Prati Roju Pandage
Prati Roju Pandage (transl. Every Day is a Festival) is a 2019 Indian Telugu-language comedy-drama film written and directed by Maruthi Dasari. The film was produced by Bunny Vas under UV Creations and GA2 Pictures with Sai Dharam Tej, Raashi Khanna, Sathyaraj and Rao Ramesh in lead roles. The technical crew includes Jaikumar behind the camera, S. Thaman composing music and Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao handling editing duties. The movie depicts the relationship between a grandson and his grandfather and on how the society treats old people.
|Prathi Roju Pandage|
|Directed by||Maruthi Dasari|
|Written by||Deva Datta|
|Screenplay by||Maruthi Dasari|
|Story by||Maruthi Dasari|
|Produced by||Bunny Vasu|
Allu Aravind (Presenter)
|Edited by||Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao|
|Music by||S. Thaman|
|Box office||est. ₹58 crore|
Raghu Ramayya is over 75 years old. One day, Raghu Ramayya goes to a hospital and asks Dr. Bharath about his condition. Bharath tells him that he has lung cancer. Raghu Ramayya informs his eldest son Anand Rao that he has cancer. Anand Rao asks Bharath how much time his father has. Bharath replies that he has very little time to live. Even though Anand Rao was skeptical about it, he plans to come to India with his siblings. Meanwhile, Sai Tej gets to know the conditions his grandfather is suffering from and travels to India to stay with him and fulfill his wishes. While he was in India, Raghu Ramayya suggests him to marry his friend's, Surya Narayan, granddaughter, Angel Aarna. But Anand Rao fixes a marriage plan with his boss' (Dhamodhar) daughter. Anand Rao gets to know that Sai Tej is in love with Angel Aarna and he also gets to know that Raghu Ramayya is behind this. After a few weeks, Raghu Ramayya's kids come to India to take care of him. Raghu Ramayya gets so happy and one day he passes out. He is immediately taken to a hospital, Anand Rao thinking that his dad is dead tells this to Dhamodhar. But after a few minutes, Bharath comes and tells the real news that Raghu Ramayya was not dead but due to much happiness(of seeing his kids) had fainted, and Anand Rao realizes he is in big trouble. As days pass on, everyone gets frustrated because they are staying in India for too long and the workload is getting too much. To keep them here, Sai Tej creates a fake "surprise" so that they can stay here and look after their father. One fine day, the whole family does a ritual. While Nagaraju and Nagaraju's brother comes to the family to warn them they will have to take the property that Raghu Ramayya visits every day. But Sai Tej beats them up. Later that day, Dhamodhar comes to India to visit Anand Rao and console him. But he learns the truth and he scolds him. Now, Anand Rao gets angry at his father and he blames him for what has happened. Everyone leaves him and back to their home except Sai Tej. But Raghu Ramayya gets seriously ill and he is admitted to the hospital. Sai Tej calls his dad and tells him that his father is dead but he says that he cannot attend the death ritual. Eventually the other two brothers and the only sister of Anand Rao also deny. But they suggest that Sai Tej do the rituals and they will attend it through video call. Sai Tej gets angry after hearing this and in the video call shows that he was not doing the ritual to his grandfather but to his father,uncles and aunt. Seeing this, they get frustrated and they come back to India to confront him. But Sai Tej tells them how Raghu Ramayya contributed to their children's well-being and how he wanted that all of his kids and grandsons and granddaughters have a bright future. All of them regret for treating their father so badly in his older days and cry and realize their mistake. And to everyone's surprise, Sai Tej tells them that their father is not dead and is alive. Then, Raghu Ramayya comes and all the family reconcile. Later, Sai Tej and Angel Aarna marry. And in the end credits, it is shown that when Raghu Ramayya was going to fall all his kids hold him and save him. And when he asks to them for his stick, they say that there is no need of stick because they are there as his stick.
- Sai Dharam Tej as Sai Tej
- Raashi Khanna as "Angel" Aarna
- Sathyaraj as Raghu Ramayya
- Rao Ramesh as Anand Rao
- Vijayakumar as Surya Narayan
- Naresh as Naresh Prasad
- Murali Sharma as Dhamodhar
- Ajay as Nagaraju
- Satyam Rajesh as Nagaraju's brother
- Gayatri Bharghavi as Raghu Ramayya's daughter
- Hari Teja as Geetha
- Praveen as Harish
- Bharath Reddy as Dr. Bharath
- Prabha as Jaanaki "Jaanu"
- Suhas as Suhas, Sai's friend
- Mahesh Achanta as Raghu Ramayya's assistant
- Srikanth Iyyengar as Sai's uncle
- Bhadram as Geetha's brother
The regular filming started in early July in Hyderabad. The production moved to Rajamundry for the village sequences in September 2019.
|Prati Roju Pandage|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Studio||YRF Studios, V Studios|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|S. Thaman chronology|
The music was composed by S. Thaman.
|1.||"Prati Roju Pandaage"||KK||Sri Krishna||3:44|
|2.||"Oo Baava"||KK||Satya Yamini, Mohana Bhogaraju, Hari Teja||3:58|
|3.||"Thakita Thakita"||Kasarla Shyam||Rahul Sipligunj, Geetha Madhuri||3:44|
|4.||"Chinnataname"||Sirivennela Seetharama Sastry||Vijay Yesudas||3:43|
|5.||"You Are My High"||Srijo||Raashi Khanna, Deepu, Rahul Nambiar||2:58|
The film was released on 20 December 2019. It was later dubbed and released in Hindi as Har Din Diwali by Goldmines Telefilms on 15 November 2020.
In two days Prati Roju Pandage collected ₹12.09 crores gross and ₹7 crores share worldwide. In four days, the movie collected ₹25 crores gross worldwide. In six days, the movie collected ₹33.80 crores gross and ₹18.43 crores share worldwide. In the full run, Prati Roju Pandage collected ₹62 crores gross and ₹34 crores share worldwide and emerged as the highest grossing movie of both Maruthi and Sai Dharam Tej.
Y Sunita Chowdhary of The Hindu wrote " The film has nice visuals and the content is strong as it focuses on sensitivity towards family values, especially in the climax. Maruti deserves a pat for his simple and straight dialogues and Sai Dharam Tej does well in disciplining the elders".Firstpost gave 3.25 out of 5 stars stating "Prathi Roju Pandage into a discourse on how we engage with our parents and grandparents in their old age. It has its share of laughs and emotional moments. It manages to deliver what it sets out to achieve, even if the journey is a little shaky in a few stretches".The Times of India gave 2.5 out of 5 stars stating "Satyaraj, Rao Ramesh, Murli Sharma, Hari Teja and Raashi Khanna, even in the limited role, hit the ball out of the park. The cinematography by Jayakumar is apt and Thaman S' BGM works well for the film. Prati Roju Pandaage has ample moments that’ll make you smile and relate to the characters, if not anything else".
- "Pratiroju Pandaage Movie Review: Predictable but saved by good performances". timesofindia. Retrieved 20 December 2019.
- "2019లో భారీ వసూళ్లు రాబట్టిన సినిమాలివే." [Highest grossing films of 2019]. Sakshi (in Telugu). 31 December 2019. Retrieved 6 August 2020.
- "Watch: Teaser of 'Prathi Roju Pandage' promises a family entertainer". The News Minute. Retrieved 29 October 2019.[permanent dead link]
- "Tollywood buzz: Nithiin's 29th film titled Rang De!, Sai Dharam Tej's Prati Roju Pandage launched in Hyderabad". Indian Express. 24 June 2019. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- "Prathiroju Pandage in Rajamundry". Idream. Retrieved 29 October 2019.
- "Sai Dharam Tej's Prati Roju Pandaage to clash with these two films. See inside". Times of India. 2 December 2019. Retrieved 2 December 2019.
- "pratiroju pandage". telugubulletin. 4 February 2020. Retrieved 11 March 2020.
- "Prathi Roju Pandage overtakes Balakrishna's Ruler at box office on 2nd day". International Business Times. 22 December 2019. Retrieved 30 December 2019.
- "Prathi Roju Pandage box office collection day 4: Sai Dharam film crosses Rs 25 crore mark". International Business Times. 23 December 2019. Retrieved 30 December 2019.
- "Prathi Roju Pandage 6-day box office collection: SDT film makes 100% recovery, turns hit". International Business Times. 26 December 2019. Retrieved 30 December 2019.
- Chowdhary, Y. Sunita (20 December 2019). "'Prati Roju Pandage' movie review: The casting and performances make this an entertaining cocktail". The Hindu. Retrieved 30 December 2019.
- "Prathi Roju Pandage movie review: Sathyaraj, Rao Ramesh are terrific but film could've been more consistently engaging". Firstpost. 20 December 2019. Retrieved 30 December 2019.
- "Pratiroju Pandaage Movie Review : Predictable but saved by good performances". Times of India. 20 December 2019. Retrieved 30 December 2019.