Parapan American Games
The Parapan American Games is an international multi-sport event for athletes with physical disabilities held every four years after every Pan American Games. The first Games were held in 1999 in Mexico City, Mexico. The 2003 Parapan American Games was the last Parapan American Games that was held not in the same city as the Pan American Games. The most recent games was the 5th Parapan American Games which took place in 2015 with the host city being Toronto, Canada. The next Parapan American Games are scheduled between 23 August to 1 September 2019, in Lima, Peru.
|Parapan American Games|
Official logo of the International Paralympic Committee
|First event||1999 Parapan American Games in Mexico City, Mexico.|
|Occur every||4 years|
|Last event||2015 Parapan American Games in Toronto, Canada|
|Purpose||Multi-sport event for athletes with physical disabilities from nations on the American continent|
|Games||Year||Host city||Host nation||Opened by||Start Date||End Date||Nations||Competitors||Sports||Events||Top Placed Team|
|I||1999||Mexico City||Mexico||4 November||14 November||18||1,000||4||Mexico (MEX)|
|II||2003||Mar del Plata||Argentina||3 December||10 December||28||1,500||9||Mexico (MEX)|
|III||2007||Rio de Janeiro||Brazil||Sérgio Cabral Filho||12 August||19 August||25||1,115||10||Brazil (BRA)|
|IV||2011||Guadalajara||Mexico||Bernardo de la Garza||12 November||20 November||24||1,355||13||277||Brazil (BRA)|
|V||2015||Toronto||Canada||Governor General David Johnston||7 August||15 August||28||1,651||15||317||Brazil (BRA)|
|VI||2019||Lima||Peru||23 August||1 September||31||17|
|VII||2023||Santiago||Chile||3 November||11 November||31||23|
All-time medal tableEdit
- Last updated after the 2015 Parapan American Games.
|3||United States (USA)||162||177||139||478|
|11||Puerto Rico (PUR)||9||3||8||20|
|14||Costa Rica (CRC)||5||3||7||15|
|16||Trinidad and Tobago (TTO)||2||0||2||4|
|17||El Salvador (ESA)||1||1||1||3|
|19||Dominican Republic (DOM)||0||1||2||3|
|Totals (23 nations)||1513||1368||1226||4107|
The Youth Parapan American Games is an international multi-sport event for athletes aged 12 to 21 with physical disabilities. The games were created after the 2003 Pan American Games in order to reduce the large average age gap between countries in the Americas.  The games are held every four years, staggering with the Pan American and Parapan American games, with first of its kind being held in 2005 in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
List of Youth Parapan American GamesEdit
|Games||Year||Host city||Host nation||Opened by||Start Date||End Date||Nations||Competitors||Sports||Events||Top Placed Team||Ref.|
|I||2005||Barquisimeto||Venezuela||22 October||30 October||10||8||Venezuela (VEN)|||
|II||2009||Bogotá||Colombia||17 October||22 October||14||700||9||Brazil (BRA)|||
|III||2013||Buenos Aires||Argentina||Alicia Kirchner||13 October||20 October||16||600||10||Brazil (BRA)|||
|IV||2017||São Paulo||Brazil||20 March||25 March||19||808||12||Brazil (BRA)|||
- "Parapan American Games". Americas Paralympic Committee. 2007. Retrieved 2009-08-20.
- McKay, Duncan (11 October 2013). "Lima awarded 2019 Pan American and Parapan Games". Insidethegames.biz. Dunsar Media. Retrieved 23 April 2016.
- "Barquisimeto 2005 Youth Parapan American Games". International Paralympic Committee. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- "Bid process launched for 2021 Youth Parapan American Games". Dunsar Media Company Limited. 4 July 2017. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- "Paralimpicos Panamericanos en acción" (in Spanish). Coldeportes. 14 October 2009. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- "Buenos Aires 2013 Youth Parapan American Games". International Paralympics Committee. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- "Sao Paulo 2017 Youth Parapan American Games". International Paralympics Committee. Retrieved 18 January 2019.