No Problem (2010 film)
No Problem is a 2010 Indian Hindi action comedy film directed by Anees Bazmee and produced by Anil Kapoor who also stars as the main character. It stars Sanjay Dutt, Akshaye Khanna, Sushmita Sen, Paresh Rawal, Kangana Ranaut, Neetu Chandra and Sunil Shetty. Shooting began in July 2010. It was shot in South Africa and Mumbai. No Problem was released worldwide on 10 December 2010.
|Directed by||Anees Bazmee|
|Produced by||Rajat Rawail|
Dr. B. K. Modi
|Screenplay by||Nisar akhtar|
|Story by||Anees Bazmee|
Eirik Diaré Rye
Anand Raj Anand
|Edited by||Prashant Singh Rathore|
|Distributed by||Eros Entertainment|
Anil Kapoor Films Company
Rawail Grandsons Entertainment and Software Pvt Ltd
|Budget||₹ 35 Crore|
|Box office||₹ 28.7 Crore|
Yash (Sanjay Dutt) and Raj (Akshaye Khanna) are small-time crooks and childhood buddies. Raj wants to lead an honest life, but Yash always manages to do something that jeopardises Raj's chances of turning over a new leaf. When Yash robs the First Village Bank, the innocent bank manager, Zandulal (Paresh Rawal), gets blamed, because he had sheltered Yash and Raj under his roof. Zandulal finds out that the two crooks fled to Durban and begs the bank chairman for time to look for the two and prove his innocence.
In Durban, diamonds worth millions have been stolen from the International Diamond Centre by an underworld gang led by Marcos (Sunil Shetty). Senior inspector Arjun Singh (Anil Kapoor) is determined to catch Marcos and his gang. Arjun is married to Kajal (Sushmita Sen), the daughter of the commissioner of the police (Shakti Kapoor). Kajal has a split personality – she's a loving wife and mother, who for 10 minutes every day transforms into a terrifying troublemaker, intent on murdering her husband.
Yash and Raj try to avoid Zandulal, who does not realise that they are his neighbours. Raj falls in love with Sanjana (Kangana Ranaut), Kajal's younger sister. He pretends to be arrogant, wanting her to think that lots of girls are crazy for him. After he confesses, however, they plan on getting married. At the engagement, Zandulal encounters Yash and Raj, threatening to expose them unless they return the money they stole from his bank. Cornered, Raj and Yash agree to commit one last robbery. They rob a minister's house, minutes before Marcos arrives. The minister is tortured and killed, because Marcos cannot find the stolen diamonds.
During Sanjana's marriage with Raj, Arjun, with Kajal's father, arrest Yash, Raj and Zandulal for robbing the minister's house. They are sent to prison but Raj bribes a film director to help him escape. Marcos confronts Raj and Yash about the diamonds. He attempts to intimidate them by tying them to a train track on which a train is rushing full-speed, but this fails because the train rushes at him and his gang instead of Yash and Raj.
Because of the cancellation of Sanjana's marriage, Kajal's fits become worse. She uses guns and knives on Arjun to kill him. Kajal's father tries to get them to divorce but to no avail. Yash kidnaps Sanjana and, with Raj, wins approval from Kajal to help them against Marcos. They also kidnap one of Marcos' associates, Sofia. To intimidate Marcos further, they dress up for a festival and run away with the diamonds. The diamonds eventually get thrown into a fishtank, and the fish eat them all up.
After a hilarious climax, Sofia disappears, never to be seen again. Arjun is relocated to another town to start police-training from scratch. Marcos and his associates are all arrested and sentenced to 40 years in prison for their crimes. Yash and Raj start a fishing business to recover their lost diamonds.
- Anil Kapoor as Inspector Arjun Singh
- Sanjay Dutt as Yash Ambani
- Suniel Shetty as Marcos
- Akshaye Khanna as Raj Ambani
- Sushmita Sen as Kajal Singh
- Kangana Ranaut as Sanjana
- Neetu Chandra as Sophia (Marcos' Girlfriend)
- Paresh Rawal as Zandulal
- Suzanne Bernert as Zandulal's wife Savitri
- Saloni Daini as Tuk Tuk
- Shakti Kapoor as Police Commissioner Khurana
- Ranjeet as Khoka (Marcos' henchman)
- Jeetu Verma as Marcos Goon
- Mukesh Tiwari as Marcos' henchman
- Vishwajeet Pradhan as Dick Laura (Marcos' henchman)
- Suresh Menon as Constable Naidu
- Vijay Raaz as suicidal man.
No Problem garnered mainly negative reviews from Indian critics. Anupama Chopra of NDTV gave one star saying, "No Problem is so staggeringly brain dead and relentlessly tedious that it makes Anees Bazmee’s earlier comedies, Singh is Kinng and Welcome look like classics." Rajeev Masand of CNN-IBN rated it 1/5, describing the film as "2010's most abysmal comedy." Mayank Shekhar of the Hindustan Times also gave it one star suggesting, "Why bother with something hilarious when you can just get downright delirious. Of course, that is if you have no problems of your own to deal with." Raja Sen of Rediff too rated the film 1/5 concluding that "No Problem is devoid of taste, flavour and jokes." Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama gave it 1.5/5 suggesting "No Problem has some funny moments in the first half, but gets agonizing towards the second half." Nikhat Kazmi of the Times of India gave the only positive review: rating the film 3/5 and suggesting that the film "makes you forget your problems, provided you are willing to get goofy and give up your quest for meaning in masala."
The film opened in India to a poor response collecting Rs. 42.5 million on the first day. It showed a jump on Saturday and collected Rs. 50 million. A few single screens had showed small drops in collections but most multiplexes were strong. No Problem collected Rs. 62.5 million on Sunday making its weekend collections up to Rs. 154.9 million. It grossed ₹ 282.5 million by the end of its second week and was declared "Flop" by Box Office India.
|1.||"Babe Di Kripa"||Pritam||Vikrant Singh, Kalpana Patowary||4:02|
|2.||"Mast Punjabi"||Anand Raj Anand||Anand Raj Anand, Sunidhi Chauhan||4:31|
|3.||"No Problem"||Sajid-Wajid||Wajid, Suzanne D'Mello||4:24|
|4.||"Shakira"||Pritam||Master Saleem, Hard Kaur, Kalpana Patowary||4:00|
|5.||"We Are Innocent"||Pritam||Suraj Jagan||4:46|
|6.||"Babe Di Kripa" (Remix)||Pritam||Vikrant Singh, Kalpana Patowary||3:26|
|7.||"Mast Punjabi" (Remix by DJ Suketu)||Anand Raj Anand||Anand Raj Anand, Sunidhi Chauhan||4:48|
|8.||"Shakira" (Remix by DJ Suketu)||Pritam||Master Saleem, Hard Kaur, Kalpana Patowary||4:09|
|Award||Category||Recipients and Nominees||Results|
|International Indian Film Academy Awards||Best Comedian||Anil Kapoor||Nominated|
- Taran Adarsh (2009). "Anil Kapoor finalises the principal cast of 'No Problem'". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 16 June 2009.
- "Movie Review: No Problem". NDTV Movies. Retrieved 14 December 2010.
- "Masand: 'No Problem' is spectacularly stupid". IBN. Retrieved 14 December 2010.
- "Mayank Shekhar's review: No Problem". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 12 December 2010. Retrieved 14 December 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "One more nail in the coffin of comedy". Rediff. Retrieved 14 December 2010.
- "No Problem: Movie Review". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 14 December 2010.
- "No Problem Movie Review". Times of India. Retrieved 14 December 2010.
- "No Problem Has Decent Weekend". BoxofficeIndia.com. Archived from the original on 13 December 2010. Retrieved 14 December 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Tees Maar Khan Takes Huge Opening Reports Negative". Boxofficeindia.com. Archived from the original on 3 June 2013. Retrieved 25 December 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "All India 2010 (Figures in INR Crore)". Boxofficeindia.com. Archived from the original on 30 January 2012. Retrieved 17 March 2012. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Box Office 2010". Boxofficeindia.com. Archived from the original on 29 February 2012. Retrieved 17 March 2012. Cite uses deprecated parameter