Rameshwar Teli is member of Bharatiya Janata Party and Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha from Dibrugarh (Lok Sabha constituency). He is also Minister of State in the Ministry of Food Processing Industries since 30 May 2019.
|Minister of State for Food Processing Industries|
|Assumed office |
31 May 2019
|Prime Minister||Narendra Modi|
|Preceded by||Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti|
|Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha|
|Assumed office |
16 May 2014
|Preceded by||Paban Singh Ghatowar|
|Member of Assam Legislative Assembly|
|Preceded by||Amiya Gogoi|
|Succeeded by||Amiya Gogoi|
|Born||14 August 1970|
Duliajan, Assam, India
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Relatives||Late Shri Budhu Teli (Father), Smt. Dukla Teli (Mother)|
|Profession||Social worker, Politician|
He was born in 14 August 1970 in Duliajan in Assam. His father name is Budhu Teli and Mother Dulka Teli. He belongs to member of Tea-garden community of Assam. His father was a driver. During Teenage, he used to sell yam and fern to buy bread for snacks.
He was local leader of All Assam Tea Tribe Students’ Association (AATTSA). He was elected to Assam legislative Assembly during 2001-2006 and 2006-2011 for from Duliajan in district of Dibrugarh. He lost 2011 assembly elections by around 3000 votes to Amiya Gogoi. In 2014, he was elected to as member of parliament from Dibrugarh as BJP candidate. In the 2019 Indian general election he was elected as a member of parliament from Dibrugarh constituency.
- "Lone Sitting MP from Assam Re-nominated by BJP, Rameshwar Teli is MoS in Ministry of Food Processing Industries". news18. 19 May 2019. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- "Rameshwar Teli: From yam seller to food processing minister". newindianexpress. 31 May 2019. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- "Assam Legislative Assembly - Members 2006-2011".
- "Assam Assembly Election 2011 Constituency:Duliajan (118) District : Dibrugarh".
- "PM Modi allocates portfolios. Full list of new ministers", Live Mint, 31 May 2019