Phulwa Khamkar also spelt as Phulawa Khamkar (born 17 September 1974) is an Indian choreographer and dancer, who works in Bollywood and Marathi films. She is the winner of India's first dance reality show Boogie Woogie, Season 1 in 1997 and was among 5 finalist in Dance India Dance Super Moms in 2013. She has choreographed Hindi and Marathi films like, Happy New Year (2014), Julie 2 (2016), Natarang (2010), Kuni Mulgi Deta Ka Mulgi (2012), and Mitwaa (2015). She also won the Zee Marathi's dance reality show Eka Peksha Ek (season 1) and was a judge for second and third season of the same. She received Zee Gaurav Award 2010 for best choreography for song Apsara Aali from Natrang.
17 September 1974
She was named Phulwa by her father, who was a Marathi literature writer and named her Phulwa as it was the first magazine he wrote for. Khamkar went to Balmohan Vidyamandir in Dadar for her education. Later, she completed her graduation in commerce from Ramniranjan Anandilal Podar College of Commerce and Economics. She has been learned Gymnastics at Samarth Vyayam Mandir in Dadar. She is trained in Kathak and in contemporary dance.
Marathi movies like Natrang, Popat, Jhapatlela, Mitwaa, Aika Dajiba, Ideachi Kalpana, Sanngto Aika, Priyatama, Classmates had her as a dance choreographer. She trained Aishwarya Rai for the Bollywood film Taal. She assisted Farah Khan for song Manwa Laage of film Happy New Year. She also participated in Zee TV’s reality show Dance India Dance Super Moms contest, where she was among 5 finalist. Phulwa was the winner of Sony TV's dance show Boogie Woogie, season 1. She guided Amruta Khanvilkar, Atul Kulkarni and Sonalee Kulkarni on perfecting their art. Apart from Bollywood and Marathi films, She has choreographed few South Indian films and Punjabi films. She is running her own dance school, called Phulwa's School of dance and Gymnastics in Mumbai.
|1997||Boogie Woogie (1st season)||Sony TV||Winner|
|2013||Dance India Dance Super Moms||Zee TV||3rd runner up|
|2009||Eka Peksha Ek||Zee Marathi||Judge|
|2013||Eka Peksha Ek||Zee Marathi||Judge|
|2014||Eka Peksha Ek||Zee Marathi||Judge|
|2014||Lux Jhakaas Heroine||9X Jhakaas||Jury/Special panel|
|2018||Dance Maharashtra Dance||Zee Yuva||Judge|
- "Phulwa Khamkar Wiki, Dance Class, Biography". Marathi TV. 7 February 2016.
- "Sonalee's classical classmate avatar". Times of India. 30 December 2014.
- "Radhika's last minute thumri for Gajjendra". Times of India. 13 April 2014.
- Palit Singh, Debarati (27 June 2013). "'It's not a cakewalk for me'". Sakaal Times.
- Bhopatkar, Tejashree (24 May 2013). "Phulwa Khamkar to participate in DID Super moms". Times of India.
- "'I am THRILLED that I won DID Super Moms'". Rediff.com. 11 September 2013.
- "Phulwa Khamkar to Make Bollywood Debut". Marathi Cineyug. 17 February 2016.
- "Ladies special". The Pioneer. 7 September 2013.
- "फुलवाची बी-टाऊनमध्ये एंट्री" (in Marathi). Maharashtra Times. 18 February 2016.
- "A special for mothers". Afternoon DC. 29 July 2013.
- "फुलवाचं चक दे फट्टे!" (in Marathi). Maharashtra Times. 8 November 2014.
- "Phulwa Khamkar : Dance is my passion and that is all, I want to do all my life". Zee Talkies. October 2014.
- Attarwala, Adnan (15 March 2011). "A class apart". Afternoon DC.
- "घराच्या प्रेमात" (in Marathi). Maharashtra Times. 25 April 2015.
- "Ex-Boogie Woogie fame rocked the stage". Times of India. 19 February 2014.
- Srivastava, Priyanka (9 September 2013). "Mithu Chakraborty is crowned dancing supermum". Daily Mail.
- "GSEAMS partners with 9X Jhakaas to launch 'Lux Jhakaas Heroine'". IndianTelevision.com. 9 April 2014.
- "MICTA Awards 2016: कांगारूंच्या देशात मराठी कलाकारांची मांदियाळी" (in Marathi). Loksatta.
- "मराठी सेलिब्रिटींची परदेशवारी, MICTAच्या निमित्ताने सिडनीत अशी केली धमाल-मस्ती". Divya Bhaskar. 2 March 2016.
- "'Jhing Chik Jhing' bags eight Chitrapati Shantaram awards". Mumbai: DNA India. 11 July 2010.