Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas
Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas (transl. Every moment, close to the heart) is a 2019 Indian Hindi-language romantic film directed by Sunny Deol and produced by Sunny Sounds Pvt Ltd and Zee Studios. The film was released on 20 September 2019.
|Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Sunny Deol|
|Produced by||Zee Studios|
Sunny Sounds Pvt Ltd
|Starring||Karan Deol |
|Cinematography||Himman Dhameja |
|Edited by||Devendra Murdeshwar|
Sunny Sounds Pvt Ltd
|Distributed by||Zee Studios|
|Box office||est. ₹10.03crore|
Saher Sethi (Sahher Bambba), a vlogger from Delhi, goes to Manali in order to review a solo trekking trip organised by Camp Ujhi Dhaar, which is run by Karan Sehgal (Karan Deol). She thinks that the extremely expensive solo trip is a scam and she would expose the camp's owner. Although they start off at bitter note, things started to improve between the two during their trip, which eventually leads to Karan falling for her. He doesn't confess his feelings, but tells her that he is afraid of attachment. Saher confesses to him that she wanted to become singer but couldn't follow her passion as Viren, her boyfriend, make fun of her at an open mic. He takes Saher to his childhood spot, where he sees a snow leopard, and remembers his mother, who died in an avalanche when she tried to capture snow leopard in her camera. The trip finally comes to end, Karan drops Saher at airport and both of them bid goodbye to each other.
On reaching Delhi, Saher too realizes that she has fallen in love with Karan, and thus breaks up with Viren. She informs Karan that she is performing again at an open mic, and indirectly asks him to come to Delhi. Karan unexpectedly shows up at Open Mic and they both confess their love for each other and share a kiss. Next Day, at Saher's house party, Karan is introduced to Saher's family members and also meets Viren, who invites Karan to his party next day. Seeing Saher and Karan close and happy with each other, Viren feels devastated and becomes angry and pledges that he will do anything to be with Saher, despite right or wrong. Next Day, Saher's father talks to Karan in anger, and when Saher asks him, he said that Viren told him everything. Saher speaks to Viren over phone for lying to his parents,and blackmails her about leaking her photos, which he took secretly on Goa trip. Karan goes to Viren, and when Viren abused Saher and Karan's mother, he thrashed him. Feeling insulted, Saher posts a video online of being eve-teased by Viren. Viren gets to know about this, he goes to Saher's, they too gets involve in a fight and accidentally, Saher slips of first floor. Now in comatose condition, Viren parents, with help of political power, turns the case against Saher and beats up Karan. Seeing Saher conditions not improving, and her family suffering all the disrespect, Karan goes to Viren's, beats him up and drags him to hospital and tells him to apologize to Saher. When he refuses, Karan chocked his throat, almost killing him, but Viren's mother asks him to leave him and she apologizes to everyone.
Saher soon recovers from the accident and in the end credits, Karan and Saher are shown as happily married couple!
The film was mostly shot at various locations in the Pir Panjal Mountain Range covering Spiti Valley, Kunzum La, Rohtang La, Tabo, Chandra Taal, Kaza, Lahaul Valley and Manali region in Himachal Pradesh; while a substantial part was shot at locations in New Delhi, including a racing car sequence at Buddh International Circuit in NCR.
- Karan Deol as Karan Sehgal
- Sahher Bambba as Saher Sethi
- Simone Singh as Vandana Sethi (Saher's mother)
- Sachin Khedekar as Ajay Sethi (Saher's father)
- Kallirroi Tziafeta as Karan's mother
- Aakash Ahuja as Viren Narang
- Kamini Khanna as Saher's grandmother
- Meghna Malik as Ratna Narang
- Arsh Wahi as Rohan Verma
- Ritika Thakur as Aditi Thakur (Karan's best friend)
- Akash Dhar as Sushant Narang
- Nupur Nagpal as Natasha Sabharwal
- Kapil Negi as Vikram Thakur (Karan's mentor and Aditi's father)
- Suhani Sethi as Saachi Sethi (Saher's sister)
- Vijayant Kohli as Kapil Kumar Gupta
- Mannu Sandhu as Sushant's wife
- Pooja Katyal as Viren's friend
- Diksha Bahl as Vaishali
- Reuben Israel as Viren's father
Marketing and releaseEdit
Sunny Deol has launched two teaser posters of Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas on valentines day of 2019. Another set of posters were released on 18 June 2019, giving the new release date as 20 September 2019. The official teaser of the film was released on 5 August 2019 by Zee Studios. The official trailer of the film was launched on 5 September 2019 by Zee Studios.
|Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||29 August 2019|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Zee Music Company|
|1.||"Aadha Bhi Zyaada"||Hansraj Raghuwanshi|
Rap: Karan Deol
|2.||"Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas - Title Track"||Arijit Singh, Parampara Thakur||4:14|
|3.||"Ho Jaa Awara" (Music by: Tanishk Bagchi)||Monali Thakur, Ash King||3:50|
|4.||"Ishaq Chaliya"||Sachet Tandon, Parampara Thakur||4:34|
|5.||"Dil Uda Patanga"||Parampara Thakur, Sachet Tandon||4:27|
|6.||"Maa Ka Mann"||Parampara Thakur, Sachet Tandon||3:48|
|7.||"Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas - Celebration"||Sachet Tandon, Parampara Thakur||3:56|
|8.||"Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas - Version 2"||Sachet Tandon, Parampara Thakur||4:14|
|9.||"Suun Le Rabb"||Sachet Tandon||2:12|
|10.||"Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas" (Palak Version)||Palak Muchhal||5:58|
Monika Rawal Kukreja writing for Hindustan Times noted that the film had done justice to its genre and praised Karan Deol and Sahher Bambba for their onscreen freshness. Also praising cinematography and music, she criticised the writing for lacking punch dialogues and effective humour. Concluding she opined, "Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas is definitely one of your run-of-the-mill love stories, but it makes you smile, cry, laugh and brings a sense of freshness."
Gaurang Chauhan of Times Now rated it 2.5 stars out of 5, stated that "Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas is a visually stunning film with some good tunes but the movie somehow misses the mark due to its overlong length and a mediocre screenplay. Sahher Bambba impresses".
Parina Taneja of India TV gave 2 stars out of 5 and opined, that it was a love story that failed to leave the audience with lingering moments. Agreeing with Chauhan, Taneja praised the performance of Bambba, direction and cinematography. Criticising screenplay and pace of the film she noted that music though melodious didn't add value to the film. Concluding, she wrote, "Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas is a one time watch only if you really want to enjoy the breathtaking visuals of Himachal Pradesh.
Further NDTV rated the movie 1 out of 5 and wrote "Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas lacks the freshness that one would expect from a film with a new romantic pair. The reason is obvious: the plot is as old, but not as sturdy, as the hills."
The film performed poorly at the box office, collecting ₹10.03 crore against a ₹60 crore budget. Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas collected ₹1.15 crore on the opening day with a total opening weekend collection of ₹ 4.15 crore.
- Taran Adarsh [@taran_adarsh] (18 June 2019). "New release date...#PalPalDilKePaas will now release on 20 Sept 2019.. Marks the acting debut of Sunny Deol's son Karan Deol and Sahher Bambba... Directed by Sunny Deol... Produced by Zee Studios and Sunny Sounds Pvt Ltd. t.co/EuX5CVfTI7" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Pal Pal Dil Ke Pass". British Board of Film Classification. Retrieved 18 September 2019.
- "Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas Box Office". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 12 October 2019.
- "Sunny Deol set to launch Karan with Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas, starts shooting". The Hindustan Times. Retrieved 22 May 2017.
- Hungama, Bollywood (6 March 2017). "REVEALED: Sahher Bambba to play the lead opposite Sunny Deol's son Karan - Bollywood Hungama". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 27 August 2018.
- "Pal Pal Dil Ke Pass Movie Wiki, News, Trailer, Songs, Cast and Crew, and Release Date - Movie Alles". moviealles.com. Retrieved 27 August 2018.
- "Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas box office collection Day 6: Karan Deol's debut film sinks without trace, total Rs 6.07 cr". Times Now. Retrieved 25 November 2019.
- "When Dharmendra surprised Sunny Deol and Karan Deol on 'Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas' sets". dna. 25 April 2018. Retrieved 27 August 2018.
- "Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas - Official Teaser - Karan Deol - Sahher Bambba - Sunny Deol - 20th Sept". YouTube. Zee Studios. 5 August 2019.
- "Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas - Official Trailer - Sunny Deol - Karan Deol - Sahher Bambba - 20 Sept". YouTube. Zee Studios. 5 September 2019.
- "Pal Pal Dil Ke Pass - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Jio Saavn.
- Rawal Kukreja, Monika (20 September 2019). "Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas movie review: Debutants Karan Deol, Sahher Bambba bring freshness onscreen". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 21 September 2019.
- Chauhan, Gaurang (20 September 2019). "Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas Movie Review: Sahher Bambba shines in Sunny Deol's visually-appealing film". Times Now. Retrieved 20 September 2019.
- "Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas Movie Review: Sahher Bambba steals the show in Karan Deol's debut love drama". www.indiatvnews.com. Retrieved 3 October 2019.
- Taneja, Parina (20 September 2019). "Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas Movie Review: Sahher Bambba steals the show in Karan Deol's debut love drama". India TV. Retrieved 20 September 2019.
- "Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas Flops at the Box Office". Times Now. Retrieved 22 May 2017.