Record of Ragnarok
Record of Ragnarok (終末のワルキューレ, Shūmatsu no Warukyūre, lit. "Valkyrie of the End"), is a Japanese manga series written by Shinya Umemura and Takumi Fukui and illustrated by Ajichika. It began in Coamix's (formerly also published by Tokuma Shoten) seinen manga magazine Monthly Comic Zenon in November 2017. It was licensed in North America by Viz Media in June 2021. The manga was adapted as an original net animation (ONA) by Graphinica and premiered on Netflix in June 2021.
|Record of Ragnarok|
(Shūmatsu no Warukyūre)
|Magazine||Monthly Comic Zenon|
|Original run||November 25, 2017 – present|
|Ryo Fu Hō Sen Hishōden|
|Written by||Takeo Ono|
|Magazine||Monthly Comic Zenon|
|Original run||October 25, 2019 – present|
|Original net animation|
|Directed by||Masao Ōkubo|
|Written by||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu|
|Music by||Yasuharu Takanashi|
|Released||June 17, 2021|
Every 1000 years, the Gods' Council assembles to decide the fate of humanity. After 7 million years of human history, the gods come to the decision that humans are irredeemable and must go extinct. However, the valkyrie Brunhilde proposes to give humanity one last chance to prove their worth and the gods agree to hold the battle of Ragnarok, a tournament with 13 notable humans from across history against 13 of the most powerful gods engaging in duels to the death. Humanity will be spared if their side achieves 7 victories in the competition. To even the odds, each human is granted the assistance of a valkyrie who transforms into a powerful weapon tailored for their user's combat style called "Volund", at the risk of losing her life if the user is killed.
- Brunhilde (ブリュンヒルデ, Buryunhirude)
- Voiced by: Miyuki Sawashiro (Japanese); Laura Post (English)
- The oldest and leader of the valkyries who convinced the gods to hold the Ragnarok. She despises the gods and takes advantage of the situation to enact her revenge at them.
- Göll (ゲル, Geru)
- Voiced by: Tomoyo Kurosawa (Japanese); Anairis Quinones (English)
- Brunhilde's youngest sister who is always seen with her.
- Randgriz (ランドグリーズ, Randogurīzu)
- Voiced by: Aya Kawakami (Japanese); Kayleigh McKee (English)
- Randgriz was the Fourth of the 13 Valkyrie Sisters. She became a Volund for Lu Bu during Ragnarok.
- Lü Bu (呂 布 奉先, Ryo Fu Hōsen)
- Voiced by: Tomokazu Seki (Japanese); Kaiji Tang (English)
- A military general and warlord who lived during the late Eastern Han dynasty of Imperial China and humanity's representative for the first match. His weapon is the Sky Piercer, a halberd granted by the valkyrie Randgriz, whose special ability allows Lu Bu to break any armor.
- Adam (アダム, Adamu)
- Voiced by: Soma Saito (Japanese); Jonah Scott (English)
- The progenitor of all humanity who fights in the second match. His weapon is a knuckleduster, granted by the valkyrie Reginleif.
- Kojiro Sasaki (佐々木 小次郎, Sasaki Kojirō)
- Voiced by: Kazuhiro Yamaji (Japanese); Keone Young (English)
- A famous Japanese swordsman who fights in the third match. His weapon is the Monohoshizao, a two-handed nodachi granted by the valkyrie Hrist, whose special ability allowed her to transform into two weapons after the Monohoshizao was shattered.
- Jack the Ripper (ジャック・ザ・リッパー, Jakku za Rippā)
- An infamous British serial killer from the late 19th century who fights in the fourth match. He wears a pair of gloves granted by the valkyrie Hlökk, whose special ability allows Jack the Ripper to turn anything his gloves touch into a divine weapon capable of slaying gods.
- Raiden Tameemon (雷電爲右エ門)
- The highest-rated Japanese sumo wrestler from the 19th century who fights in the fifth match. He wears a mawashi granted by the valkyrie Þrúðr, which gives him complete control over his body's muscles.
- Buddha (釈迦, Shaka)
- A former human who created the religion of Buddhism, known as "The Enlightened One". Despite having attained godhood, Buddha decides to fight for the human side in the sixth match, much to the ire of the other gods. Instead of a Volund, he uses his own weapon, a staff that can assume six different forms according to his emotions.
- Qin Shi Huang (秦始皇)
- The founder of the Qin Dynasty and the first emperor to unify China in the 3rd century BC.
- Simo Häyhä (シモ・ヘイヘ, Shimo Heihe)
- Nicknamed "The White Death", Simo is a Finnish sniper and war veteran from the 20th century who is one of the next human representatives to join Ragnarok. He is recognized as the deadliest marksman in history for killing over 500 men during the Winter War (1939–1940), which lasted less than 100 days.
- Nikola Tesla
- A Serbian-American inventor from the 20th century.
- Souji Okita (沖田 総司, Okita Souji)
- The captain of the Shinsengumi a special police force from 19th century Japan, famed for his swordsmanship.
- Michel de Nostredame
- A French astrologer, physician and reputed seer from the 16th century.
- Sakata Kintoki
- A Japanese folk hero from the Heian period.
- Grigori Rasputin (グリゴリー・ラスプーチン, Gurigorī Rasupūchin)
- A Russian mystic and self-proclaimed holy man from the early 20th century.
- Leonidas I
- A Spartan king from the 5th century BC, famous for his instrumental role at the Battle of Thermopylae.
- Thor (トール, Tōru)
- Voiced by: Hikaru Midorikawa (Japanese); Jalen K. Cassell (English)
- The Norse god of thunder and a representative for the gods for the first match, armed with the hammer Mjölnir.
- Zeus (ゼウス, Zeusu)
- Voiced by: Wataru Takagi (Japanese); Chris Edgerly (English)
- The supreme Greek god and chairman of the Gods' Council who fights in the second match, fighting barehanded.
- Poseidon (ポセイドン)
- Voiced by: Takahiro Sakurai (Japanese); Bumper Robinson (English)
- The Greek god of the sea and Zeus' older brother who fights in the third match, armed with a trident.
- Hercules (ヘラクレス, Herakuresu)
- A former human and Greek god of strength and heroism who fights in the fourth match by the gods' side, armed with a magical club.
- Voiced by: Junichi Suwabe (Japanese); Cory Yee (English)
- The herald of the Greek gods.
- Voiced by: Rie Tanaka (Japanese); Reba Buhr (English)
- The Greek Goddess of Love. She is accompanied by a group of stone golems that she uses as a throne and to hold up her large breasts.
- Voiced by: Hinata Tadakoro (Japanese); Tim Friedlander (English)
- The Greek god of courage and war.
- Shiva (シヴァ)
- Voiced by: Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Japanese); Benjamin Diskin (English)
- The four-armed Hindu god of destruction and one of the three gods that make up the Trimurti who participates in the fifth match, fighting barehanded.
- Bishamonten (毘沙門天)
- One of the Four Heavenly Kings of Buddhism. He is a god of warriors and a punisher of evildoers who participates in the sixth match, empowering himself by absorbing the Seven Lucky Gods into his body.
- Susanoo-no-Mikoto (スサノヲ, Susanowo)
- The Shinto god of the sea and storms. One of the three central deities of Japanese mythology.
- Odin (オーディン, Ōdin)
- Voiced by: Show Hayami (Japanese); Bill Butts (English)
- The supreme Norse god, he is Thor's father and blood brother to Loki.
- Loki (ロキ, Roki)
- Voiced by: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Japanese); Ryan Colt Levy (English)
- The Norse god of deceit and blood brother to Odin.
- Voiced by: Yukihiro Nozuyama (Japanese); Kellen Goff (English)
- A Norse god who keeps watch for invaders and the onset of Ragnarök. He oversees and comments on the fights of Ragnarok.
- Huginn and Muninn
- Voiced by: Taisuke Nakano (Huginn), Tomohiro Yamaguchi (Muninn) (Japanese); Michael Chapman (Huginn), Ben Pronsky (Muninn) (English)
- A pair of ravens that fly all over the world, Midgard, and bring information to the god Odin.
- The Egyptian god of death, mummifying and embalment
- The Greek god of the sun.
- A Philistine deity portrayed as a demon in Jewish and Christian lore.
Record of Ragnarok is written by Shinya Umemura and Takumi Fukui and illustrated by Ajichika. It began in Coamix's (formerly also published by Tokuma Shoten) Monthly Comic Zenon on November 25, 2017. Its chapters has been collected into individual tankōbon volumes. The first volume was released on May 19, 2018. As of June 18, 2021, eleven volumes have been released.
On June 17, 2021, Viz Media announced that they had licensed the series for English release in North America. It will be released in digital starting in fall 2021 and in print starting in spring 2022.
A spin-off titled Shūmatsu no Valkyrie: Ryo Fu Hō Sen Hishōden (終末のワルキューレ異聞 呂布奉先飛将伝) began in Monthly Comic Zenon on October 25, 2019. Its chapters have been collected into individual tankōbon volumes. The first volume was released on April 20, 2020. As of June 18, 2021, four volumes have been released.
Record of RagnarokEdit
|No.||Original release date||Original ISBN||English release date||English ISBN|
|1||May 19, 2018||978-4-19-980495-3||October 26, 2021 (digital)|
January 18, 2022 (print)
|2||September 20, 2018||978-4-19-980517-2||—||—|
|3||March 20, 2019||978-4-19-980557-8||—||—|
|4||July 20, 2019||978-4-19-980581-3||—||—|
|5||November 20, 2019||978-4-19-980603-2||—||—|
|6||April 20, 2020||978-4-86720-119-0||—||—|
|7||June 19, 2020||978-4-86720-155-8||—||—|
|8||September 19, 2020||978-4-86720-168-8||—||—|
|9||December 19, 2020||978-4-86720-187-9||—||—|
|10||March 18, 2021||978-4-86720-204-3||—||—|
|11||June 18, 2021||978-4-86720-240-1||—||—|
Shūmatsu no Valkyrie: Ryo Fu Hō Sen HishōdenEdit
|1||April 20, 2020||978-4-86-720120-6|
|2||September 19, 2020||978-4-86-720169-5|
|3||December 19, 2020||978-4-86-720188-6|
|4||June 18, 2021||978-4-86-720243-2|
In December 2020, it was announced that the series will receive an anime series adaptation produced by Warner Bros. Japan and animated by Graphinica. It is directed by Masao Ōkubo, with series composition by Kazuyuki Fudeyasu, characters designs by Masaki Saito and music composed by Yasuharu Takanashi. Licensed by Netflix, the series premiered on June 17, 2021 on the streaming service. The opening theme is "Kamigami" (KAMIGAMI-神噛-, lit. "Gods" / "God Biting") performed by Maximum the Hormone, while the ending theme is "Fukahi" (不可避, lit. "Unavoidable") performed by SymaG.
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Storyboarded by||Original release date|
Transcription: "Ragunaroku" (Japanese: ラグナロク)
|Yasutaka Yamamoto||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu||Masao Ōkubo||June 17, 2021|
|At the Council of Valhalla, the gods had gathered after a 1000 years since the last meeting and decide that humanity is iredeemable and must be destroyed. Brunhilde, leader of the Valkyries, objects to the decision and proposes that the gods demonstrate their mercy and power by testing mankind. Brunhilde convinces the gods to hold Ragnarok, a competition where thirteen humans and thirteen gods face one-on-one battles to the death and the first to achieve seven victories wins, with mankind spared for another 1000 years should they achieve victory. For the first battle, the first representative of the gods is the strongest Norse god and God of Thunder, Thor, while the human representative is the most powerful of all Chinese heroes, Lü Bu and their fight begins with both opponents fighting at full force.|
Transcription: "Kōtekishu" (Japanese: 好敵手)
|Hiroyuki Kitakubo||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu||Masao Ōkubo||June 17, 2021|
|The gods are surprised that Lü Bu forces Thor to fight him seriously and reminisce about the Norse god's greatest feats while details of Lü Bu's past are also revealed, including the fact that unlike the official story, Lü Bu surrendered to his enemies after realizing that there is no one else strong enough to fight him. When Lü Bu's weapon deflects Thor's Hammer, the gods realize that Lü Bu is also equipped with a divine weapon, while Brunhilde gathers the 13 Valkyries to assist the humans in Ragnarok.|
Transcription: "Hissatsu Waza" (Japanese: 必殺技)
|Takushi Shikatani||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu||Masao Ōkubo||June 17, 2021|
|Before Ragnarok, Brunhilde calls the fourth sister, Randgriz, and orders her to help Lü Bu by transforming into a sacred weapon for him. As Lü Bu manages to injure Thor again, Zeus confirms that the Valkyries are rebelling against the gods, but is thrilled by the challenge it brings. Brunhilde is informed about the full list of Ragnarok participants. By removing his restraints, Thor shows the full extent of his powers and prepares to deal the finishing blow on Lü Bu.|
Transcription: "Kanki" (Japanese: 歓喜)
|Hirokazu Yamada||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu||Kōjin Ochi||June 17, 2021|
|Lü Bu's legs break from the full might of Thor's attack and his trusty steed, Red Hare, appears to support Lü Bu, but the fight is decided when Lü Bu's weapon breaks and Randgriz returns to her normal form. Defeated, Lü Bu rejoices at having finally fought a worthy opponent. Thor then beheads Lü Bu with his hammer, sealing the first victory for the gods.|
|5||"File No.00000000001"||Yasutaka Yamamoto||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu||Yasutaka Yamamoto||June 17, 2021|
|After Lü Bu's death, his army led by Chen Gong and Red Hare charge at Thor, who kills them in respect for his fallen opponent. Göll, the youngest of the valkyries, learn from Brunhilde that both Lü Bu and Randgriz's souls were destroyed, thus they can't be revived. Angry that Brunhilde does not show any sadness for their sister's fate, Göll reprimands her, but Brunhilde yells at her stating that you can't slay a god if you act sad. Brunhilde chooses Adam, the father of all mankind as the human representative for the second match, but while Shiva, the strongest Hindu god was originally chosen as his opponent, Zeus steps in and assumes his place, much to Brunhilde's surprise.|
Transcription: "Karei Naru Mohō" (Japanese: 華麗なる模倣)
|Kōjin Ochi||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu||Masao Ōkubo||June 17, 2021|
|Zeus convinces Shiva to fight Adam in his place and Adam is equipped with a knuckleduster with the spirit of the seventh Valkyrie, Reginleif, while Zeus decides to fight barehanded. Zeus have the advantage at first, until Adam uses his enhanced perception to dodge and copy all of the enemy's attacks, astonishing the crowd when he starts fighting back and brings Zeus to fall to the ground.|
|7||"Expelled from Paradise"|
Transcription: "Rakuen Tsuihō" (Japanese: 楽園追放)
|Masahito Otani||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu||Kōjin Ochi||June 17, 2021|
|As Adam keeps overpowering Zeus, Brunhilde comments Adams' strength comes from his rancor, his hatred for the gods, revealing that both he and his wife Eve were banished from paradise after Eve was falsely accused of eating the forbidden fruit, accepting their exile after killing The Serpent for incriminating Eve after she refused his advances. Just as the battle is almost decided, Zeus shows his true form and Adam stops attacking upon realizing the danger.|
Transcription: "Afureru Ai" (Japanese: あふれる愛)
|Shin'ya Une||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu||Masao Ōkubo||June 17, 2021|
|Zeus assumes his ultimate form, Adamas form, and evens the odds against Adam. However, Adam eventually adapts to his opponent's strength and regains the upper hand, but just before Adam deals the finishing blow on Zeus, he dies from exaustion, his soul vanishing along Reginleif's. Despite defeated again, the humans on the audience celebrate Adam's example and express their will to defy the gods and win the Ragnarok. For the third match, Poseidon, the Greek god of the sea is chosen to fight for the gods' side, while an elderly Kojiro Sasaki appears as his opponent.|
|9||"Tyrant of the Ocean"|
Transcription: "Taikai no Bōkun" (Japanese: 大海の暴君)
|Hirokazu Yamada||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu||Masao Ōkubo||June 17, 2021|
|Poseidon begins the third match against Kojiro Sasaki equipped with a sword with the spirit of the valkyrie Hrist but neither take a step, as Kojiro fails to look for any opening in Poseidon's defense and realizes that he will be killed should he attacks carelessly. After Brunhilde tells the story of how Poseidon killed his older brother Adamas for deeming him a coward, Kojiro gives up from taking the first move against Poseidon and sits on the ground.|
Transcription: "Saikyō no Haisha" (Japanese: 最強の敗者)
|Akira Mano||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu||Yasutaka Yamamoto||June 17, 2021|
|After the story of how he perfected his skills just by his training is revealed, Kojiro provokes Poseidon and evades all of his attacks, until his opponent starts dealing blows too fast for him to dodge completely.|
|11||"The Swallow Gazes into the Abyss"|
Transcription: "Tsubame ga Mita Shin'en" (Japanese: 燕が見た深淵)
|Kōjin Ochi||Kazuyuki Fudeyasu||Kōjin Ochi||June 17, 2021|
|Poseidon eventually steps up his attacks against Kojiro, injurying him and eventually breaking his sword in two. After reminisicing about his famous encounter with Miyamoto Musashi, Kojiro decides to keep fighting and the broken sword is reforged into two new swords, reflecting Hrist's dual persona and turns the tables against his opponent.|
|12||"And Ragnarok Goes On"|
Transcription: "Soshite Ragunaroku wa Tsuzuku" (Japanese: そしてラグナロクはつづく)
|Kazuyuki Fudeyasu||Masao Ōkubo||June 17, 2021|
|Poseidon decides to stop trying to outsmart Kojiro and attacks him with fast and direct strikes, albeit much faster. However, Kojiro uses all of his skills to counter Poseidon's moves and slices him in four, winning the match. Both humans and gods are surprised with mankind's first win. Zeus admits that mankind is indeed strong and that Brunhilde truly intends to defeat the gods, thus they need to take Ragnarok seriously and decides to send another Greek god to enact their revenge. Hercules is chosen as their representative for the fourth match, while Brunhilde sends Jack the Ripper against him, which astonishes the entire audience due to the latter's reputation as mankind's most devious murderer.|
Record of Ragnarok ranked 5th on Takarajimasha's Kono Manga ga Sugoi! 2019 ranking of Top 20 manga series for male readers. The series ranked 5th on the "Nationwide Bookstore Employees' Recommended Comics of 2018". It placed 12th on the "Nationwide Bookstore Employees' Recommended Comics of 2020". In 2019, the manga ranked 20th on the 5th Next Manga Awards in the Print category. As of March 2021, the manga had over 6 million copies in circulation. As of June 2021, the manga had over 7 million copies in circulation.
In October 2020, Rajan Zed, the president of the Universal Society of Hinduism Rajan, made a statement addressed to Coamix, criticizing the depiction of Hindu deities in manga and urged the company "not to trivialize Lord Shiva and other highly revered Hindu gods and goddesses in its manga publications". The anime received backlash for its depiction of Shiva by a large group of Indian Americans, calling the series "highly disturbing to them" as it trivializes the deity. To avoid further criticism, Netflix altered the trailer to remove Shiva, and later removed the anime itself from its streaming library in India.
- Hazra, Adriana (December 18, 2020). "Record of Ragnarok Manga Gets Anime in 2021". Anime News Network. Retrieved December 19, 2020.
- @LauraPostVoice (June 17, 2021). "You can hear me as this classy-but-crude lady, Brunhilde, in the English Dub of Record of Ragnarok, out today on Netflix! Had such a great time working on this Rollercoaster Ride of a show!" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- @anairis_q (June 17, 2021). "Humanity represent Call me hand I voice Göll in Record of Ragnarok! I hope y'all enjoy this little ball of anxiety Purple heart Thanks so much to @SDIMediaGroup and @netflix for having me—and shout out to Megan and Indu for the fun sessions!! Sparkles Binge it now on Netflix! Sparkles" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- @GhaspeyVO (June 17, 2021). "My first Anime! Hear me today in Record of Ragnarok as Razgriz, the Valkyrie sister! I did something special with her, to show that these voices, whether they are from gods are humans, *can* be a breaker of norms. Thanks so much to the folks at @SDIMediaGroup and @netflix!" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- @KaijiTang (June 17, 2021). "do not pursue Lu Bu I am Lu Bu Catch #RecordofRagnarok now on Netflix!" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Mateo, Alex (March 15, 2021). "Record of Ragnarok Anime Reveals 12 Cast Members, Visual, Ending Theme Artist". Anime News Network. Retrieved March 15, 2021.
- @ImMrTransistor (June 17, 2021). "YOO! I voice YET ANOTHER Dad! The Father of Humanity, Adam in Record of Ragnarok on #Netflix! Thanks so much to @SDIMediaGroup! He is such a BADASS! This Bishi Boy is NAKED AS A JAYBIRD the WHOLE SHOW" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- @JalenKCassell (June 17, 2021). "I voice Thor in #RecordofRagnarok, now on @Netflix Many thanks to @iyunosdi for having me Red heart" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- @chrisedgerly (June 17, 2021). "Had a blast voicing the English language Zeus for this series. Check it out (it's pretty wild)!" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- @CoryYee (June 17, 2021). "Record of Ragnarok on @netflix is out now! I got to play Hermes, the totally not creepy explainer of all things. We've got an incredible English cast! Thanks to Megan for directing and @SamFrishmanCESD for helping me get the gig!" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- @rebabuhr (June 17, 2021). "Working in anime, I have voiced a lot of characters with stupidly big boobs. But my character in Record of Ragnarok, Aphrodite, takes the cake" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- @TimFriedlander (June 20, 2021). "Out now and sitting at #9 on @netflix:. Catch me as Ares in #RecordofRagnarok #anime #Netflix #voiceacting" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- @billdozer777 (June 17, 2021). "It's such an honor to announce that I am Odin in #RecordofRagnarok ! Huge thanks to the amazing folks at @SDIMediaGroup ! Check it out on @netflix now!" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- @ryancoltlevy (June 17, 2021). "The Trickster Is Here! Wildly excited to voice Loki in #RecordofRagnarok out now on @NetflixGeeked! This series is absolutely bonkers & my crazy goth boy is loving it! Grateful to Megan & @SDIMediaGroup for having me!#Loki #Shuumatsunovalkyrie #ror_anime #Netflix" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- @kellengoff (June 17, 2021). "Proud to say I play Heimdall in the English dub of #RecordofRagnarok, out on Netflix today! In the show, he's the eccentirc WWE-esque fight announcer screaming the play-by-play for the onlookers! Thank you @bobbucholtz, Spliced Bread, and Netflix for having me on!" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Pineda, Rafael Antonio (October 26, 2017). "Chiruran: Shinsengumi Requiem's Shinya Umemura Launches New Manga". Anime News Network. Retrieved May 20, 2020.
- 【5月19日付】本日発売の単行本リスト. Natalie. Natasha, Inc. May 19, 2018. Retrieved May 3, 2021.
- 【6月18日付】本日発売の単行本リスト. Natalie. Natasha, Inc. June 18, 2021. Retrieved June 18, 2021.
- Viz Media [@VIZMedia] (June 17, 2021). "Announcement: Record of Ragnarok manga is coming to digital Fall 2021 and to print Spring 2022! The gods have assembled and the verdict for humanity: destruction! @netflix" (Tweet). Retrieved June 17, 2021 – via Twitter.
- Hazra, Adriana (June 20, 2021). "Viz Licenses Record of Ragnarok Manga With Planned Fall Debut". Anime News Network. Retrieved June 20, 2021.
- Mateo, Alex (September 24, 2019). "Shūmatsu no Walküre Gets Spinoff Manga in October". Anime News Network. Retrieved May 20, 2020.
- 【4月20日付】本日発売の単行本リスト. Natalie. Natasha, Inc. April 20, 2020. Retrieved May 3, 2021.
- "Record of Ragnarok, Vol. 1 (Digital)". Viz Media. Retrieved July 4, 2021.
- "Record of Ragnarok, Vol. 1 (Paperback)". Viz Media. Retrieved July 4, 2021.
- 【9月20日付】本日発売の単行本リスト. Natalie. Natasha, Inc. September 9, 2018. Retrieved May 3, 2021.
- 【3月20日付】本日発売の単行本リスト. Natalie. Natasha, Inc. March 20, 2019. Retrieved May 3, 2021.
- 【7月20日付】本日発売の単行本リスト. Natalie. Natasha, Inc. July 20, 2019. Retrieved May 3, 2021.
- 【11月20日付】本日発売の単行本リスト. Natalie. Natasha, Inc. November 20, 2019. Retrieved May 3, 2021.
- 【6月20日付】本日発売の単行本リスト. Natalie. Natasha, Inc. June 19, 2020. Retrieved May 3, 2021.
- 【9月19日付】本日発売の単行本リスト. Natalie. Natasha, Inc. September 19, 2020. Retrieved May 3, 2021.
- 【12月19日付】本日発売の単行本リスト. Natalie. Natasha, Inc. December 19, 2020. Retrieved May 3, 2021.
- 【3月18日付】本日発売の単行本リスト. Natalie. Natasha, Inc. March 18, 2021. Retrieved May 3, 2021.
- Mateo, Alex. "Record of Ragnarok Anime Unveils Trailer, Cast, Visual, June 17 Global Debut on Netflix". Anime News Network. Retrieved May 24, 2021.
- 神VS人間のタイマン勝負「終末のワルキューレ」TVアニメ化！キャスト、PVなど一挙解禁. Natalie (in Japanese). December 19, 2020. Retrieved December 19, 2020.
- Pineda, Rafael Antonio (December 10, 2018). "Kono Manga ga Sugoi! Reveals 2019's Series Ranking for Male Readers". Anime News Network. Retrieved December 18, 2020.
- Ressler, Karen (February 4, 2019). "Japan's Bookstore Employees Rank Top Manga of 2018". Anime News Network. Retrieved May 20, 2020.
- Mateo, Alex (February 1, 2020). "Japanese Bookstores Recommend 15 Top Manga for 2020". Anime News Network. Retrieved May 20, 2020.
- Loveridge, Lynzee (August 22, 2019). "SPY × FAMILY, Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Win Tsugi ni Kuru Manga Award 2019". Anime News Network. Retrieved December 18, 2020.
- "アニメ『終末のワルキューレ』斉藤壮馬、田中理恵ら12名のキャスト発表". Dengeki Online. March 15, 2021. Retrieved April 27, 2021.
- 春アニメ『終末のワルキューレ』配信開始を記念し場面カット＆ノンクレジットOP・ED映像が公開！声優・野津山幸宏さん、沢城みゆきさん、高木渉さんが記念特番に出演決定. Animate Times (in Japanese). June 17, 2021. Retrieved June 17, 2021.
- Hazra, Adriana (October 15, 2020). "Hindu U.S. Statesman Objects to Depiction of Deities in Manga". Anime News Network. Retrieved December 23, 2020.
- Patel, Madhu (15 April 2021). "Netflix urged not to run anime 'Record of Ragnarok'trivializing Lord Shiva". India Post. Archived from the original on June 24, 2021. Retrieved June 24, 2021.
- Naik, Kshiteej (June 22, 2021). "Netflix Hasn't Released Record of Ragnarok in India". IGN. India. Retrieved June 24, 2021.
- Hazra, Adriana (June 27, 2021). "Netflix Removes Record of Ragnarok Anime in India". Anime News Network. Retrieved June 27, 2021.