Atomic Energy Organization of Iran
The AEOI flag
|Headquarters||North Karegar Avenue, Tehran, Iran|
|Ali Akbar Salehi|
It is headquartered in northern Amir Abad district in Tehran, but has facilities throughout the country. The organization is currently headed by Ali Akbar Salehi, who was named to replace Fereydoon Abbasi 15 August 2013.
- Nuclear Fuel Production Division (NFPD): Research and development on the nuclear fuel cycle, including uranium exploration, mining, milling, conversion, and nuclear waste management; departments include Jaber Ibn Hayan Research Dept., Exploration and Mining Dept., Benefication and Hydrometallurgical Research Center, Nuclear Fuel Research and Production Center, Waste Management Dept., and Saghand Mining Dept.
- Nuclear Power Plant Division (NPPD): Responsible for planning, construction, commissioning, decommissioning and nuclear safety of nuclear power plants in Iran.
- Engineering and Technical Supervision Department (ETSD): Design, review, evaluation and approval of engineering and technical documents, participation and quality control.
- Research Division: Responsible for planning and guiding research projects; has eight affiliated research centers: Nuclear Research Center, Research Center for Lasers and their Application; Nuclear Fusion Research Center, Gamma Irradiation Center, Center for Renewable Energy Development, Nuclear Research Center for Agriculture and Medicine (Karaj), Yazd Radiation Processing Center, and Bonab Research Center.
- International Affairs Department (IAD): Oversees cooperation with AEOI counterparts abroad and drafts documents on AEOI policies; maintains a delegation at the IAEA in Vienna, Austria and one in Moscow, Russia.
|1||Akbar Etemad||1974 to 1979|
|Fereydun Sahabi (Acting)||1979 to 1981|
|2||Reza Amrollahi||1981 to 1997|
|3||Gholam Reza Aghazadeh||1997 to 2009|
|4||Ali Akbar Salehi||2009 to 2010|
|Mohammad Ahmadian (Acting)||2010 to 2011|
|5||Fereydoon Abbasi||2011 to 2013|
|6||Ali Akbar Salehi (second term)||2013 to present|
- "Iran appoints pragmatist Salehi to head nuclear program". Reuters. 16 August 2013. Retrieved 17 August 2013.