Minnaminnikootam (2008) is a Malayalam film directed by Kamal. It stars Narain, Meera Jasmine, Indrajith, Jayasurya, Roma, Samvrutha, Anoop Chandran and Radhika in the lead roles. The score and soundtrack is composed by Bijibal. The story of the film revolves around a group of youngsters working in an IT park.
|Distributed by||Mulakuppadam Release|
Sidharth (Indrajith) and his wife Mumthas (Samvrutha Sunil) are two highly paid IT professionals who are trying to overcome the crisis of their love marriage. They have many friends: Manikkunju (Jayasurya), Abhilash (Narain), Charulatha (Meera Jasmine), Rose Mary (Roma) and Kalyani (Radhika). They visit Sidharthan’s flat for unwinding after work and consider their home an escape from stressful work. Some unusual things happen which change their lives.
Abhilash and Charu argue and fight. At the end of these simple fights, they come to the home of Sidhu and Momu to chill out. Charu was living a life that was surrounded only by her father from when she was 5 years old. A wedding meet between the families of Abhi and Charu causes Charu's father to start drinking after 15 years. This causes a major break up between Charu and Abhi. On a trip to Chennai, for Mani's and Rose's marriage and for Abhi's marriage with his father's friend's daughter, Charu runs away to Bangalore and later moves abroad.
The story returns from flashback when Charu leaves for Bangalore. The flashback started when Charu read an email from Kalyani informing about her marriage. Charu attends the marriage and there she meets the old members of her "Minnaminnikootam". However, none of them shows any friendship with her. She returns to the airport and Abhi comes and sits beside her. He asks for them to go for a drive and takes her to Sidhu's house where she is emotionally greeted by her friends and receives the message of surprise. Abhi was never going to marry anyone else. He was planning on marrying Charu even if he didn't have her permission. Finally friends unit and Abhi and Charu decide to get married.
- Meera Jasmine as Charulatha/Charu
- Narain as Abhilash/Abhi
- Indrajith as Sidhaarth/Siddhu
- Jayasurya as Manikunju/Achayan
- Roma as Rosemary/Rose
- Samvrutha as Mumtaz/Mummu
- Anoop Chandran as Partha Saradhi/Paachan
- Radhika as Kalyani
- Saikumar as Charulatha's father
- Janardhanan as Karaparamban, Charulatha's father's friend
- Mamukkoya as Kunjikannan, Charulatha's father's friend
- T. G. Ravi as Aalikka, Charulatha's father's friend
- Balachandran Chullikkadu as Appukuttan Maash, Charulatha's father's friend
- Manikuttan as Fraud Boy, minister's son
- Deepak Menon as Minister's son's friend. 
- Ambika Mohan as Abhilash's mother
- "We Are in Love" — Karthik, Vineeth Sreenivasan, Sayanora Philip, T. R. Soumya
- "Mizhi Tammil" — Ranjith Govind, Swetha Mohan
- "Mizhi Tammil" — Swetha Mohan
- "Taara Jaalam" — Afsal, Sujatha, Ganesh Sundaram, Cicily, Rakhi R. Nath, Raghuram;
- "Kadalolam" — Manjari
- "Minnaminnikoottam" — P. Jayachandran, Anitha (singer)
The movie did reasonably well particularly among young audience. However, in an interview with Manorama in 2015, director Kamal classified this a movie he wished he didn't work on. Samvrutha Sunil won the Best Supporting Actress at Asianet Film Awards for this film in 2008.
- Minnaminnikootam film-Minnaminnikootam Movie, Minnaminnikootam Film, Minnaminnikootam Preview Malayalam movie preview-Malayalam film Minnaminnikootam
- Minnaminnikootam (2008) - Music India OnLine Archived 22 June 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- Minnaminnikkoottam on IMDb
- http://www.123.com/movie/2008/regional/may/minnaminnekoottam/preview/index.htm[permanent dead link]