This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2023)
Vijaya Krishna Naresh (born 20 January 1960), known mononymously as Naresh, is an Indian actor, politician and social activist known for his works predominantly in Telugu cinema and television. He began acting as a child in 1970, and starred in around 200 films in a variety of roles as both lead and supporting actor. Some of the box office successes he appeared in were Rendu Jella Sita (1983), Sreevariki Prema Lekha (1984), Sri Kanaka Mahalaxmi Recording Dance Troupe (1987), Manasu Mamatha (1990), Chitram! Bhalare Vichitram!! (1991) and Jamba Lakidi Pamba (1993). He also received the title H.E. (his Excellency) and received a PhD in arts (his 2nd doctorate) from the United Nations International Commission of Diplomatic Relations Human Rights & Peace group.
Vijaya Krishna Naresh
20 January 1960
|Years active||1970–present (child actor)|
|Spouse(s)||Rekha Supriya (divorced)|
Ramya Raghupati (divorced)
|Parent(s)||Vijaya Nirmala (mother)|
K. S. Murthy (father)
|Family||See Nidudavolu Family|
Early and personal life edit
Naresh is son of actress Vijaya Nirmala and her first husband, K. S. Murthy. He mentioned in a TV interview that his father died when he was young and that he doesn't remember much about him. Naresh was married four times as of 2023. Naresh first married the daughter of senior dance master Srinu and the couple has a son named Naveen Vijaykrishna. Naresh divorced his first wife and married Rekha Supriya, the granddaughter of famous poet and film lyricist Devulapalli Krishna Shastri. The couple also has a son named Teja. Naresh divorced his second wife. He then married Ramya Raghupathi who was 15 years younger than him. The couple has a son. In 2023, he married Kannada actress Pavitra Lokesh.
Naresh made his debut as a child actor in the film Pandanti Kapuram (1972) as well as Kavitha, and Santosh Sowbhagyam. He later made his debut as a lead actor, at the age of 17, with the box office hit Nalugu Stambhalata (1982), directed by Sri Jandhyala and produced by Navata Krishnam Raju. He followed it up with Prema Sankellu (1982), which was directed by his mother Vijaya Nirmala. His other notable works include Rendu Jella Sita (1983), Sreevariki Prema Lekha (1984), Sri Kanaka Mahalaxmi Recording Dance Troupe (1987), Bava Bava Panneeru (1989), Manasu Mamatha (1990), Jamba Lakidi Pamba (1993), and Gunasekhar's Sogasu Chuda Taramaa? (1995). After a small hiatus, he started his second innings as a supporting actor with Allari Ramudu in 2002, and then went on to appear in many memorable films such as: Dhanalakshmi, I Love You (2002), Malliswari (2004), Oka Oorilo (2005), Mee Sreyobhilashi (2007), Andari Bandhuvaya (2010), 100% Love (2011), Chandamama Kathalu and Drushyam (2014), Bhale Bhale Magadivoy (2015), Guntur Talkies (2016), Sathamanam Bhavati (2017), Rangasthalam (2018), and Sammohanam (2018).
He worked as a state youth wing president of AP, and state secretary BJP, state general secretary vice president of BJP and also contested from Hindupur parliamentary seat. He also did a 125 km Padayatra from Icchampally Project to Warangal alongside C. Vidyasagar Rao for linking of "Krishna and Godavari" waters and is active in the Rayalaseema development. He is the founder president of KIV Kalakarula Ikya Vidika an NGO a non-profit and non-governmental organization, which works to protect ancient arts and support artists.
|1970||Rendu Kutumbala Katha|
|Rendu Jella Sita||Gopi|
|1984||Nenjathai Allitha||Tamil film|
|Sreevariki Prema Lekha|
|1987||Damnit Katha Addam Tirigindi|
|Srimathi Oka Bahumathi|
|Sri Kanaka Mahalaxmi Recording Dance Troupe||Gopalam|
|1988||Choopulu Kalasina Shubhavela|
|1989||Bava Bava Panneeru|
|Two Town Rowdy|
|Sahasame Naa Oopiri|
|Hai Hai Nayaka||Ramakrishna|
|Justice Rudrama Devi|
|Naa Pellam Naa Ishtam|
|Prema Enta Madhuram|
|Chitram Bhalare Vichitram||Nimmagadda Rajeswara Rao "Raja"/Prema|
|Pelli Neeku Shubham Naaku|
|1993||Enti Bava Mareenu|
|Asale Pellaina Vanni|
|Jamba Lakidi Pamba|
|Prema Chitram Pelli Vichitram|
|Prema & Co|
|1995||Sogasu Chuda Taramaa?|
|1996||Shri Krishnarjuna Vijayam||Narada|
|Rendu Kutumbala Katha|
|Thoka Leni Pitta|
|1998||Life Lo Wife|
|2000||Hindustan The Mother|
|Dhanalakshmi, I Love You||Babu Rao|
|Malliswari||Prasad 's elder brother|
|2007||Madhumasam||Sanjay's elder brother|
|Mee Sreyobhilashi||Surya Prakash Rao|
|Yamagola Malli Modalayindi||Aishwarya's Father|
|2008||Ankit, Pallavi & Friends|
|Andari Bandhuvaya||Nandu's father|
|2011||100% Love||Ramesh, Balu's father|
|Aadu Magaadra Bujji|
|2014||Malini 22 Palayamkottai||Prakash||Tamil film|
|Nee Enge En Anbe||Home Minister||Tamil film|
|Mike Testing 143|
|Chinnadana Nee Kosam||Nithin's father|
|Bhale Bhale Magadivoy||Hanumantha Rao|
|Subramanyam for Sale||Subramanyam's father|
|2016||Eedu Gold Ehe||Buchchaiah Chowdary|
|Hyper||Narayana Murthy's friend|
|Nenu Sailaja||Hari's father|
|MCA (Middle Class Abbayi)||Nani's uncle|
|Toli Prema||House Owner|
|Chal Mohan Ranga||Mohan's father|
|Pedavi Datani Matokatundhi|
|Happy Wedding||Anand's father|
|Sailaja Reddy Alludu||Venu Reddy|
|Devadas||Mohan, Das's brother|
|Aravinda Sametha Veera Raghava||Saradhi|
|N. T. R.||B. A. Subba Rao|
|24 Kisses||Sri Lakshmi's father|
|2019||1st Rank Raju||Shoban Babu|
|Prati Roju Pandage||Naresh Prasad|
|Disco Raja||Kukuteshwar Rao|
|Uma Maheswara Ugra Roopasya||Babji|
|Amaram Akhilam Prema||Amar's father|
|Orey Bujjiga||Krishnaveni's father|
|Miss India||Siva Rama Krishna|
|Solo Brathuke So Better||Virat's father|
|2021||Jathi Ratnalu||Satish Janardhan|
|Rang De||Arjun's father|
|Sridevi Soda Center||Sanjeev Rao|
|Tuck Jagadish||Sathi Babu|
|Pushpaka Vimanam||School headmaster|
|Arjuna Phalguna||Village Sarpanch|
|Ghani||Ghani's college coach|
|Ante Sundaraniki||Sundar's father|
|Ranga Ranga Vaibhavanga||Rishi's father|
|Swathi Muthyam||Bhagi's father|
|2023||Anni Manchi Sakunamule||Sudhakar|
|Malli Pelli||Narendra||Also Producer|
|Samajavaragamana||Uma Maheswara Rao|
|Martin Luther King|
|1991||Munimanikyam Gari Kantham Kadhalu||Venkata Rao||Doordarshan||Nandi Award for Best Television Actor|
|2001||Amrutham||Icchapurapu Amrutha Rao||Gemini TV|
|2008||Open Heart with RK||Himself||ABN Andhra Jyothi|
|2012||Maa Nanna||Sivaiah||Gemini TV|
|2013||Mahalakshmi Nivasam||Viswanatha Raju||Gemini TV|||
|2019||Alitho Saradaga||Himself||ETV||Episode 114|
|2021||Oka Chinna Family Story||Haridas||ZEE5|
|2022||Modern Love Hyderabad||Amazon Prime Video|
|2023||Maya Bazaar For Sale||ZEE5|
Brahmachaarulam - Chitram Bhalare Vichitram (1992)
Naresh received the state Nandi Award for Best Actor for Sogasu Chuda Taramaa? (1995), the Nandi Special Jury Award for Chitram Bhalare Vichitram (1991), and the platinum award for best feature film, Parampara (2014). He has also received one Television Nandi Award for his work in Doordarshan's Munimanikyam Gari Kantham Kadhalu.
He starred in the films Shrutilayalu (1987), that premiered at the International Film Festival of India and Hindustan The Mother (2000), which premiered at the International Film Festival of India, BFI London Film Festival and Mumbai Film Festival. In 2007 he appeared in Mee Sreyobhilashi, which also premiered at the International Film Festival of India. In 2014, he acted in Parampara, which won the Platinum Award for Best Feature at the International Indonesian Movie Awards, and premiered at the Jakarta International Film Festival.
Naresh received the Servant Of The Poor award on the occasion of the 4th national meet of CNRI held during 4–6 November 2009 at New Delhi, presented by the union Minister for Rural Development C. P. Joshi.
- Nandi Award for Best Actor – Sogasu Chuda Taramaa? (1994)
- Nandi Special Jury Award – Chitram Bhalare Vichitram (1991)
- Nandi Award for Best Character Actor - Parampara (2013)
- Nandi Award for Best Character Actor - Sathamanam Bhavati (2017)
- Best Character Actor Award - Sathamanam Bhavati (2017) at 17th Santosham Film Awards
- Nandi Best Actor Television – Munimanikyam Gari Kantham Kadhalu (1991)
- SVR Character Award - Sathamanam Bhavati (2017)
- Received the title H.E. (his Excellency) and received a PhD in arts from the U.N. ICDRHRP (2018)
- "Telugu actor-director, Guinness Record holder, Vijaya Nirmala passes away at 73". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 30 August 2020.
- Atluri, Sri. "Nalugu Stambhalata (1982)". Telugu Cinema. Retrieved 16 July 2023.
- Srinivas, M. (2 November 2014). "Acting my profession, politics passion: Naresh". The Hindu. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- "Check out lists of Movies by #Naresh(teluguActor) #Filmography". Filmibeat.com. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- "Actor Naresh plays father roles - Telugu Movie News". IndiaGlitz.com. 11 December 2009. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- "United Nations Organization To Honour Naresh Photos". Teluguodu.com. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- "United Nations organization to Honour Naresh". TFPC. 20 March 2018. Archived from the original on 23 March 2018. Retrieved 1 September 2019.
- "I want to be an all-rounder actor: Actor Naresh VK". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 24 February 2021.
- Senior Actor Naresh Over His Marriage Controversies | Open Heart With RK | ABN Telugu, retrieved 1 July 2021
- Kavirayani, Suresh (5 April 2016). "Rekha and I are still friends: Naresh". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 1 September 2019.
- Chowdhoury, Sunita Y (8 August 2011). "With hope in her heart". The Hindu. Retrieved 1 September 2019.
- Kavirayani, Suresh (11 February 2014). "We are Family". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 1 September 2019 – via Pressreader.
- "Actor Naresh 3 Wives: You will be shocked to know who Naresh's 3 wives and children are..! | Naresh three wives full details in this video". 9 July 2022. Retrieved 31 December 2022.
- "Senior Actor Naresh | Open Heart With RK Full Episode | ABN Telugu". YouTube.
- Chowdhary, Y. Sunita (26 June 2011). "my first break NARESH". The Hindu.
- "MAA New Committee - Movie Artist Association". Thetelugufilmnagar.com. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- "The new beginning". Deccan Chronicle. 22 December 2013.
- "Naresh Actor's Foundation to protect Arts and Artists, Kalakaarula Ikya Vedika Ananthapur". kivonline.org. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- "State bifurcation has affected traditional art forms, says Naresh". The Hindu. 20 November 2018. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 1 September 2019.
- CHADARANGAM | TELUGU FULL MOVIE | NARESH | BHANU PRIYA | SARADA | SATHYANARAYANA | V9 Videos, retrieved 31 October 2023
- "Paga Saadhistha (1987)". Indiancine.ma. Retrieved 27 October 2023.
- "Prajala Manishi (1990) | V CINEMA - Movie, Review, Cast, Songs & Release Date". www.vcinema.com. Retrieved 6 November 2023.
- "Telugu Tv Serials No 23 Mahalakshmi Nivasam - Nettv4u". Netty4u.com. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- "Naresh's Parampara Awarded Platinum Award In Indonesia". Filmibeat.com. 26 September 2014. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- "Hey hhro Naresh Open Heart with RK part 2 of 2". YouTube.
- "Directorate of Film Festival" (PDF). Iffi.nic.in. Archived from the original (PDF) on 11 July 2011. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "Latest Releases". Pib.nic.in.
- "HINDUSTAN THE MOTHER". BFI. Archived from the original on 6 October 2014.
- "Mumbai Film Festival – Archives". Mumbaifilmfest.org.
- "Telugu cinema news -". Idlebrain.com.
- "International recognition for 'Parampara'". Indiaglitz.com. 25 September 2014.
- "Parampara Telugu Movie 2014". Paramparathemovie.com. Archived from the original on 23 September 2014. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "Tollywood movie star pays a visit to Bedfordshire". Beds.ac.uk. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- Stories, Prajasakti News. "యుఎన్ఓ కౌన్సిల్ జనరల్గా నరేశ్". Prajasakti.com. Retrieved 18 July 2018.