Mukhalingam is a village panchayat in Srikakulam district of Andhra Pradesh, India. It was the erstwhile capital of the Eastern Ganga dynasty. It is home to a group of three Śiva temples - Madhukeswara, Someswara, Bhimeswara - which have been variously dated by historians from late eighth century to early eleventh century CE. The village is located on the left bank of Vamsadhara river at a distance of 48 km from Srikakulam town.
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle Registration||AP30 (Former)|
AP39 (from 30 January 2019)
Mukhalingam is located at  It has an average elevation of 28 metres (92 ft)..
- Total Population: 3,022 in 837 Households
- Male Population: 1,504 and Female Population: 1,518
- Children under six years of age: 265 (Boys - 139 and Girls - 126)
- Literacy rate: 63.58%
The dating of the temples has been contested among historians. The temples have been variously dated from late eighth century to eleventh century CE. The earliest among them was constructed in the late eighth or early ninth century and the latest one dates to early eleventh century. Every year famous Chakratirtha Snana (holy bath) is taken by pilgrims. Lakhs of pilgrims visit from Odisha and Andhra Pradesh on the auspicious day to take the holy bath and take blessings of Lord Shiva.
- "New 'AP 39' code to register vehicles in Andhra Pradesh launched". The New Indian Express. Vijayawada. 31 January 2019. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- Murthy, K. Krishna (1987). Glimpses of Art, Architecture, and Buddhist Literature in Ancient India. Abhinav Publications. p. 71. ISBN 978-81-7017-226-0.
- Davidson, Ronald M. (2004). Indian Esoteric Buddhism: Social History of the Tantric Movement. Motilal Banarsidass Publ. p. 342. ISBN 978-81-208-1991-7.
- "Maps, Weather, and Airports for Mukhalingam, India". www.fallingrain.com. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- "Mukhalingam Village Population - Jalumuru - Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh". www.census2011.co.in. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- Linda, Mary F. (1 January 1990). "Nārāyaṇapuram: A Tenth Century Site in Kaliṅga". Artibus Asiae. 50 (3/4): 232–262. doi:10.2307/3250071. JSTOR 3250071.
- Kapoor, Subodh (2002). The Indian Encyclopaedia: Meya-National Congress. Cosmo Publications. p. 4967. ISBN 978-81-7755-273-7.
- Kumari, M. Krishna (1990). Social and Cultural Life in Medieval Andhra. Discovery Publishing House. p. 151. ISBN 978-81-7141-102-3.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mukhalingam.|