List of contemporary Iranian scientists, scholars, and engineers
(Redirected from Modern Iranian scientists and engineers)
- Behnaam Aazhang, professor, Rice University
- Akbar Adibi, electronic engineer, VLSI researcher, professor of engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology 
- Majid Adibzadeh, scholar and Political scientist
- Haleh Afshar, academic and peer, University of York
- Masoud Alimohammadi, assassinated quantum field theorist and elementary-particle physicist
- Abbas Amanat, professor of history and international studies at Yale University 
- Shahram Amiri
- Anousheh Ansari, the world's first female space tourist, co-founder and chairman of Prodea Systems, Inc., co-founder and former CEO of Telecom Technologies, Inc. (TTI)
- Farhad Ardalan, physicist, IPM
- Nima Arkani-Hamed, professor, Institute for Advanced Study
- Nasser Ashgriz, professor of mechanical and industrial engineering, University of Toronto
- Touraj Atabaki, professor of social history of the Middle East and Central Asia, Department of History, University of Amsterdam
- Reza Amrollahi, Physicist and the former president of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran
- Mehdi Bahadori, professor of mechanical engineering
- Hossein Baharvand, professor of stem cell and developmental biology, and director of Royan Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Technology
- Shaul Bakhash, historian, George Mason University
- Asef Bayat, professor of sociology and Middle East Studies at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Nariman Behravesh, chief economist and executive vice president, Global Insight
- Mahmoud Behzad, pioneer Iranian biologist
- Mina Bissell, director of UC Berkeley Life Sciences Division
- Nasir Gebelli, computer scientist and video game developer
- Zoubin Ghahramani, professor of information engineering, Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge
- Mohammed Ghanbari, professor, University of Essex
- Mehdi Golshani, professor, Sharif University of Technology
- Vartan Gregorian, president, Carnegie Corporation of New York
- Mohammad Reza Hafeznia, professor, University of Tehran
- Ali Hajimiri, Caltech, co-founder of Axiom Microdevices Inc.
- Majid Hassanizadeh, professor of hydrogeology; expertise: theories of porous media (Utrecht University, the Netherlands)
- Babak Hassibi, professor of electrical engineering, Caltech
- Mahmoud Hessaby, physicist, father of modern physics in Iran (Persia)
- Payam Heydari, professor of electrical engineering and computer science, University of California, Irvine 
- Eric Hooglund, professor of political science
- Naser Kamalian, medical scholar and the father of modern neuropathology in Iran
- Mehran Kardar, physicist, MIT
- Ahmad Karimi-Hakkak, founding director of Center for Persian Studies, University of Maryland
- Homayoon Kazerooni, professor of mechanical engineering at the University of California, Berkeley, co-founder and Chief Scientist of Berkeley Bionics, inventor of the HULC
- Shaygan Kheradpir, chief operating officer, Barclays
- Omid Kordestani, senior vice president of worldwide sales and field operations, Google
- Farinaz Koushanfar, researcher and engineer
- Caro Lucas, scientist; professor and founding director of the Center of Excellence for Control and Intelligent Processing (CIPCE), School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Tehran; researcher at the School of Cognitive Sciences (SCS), Institute for Studies in Theoretical Physics and Mathematics (IPM), Tehran
- Esfandiar Maasoumi, Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society, Southern Methodist University
- Iraj Malekpour, professor of space physics
- Alireza Mashaghi, professor of systems biomedicine and physics, Leiden University and Harvard University
- Abbas Milani, director of Iranian Studies Program, Stanford University
- Farzaneh Milani, director of studies in women and gender, University of Virginia
- Maryam Mirzakhani, mathematician and a professor of mathematics at Stanford University, and first woman to be awarded the Fields Medal
- Parviz Moin, Franklin P. and Caroline M. Johnson Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University
- Ali Montazeri, public health scientist at the Health Metrics Research Center of the Iranian Institute for Health Sciences Research
- Mohsen Mostafavi, dean of Cornell University College of Architecture, Art, and Planning
- Hamid Mowlana, director of the Division of International Communication at American University in Washington D.C., and former president of the International Association for Media and Communication Research
- Firouz Naderi, associate director, Project Formulation and Strategy, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, NASA
- Hossein Nasr, philosopher, George Washington University
- Farzad Nazem, former chief technical officer and executive vice president, Yahoo!
- Camran Nezhat, director of Stanford Endoscopy Center for Training & Technology, Stanford University
- Mehrdad Nikoonahad, vice president of business development, PDF Solutions, Inc.
- Kaveh Pahlavan, professor and director of CWINS, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Hashem Pesaran, fellow of Trinity College, Fellow of The British Academy, former director of the Applied Econometrics Program at UCLA, founding editor of the Journal of Applied Econometrics, Cambridge University
- Flora Peyvandi, Flora Peyvandi, MD, PhD, Professor of Internal Medicine, Director of the Angelo Bianchi Bonomi Haemophilia and Thrombosis Centre, Fondazione IRCCS Ca’ Granda, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milan, Italy,
- Ali R. Rabi, founding chair of the Middle East Citizens Assembly, University of Maryland
- Yahya Rahmat-Samii, professor of electromagnetics at UCLA
- Sohrab Rohani, chair, Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, University of Western Ontario
- Mostafa Ronaghi, chief technology officer and senior vice president of Illumina
- Pardis Sabeti, geneticist, assistant professor, Center for Systems Biology and Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology, Harvard University
- Hossein Sadri, dean, associate professor of architectural theory, Girne American University
- Reihaneh Safavi-Naini, cryptographer, professor in School of Computer Science, University of Wollongong
- Muhammad Sahimi, chair of Chemical Engineering Department, University of Southern California
- Farrokh Saidi, medical professor and administrator, permanent member of Iranian Academy of Medical Sciences
- Jawad Salehi, inventor of optical code division multiple access, professor of electrical engineering at Sharif University of Technology
- Majid Samii, neurosurgeon and scientist, president of the International Society for Neurosurgery
- Mohammad-Nabi Sarbolouki, professor of macromolecular physical chemistry, Tehran University
- Hossein Seifzadeh, professor of Department of Political Sciences, University of Tehran
- Cyrus Shahabi, chair of the Computer Science Department, University of Southern California
- Alireza Shapour Shahbazi, lecturer in Achaemenid archeology and Iranology at Harvard University; full professor of history in Eastern Oregon University, Eastern Oregon University
- Mohammad Shahidehpour, former dean of the Graduate College and Associate VP for Research, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Freidoon Shahidi, university research professor, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Manuchehr Shahrokhi, Craig Fellow/professor, editor of the Global Finance Journal, California State University, Fresno
- Vahid Shams Kolahi, solid-state physicist with contribution to CIGS and CdTe solar cells
- Amir Ali Sheibany, professor of geology, University of Tehran; founder and chairman of the National Iranian Steel Corporation (ZobAhan AryaMehr)
- Saeed Shirkavand, former vice minister in Ministry of Economic Affairs and Finance (Iran), assistant professor in management faculty of University of Tehran
- Hamid Shirvani, president and professor of art and architecture, Briar Cliff University
- Amin Shokrollahi, professor of I&C faculty and the head of ALGO lab, EPFL, Switzerland
- Gholam Reza Sinambari, chair of Department of Environmental Engineering, Fachhochschule Bingen
- Hamid Soltanian-Zadeh, senior scientist, Henry Ford Health System; professor of electrical and computer engineering, University of Tehran
- Saba Soomekh, professor of religious studies and Middle Eastern history at UCLA, and author of books and articles on contemporary and historical Iranian Jewish culture
- Abdolkarim Soroush, philosopher
- Ali Akbar Salehi, Physicist and the president of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran
- Alireza Yaghoubi, materials scientist, designer and entrepreneur
- Ehsan Yarshater, distinguished professor, Columbia University
- Houman Younessi, professor, assistant dean of academics, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute – Hartford Graduate Campus; director of Rensselaer Initiative in Systems Engineering (RISE)
- Lotfi A. Zadeh, creator of fuzzy logic and fuzzy set, UC Berkeley
- Mehdi Zakerian, visiting professor, Penn Law, University of Pennsylvania, president of Iranian International Studies Association (IISA), editor-in-chief of International Studies Journal
- Esmail Zanjani, department chair of Department of Animal Biotechnology at University of Nevada, Reno
- Abdolhossein Zarrinkoob, scholar of Iranian literature, history of literature, Persian culture and history, professor at Tehran University
- "Akbar Adibi". Aut.ac.ir. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Professor Haleh Afshar". York.ac.uk. Archived from the original on 2005-02-07.
- "Abbas Amanat | Department of History". history.yale.edu. Retrieved 2017-03-08.
- "Prof. N. Ashgriz – Multi-phase Flow Laboratory". Mie.toronto.edu. Archived from the original on 2008-09-30. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Prof. dr Touraj Atabaki". Archived from the original on 2003-08-29.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-12-10. Retrieved 2012-09-10.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Nariman Behravesh. "Global Insight // // Experts // Nariman Behravesh". Globalinsight.com. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Mina J. Bissell, Ph.D". Archived from the original on 2003-09-08.
- Abbas Edalat's Home Page Archived 2007-01-16 at the Wayback Machine
- "Kamran Elahian: Chairman & Co-Founder". Archived from the original on 2001-06-29.
- "Emory Physics: Fereydoon Family". Physics.emory.edu. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Zoubin Ghahramani". Learning.eng.cam.ac.uk. 2005-12-10. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- Mohammed Ghanbari. "Home Page for Mohammed Ghanbari". Privatewww.essex.ac.uk. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Home Page for Mehdi Golshani". www.sharif.ac.ir. Retrieved 2017-10-03.
- "Carnegie Corporation – About". Carnegie.org. Archived from the original on 2010-01-05. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Caltech.edu". Its.caltech.edu. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Home of Babak Hassibi". Systems.caltech.edu. Archived from the original on 2011-10-03. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Ali Jafari". Ready2Net. Archived from the original on 2002-12-26.
- "MIT Physics Faculty: Mehran Kardar". Web.mit.edu. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Ahmad Karimi-Hakkak". Archived from the original on 2006-03-08.
-  Archived 2015-07-19 at the Wayback Machine, University of California, Berkeley
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-08-31. Retrieved 2011-11-05.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link), Berkeley Robotics and Human Engineering Laboratory
- "Corporate Information – Google Management". Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Caro Lucas". University of Tehran. Archived from the original on 2010-10-24. Retrieved 2010-11-30.
- "Esfandiar Maasoumi, Ph.D." Archived from the original on 2006-08-16.
- "Parviz Moin". Archived from the original on 2008-05-19.
- "CV at the Institute of Health Sciences" (PDF). Retrieved 21 February 2017. Linked from Departmental web page
- "Mohsen Mostafavi is dean of AAP". News.cornell.edu. 2004-04-15. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "School of International Service at American University – Hamid Mowlana". American.edu. Archived from the original on 2013-02-03. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Yahoo! Media Relations – Farzad Nazem Bio". Docs.yahoo.com. Archived from the original on 2007-07-03. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Camran Nezhat, M.D." Archived from the original on 2002-06-04.
- "PDF Solutions® Names Semiconductor Industry Innovator Dr. Mehrdad Nikoonahad Vice President, Business Development". Archived from the original on 2006-03-28.
- "BW Online | December 3, 2001 | Online Extra: Q&A with eBay's Pierre Omidyar". Businessweek.com. 2001-12-03. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- http://www.wpi.edu/cgi-bin/ldap-html?name=kaveh[permanent dead link]
- "» Staff". Econ.cam.ac.uk. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Institute for the Study of Labor". IZA. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "ROHANI, Sohrab". Archived from the original on 2005-04-08.
- "Dr. Sahimi in ChE@USC". Archived from the original on 2002-12-16.
- Alireza Shapour Shahbazi
- "وزارت امور اقتصادی و دارایی".
- "en:group [Algo]". Algo.epfl.ch. 2010-09-13. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Ehsan Yarshater Home Page – a prominent scholar in Persian language & literature, editor of the Encyclopedia Iranica". Perlit.sailorsite.net. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- Rensselaer Hartford – DOES Faculty and Staff Archived 2007-06-30 at the Wayback Machine
- Animal Biotechnology Directory, University of Nevada, Reno