
World Miss University 2016
(Winner - Miss Asia)
Miss Earth India 2016
Femina Miss India 2015
Femina Miss Kolkata 2015
She was born to Baburam Chetri, an ASEB employee and Mrs. Bina Chetri, a homemaker at Haflong, the lone hill station of the state to a family in Dima Hasao district of Assam. She graduated from Lumding College, Lumding, and is now studying for a LL.B. at NEF Law College, which is affiliated to Gauhati University in Guwahati.
In 2016, Chetri debuted as an actor in a music video produced by Dream House Production, for the Suresh Shama album Tumi Mur, with music was composed by "Bulbul and Rosty" and songs directed by Deepak Dey.
But her major break in acting will be in the upcoming feature film Gangs Of North East due for release in 24 March, the first movie from Northeast India to be released in three language versions, Hindi for national release, Assamese and Khasi. She is playing the lead actor in her acting debut as a film actress. In 2017, she was announced to be the lead actress of an upcoming Nepali movie based on Subin Bhattarai’s bestselling novel Summer Love.
Chetri took part in a candlelight march with more than 200 people including many celebrities on May 2016 demanding justice to a brutally assaulted rape victim who was found dead near the Dihing river in Guwahati, Assam. This incident left entire state of Assam in shock and was compared to the Nirbhaya's incident of New Delhi. Rewati even pledged to support the victim's family.
Chetri participated in the first edition of Senorita India and she won the title of Miss International India. She will represent India at Miss International 2016 pageant She won the title of Miss Asia (Best in Asia Continent) at the World Miss University pageant in 2016 held Beijing, China. Chetri was selected as a finalist in Miss Earth India 2016 and she withdrew herself from the competition due to her modeling contracts.
Femina Miss India 2015Edit
Chetri made it to the Top - 5 as a Finalist of Miss India Kolkata, East India Audition of Miss India and qualified for Miss Femina Miss India 2015 Top 21 Finalist. She was a Top 10 Finalist in Femina Miss India 2015, but couldn't advance further in competition. She also won the subtitles "Miss Popular" and "Miss Multimedia" in the same pageant.
Miss International 2016Edit
She represented India at the 56th edition of Miss International pageant, which was held in Tokyo, Japan in October 2016. Chetri was the second woman from Northeast India to represent India at the Miss International pageant.
- "Haflong girl enters Miss India final round". www.assamtimes.org. Retrieved 30 January 2016.
- "India's Rewati Chetri Crowned Miss Asia At World Miss University". www.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 30 January 2016.
- "Rewati Chetri will represent India at Miss International 2016 pageant in Japan". NorthEast Today. 2016-09-12.
- "Ghorkali beauty Rewati Chetri is Miss International India 2016". Retrieved 30 January 2016.
- "Rewati Chetri is Miss Asia in Miss World University 2016". Bhaskar News. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Femina Miss India 2015 contestant profile". Retrieved 2016-09-16.
- "Rewati Chetri wins Miss Asia title at World Miss University pageant - Tag Rewati Chetri". The Northeast Today. Retrieved 16 September 2016.
- "Summer Love to be adapted into film". Kathmandu Post. March 21, 2017.
- "Post by Rewati Chetri on Instagram". Instagram. 23 June 2017.
- "Accused Arrested in Margherita Rape Case, Candle Light Vigil for Champa". Electric Northeast. 2016-05-10.
- "The Brutal Rape And Murder Of A Gorkha Girl Is Making Assam Boil Over With Rage". Indiatimes. 2016-05-13.
- "Rewati Chetri crowned Miss Asia". voiceofsikkim.com. Retrieved 30 January 2016.
- "Rewati Chetri - Miss Earth India 2016 profile". Retrieved 30 January 2016.
- "NE girl Rewati Chetri in final round of Miss India 2015". www.theshillongtimes.com. Retrieved 30 January 2016.
- "Miss International 2016 official contestants". 2016-05-10.
- "Rewati Chetri is Miss International India 2016". Missosology. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
19.^ “Rewati Chetri the new face at Lakme Fashion Week 2018” https://www.hindustantimes.com/fashion-and-trends/six-hot-new-models-to-watch-out-at-lakme-fashion-week/story-CskpucQrbk9Uxhb2IaxyfI.html