New Garia is a neighbourhood located in the eastern part of Garia, Kolkata, India. It is bounded by Eastern Metropolitan Bypass to the north, Baishnabghata-Patuli to the west, Garia railway station to the south and Chak Garia to the east.
Neighbourhood in Kolkata (Calcutta)
|District||South 24 Parganas|
|Metro Station||Kavi Subhash|
|Kolkata suburban railway||New Garia railway station and Garia railway station|
|Municipal Corporation||Kolkata Municipal Corporation|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Area code(s)||+91 33|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Jadavpur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Jadavpur|
New Garia is home to two major bus termini (popularly named as C-5 and 206 after the routes they originally used to serve) and is connected by all varieties of bus services to all parts of the city.
Major roads of New GariaEdit
Places of interestEdit
- Hiland Park is the second tallest tower in Kolkata (after South City) and is located in Chak Garia on the E. M. Bypass.
- Metropolis Mall with INOX, Big Bazaar, Food Court, Bar Lounge located near Hiland Park is a shopper's paradise and food-lover's delight.
- Ambuja Upohar is also a big residential complex close to Garia Metro station.
- Spencer's is also opened as "Food Best" retail shop just besides Bengal Ambuja Upohar Complex
- "South 24 Parganas district".
- "web.archieve.org" (PDF).
- "KMC Wards in South 24 Parganas".
- "Bus routes in Kolkata". kolkataweb.com. Archived from the original on 23 July 2015. Retrieved 26 July 2015.
- "The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) - Metro - Mahalaya debut for Metro AC rakes". telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 26 July 2015.
- "City Metro to launch first AC rake on Mahalaya". The Times of India. Retrieved 26 July 2015.