|Full name||Paul Johannes Gerardus Verhaegh|
|Date of birth||1 September 1983|
|Place of birth||Kronenberg, Netherlands|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position||Right back|
|2003–2004||→ AGOVV (loan)||33||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10:36, 30 April 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 17 May 2014
Verhaegh began his career at PSV Eindhoven, making 33 league appearances while on loan at AGOVV Apeldoorn. He then moved to FC Den Bosch in 2004, making 32 league appearances, before finally moving to Vitesse after the 2004–05 season. After four years, he left Vitesse Arnhem and signed a two-year contract with FC Augsburg on 27 May 2010.
After having spent seven years with FC Augsburg, Verhaegh switched to VfL Wolfsburg, after agreeing to a two-year deal. In April 2019, it was announced that Verhaegh has been released by the club with immediate effect.
He was a member of the Dutch squad that won the UEFA U-21 Championship in 2006. He made his debut for the national team against Portugal in a 1–1 friendly draw match on 15 August 2013. He was also part of the squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil. He started the game against Mexico in the last 16 round, when the Dutch relied on late goals to progress to the quarter finals in their way of finishing third in the tournament. Verhaegh is well known for his precision from the spot, as he has a hundred percent record of scoring from penalty-kicks in the league.
|2003–04||AGOVV Apeldoorn (loan)||Eerste Divisie||33||1||0||0||33||1|
|2004–05||FC Den Bosch||Eredivisie||32||0||0||0||32||0|
|2010–11||FC Augsburg||2. Bundesliga||30||1||3||0||33||1|
Statistics accurate as of 30 April 2019.
- Statistics accurate as of 17 May 2014.
- FC Augsburg
- "2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil: List of Players" (PDF). FIFA. 11 June 2014. p. 25. Retrieved 11 June 2014.
- "Paul Verhaegh naar FC Twente". FC Twente. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
- "Paul Verhaegh" (in Dutch). Voetbal International. Retrieved 15 February 2010.
- "Ausgburg captain Paul Verhaegh makes Wolfsburg switch". Bundesliga. 7 August 2017. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- "Verhaegh released". vfl-wolfsburg.de. 29 April 2019.
- "Portugal vs Netherlands". Soccerway.
- "Van Gaal heeft verrassingen in petto in voorselectie". Voetbalzone.
- "FCA schlägt auch Eindhoven und gewinnt Maspalomas-Cup". Augsburger-Allgemeine.de. 12 January 2014. Retrieved 21 December 2014.
- "2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil: Brazil-Netherlands". FIFA. 12 July 2014. Retrieved 21 August 2014.