Srinivasa Kalyanam (2018 film)
Srinivasa Kalyanam (English: The Marriage of Srinivasa) is a 2018 Telugu romantic drama film produced by Dil Raju on Sri Venkateswara Creations banner and directed by Satish Vegesna. The film stars Nithin, Raashi Khanna, and Nandita Swetha in the lead roles and has music composed by Mickey J. Meyer. The film released on 9 August 2018.
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Satish Vegesna|
|Produced by||Dil Raju|
|Written by||Satish Vegesna|
|Music by||Mickey J. Meyer|
|Budget||est. ₹25.5 crore|
The movie deals with the importance of marriage and the traditional values associated with it. Srinivas "Vasu" (Nithin) is a traditional guy who believes that marriage is the greatest festival in life and not just an event, but a beautiful moment. He lives away from his family. His cousin Padmavathi "Paddu" (Nandita Swetha) is in love with him and decides to propose him on the day he arrives. Vasu works as an architect in Chandigarh and meets Sridevi "Sri" (Raashi Khanna), who does several petty jobs for a living. They both eventually fall in love with each other. After the marriage of their friend Priya, they both realize that they are meant for each other, and Vasu proposes to Sri. Sri is a rich girl who lives a normal life as suggested by her father, R. K. (Prakash Raj), to understand people before taking part in his business. R. K. believes that marriage is an event in one's life and is not worth wasting a lot of time. Vasu informs R. K. about his love and asks for his permission. Both families meet and agree for their marriage, much to Paddu's disappointment. However, R. K. asks Vasu to sign the premarital agreement before he marries Sri, which he does. He then asks R. K. to promise to be present in everything that has to be done by bride's father. Vasu changes the views of R. K. about traditional marriages through his words and actions. On the wedding day, Sri's sister Kavya (Poonam Kaur) finds the agreement papers, while Paddu confesses her love to Vasu, who says that he always treated her as a friend, and even though he had not fell for Sri, he would never accept her love. On the altar, Vasu feels it wrong to keep the secret of the agreement and apologizes to his family until Kavya arrives with the agreement. Then, R. K. speaks how Vasu changed him and tears the papers. Sri forgives Vasu, and both happily get married. In the end credits, it is told that many people's lives changed due to their wedding, including Kavya who reconciles with her husband Siddhu, from whom she wanted to divorce.
- Nithin as Srinivas "Vasu"
- Raashi Khanna as Sridevi "Sri"
- Nandita Swetha as Padmavati "Paddu"
- Rajendra Prasad as Ramaraju, Vasu's father
- Aamani as Seeta, Vasu's mother
- Prakash Raj as R. K. , Sri's father
- Sithara as Lakshmi, Sri's mother
- Jayasudha as Vasu's grandmother
- Naresh as Raju, Padmavati's father
- Mamilla Shailaja Priya as Sarada, Padmavati's mother
- Poonam Kaur as Kavya, Sri's sister
- Ajay as Ajay, wedding planner
- Prabhas Sreenu as Seenu
- Praveen as Praveen, Vasu's friend
- Vidyullekha Raman as Bujji, Vasu's friend
- Satyam Rajesh as Rajesh, Vasu's friend
- Hari Teja as Shanti, Rajesh's wife
- RJ Hemath as Shekhar, Vasu's friend
- Josh Ravi as Prabhu, Vasu's friend
- Mahesh Achanta as Veerababu, servant
- Meena as Vasu's paternal aunt
- Siva Krishna as Vasu's grandfather
- Prabhu as Vasu's cousin
- Annapurna as Vasu's relative
- Giri Babu as Vasu's relative
- Rajitha as Vasu's relative
- Subhalekha Sudhakar as Minister
- Sivannarayana Naripeddi as Rao
- Duvvasi Mohan as Minister's PA
- Deekshitulu as Priest
- Namala Murthy
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||22 July 2018|
|Producer||Mickey J. Meyer|
|Mickey J. Meyer chronology|
|1.||"Kalyanam Vaibhogam"||Sri Mani||SP Balu||3:56|
|2.||"Ekkada Nuvvunte"||Sri Mani||Dhanunjay||4:13|
|3.||"Ithadena Ithadena"||Sri Mani||Shreya Ghoshal||2:57|
|4.||"Modalaudaam"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Sunitha Upadrashta, Anurag Kulkarni||4:12|
|5.||"Something Something"||Sri Mani||Anurag Kulkarni, Sravana Bhargavi||3:02|
|6.||"Vinavamma Toorupu Chukka"||Sri Mani||Sunitha Upadrashta||4:22|
|7.||"Kalyanam Vaibhogam (Climax Version)"||Sri Mani||SP Balu||3:23|
- "'More star power for Srinivasa Kalyanam". Deccan Chronicle.
- "Srinivasa Kalyanam' review: Wedding video with a preachy tone". The Hindu.
- "Tollywood box office report of 2018: highest grossing Telugu movies of year; List of hits and flops". 23 November 2018.
- "Srinivasa Kalyanam jeevi review". Idlebarin.com.
- "Srinivasa Kalyanam' review". The Times of India.
- "Srinivasa Kalyanam Review: Preachy tale about age-old wedding traditions". India Today.
- "Srinivasa Kalyanam Review : A Class film portraying rich traditions !". Telugu 360.
- "Srinivasa Kalyanam (U) (2018)". Filmibeat.
- "Srinivasa Kalyanam (Music)". Saavn.com.